Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Nice listing. You are missing one statistic, though; in your listing of number of artifacts and fragments needed to make them, you don't have Orcs listed. I guess you just overlooked that, as it is implied in your dissertation following it .

  2. #62
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,416
    I did some datamining of my own, Kaysha, and have found enough evidence to say you're right.
    Site: 56364 Name: Zul'Farrak Digsite
    Site: 56367 Name: Broken Pillar Digsite
    Site: 56369 Name: Eastmoon Ruins Digsite
    Site: 56371 Name: Southmoon Ruins Digsite
    Site: 56373 Name: Dunemaul Fossil Ridge
    Site: 56375 Name: Abyssal Sands Fossil Ridge

    6 Tanaris sites. No mention of a magical second Abyssal Sands region. 4 Troll, 2 Fossil. I'm going to update after the front page is updated to account for this.

    Thank you for mentioning this because without it, nobody would have gone looking and we would have had wrong information for a long time.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-01-26 at 08:45 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  3. #63
    I guess that also counts for the 9th Tol'Vir site . Though the overlooking on that one was somewhat logical, as the Steps of Fate and Tomb of the Precursors are so very close - and it's not like people will have more than one Tol'Vir digsite up, usually, so having both of those up at the same time is very unlikely.

    But since you've been mining around a bit for these digsite names, do you have more than just these? Seeing as I am not so well-versed in data mining the WoW files, I can't really get all the digsite names. Yes, I realise I could have gotten them at the same time as when I was making the screenshots - but I kinda forgot. I will probably be doing them multiple times over yet in Kalimdor, before I get my Vial recipe and the Ammunae staff, but it's slow progress, so if it's available in another way, that would be helpful. I've since also seen that in Archy's LUA file, all the digsites are mentioned as well - do you know if those are indeed corresponding to the ones you datamined?

  4. #64
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    I guess that also counts for the 9th Tol'Vir site . Though the overlooking on that one was somewhat logical, as the Steps of Fate and Tomb of the Precursors are so very close - and it's not like people will have more than one Tol'Vir digsite up, usually, so having both of those up at the same time is very unlikely.

    But since you've been mining around a bit for these digsite names, do you have more than just these? Seeing as I am not so well-versed in data mining the WoW files, I can't really get all the digsite names. Yes, I realise I could have gotten them at the same time as when I was making the screenshots - but I kinda forgot. I will probably be doing them multiple times over yet in Kalimdor, before I get my Vial recipe and the Ammunae staff, but it's slow progress, so if it's available in another way, that would be helpful. I've since also seen that in Archy's LUA file, all the digsites are mentioned as well - do you know if those are indeed corresponding to the ones you datamined?
    I haven't checked the list against Archy or Wowpedia, but it is as follows: http://pastebin.com/Sb4cEmUG

    If you remove the 3 "TEMPLATE"s and 3 Vashj'ir sites, that is 170 dig sites. Currently, we know of 62 + 53 + 27 + 28 = 170.

    I can list the IDs too if you need for like addon purposes or such.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  5. #65
    Thanks for the link .

    No, I don't need the specific ID's, it's just that I've managed to finish the digsite screenshots for Kalimdor a while back (with your confirmation of only 6 Tanaris sites), and I want to edit those screenshots to add the names of each digsite as well. And possibly an icon to indicate the race for which you're digging there. If you want, I can post those images here as well, as soon as I am done with them.

    I plan on doing the same for the other continents, which should be easier and faster than Kalimdor, considering that they all have (much) less digsites. It's just that I am focussing on Kalimdor for now, for reasons stated earlier .

  6. #66
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,416
    Updated to add the new dig sites added in Patch 4.0.6.

    7 new Tol'vir sites were added to Uldum.
    2 new Nerubian sites were added to Northrend.
    2 new Nerubian sites were added to Eastern Plaguelands.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  7. #67

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Updated to add the new dig sites added in Patch 4.0.6.

    7 new Tol'vir sites were added to Uldum.
    2 new Nerubian sites were added to Northrend.
    2 new Nerubian sites were added to Eastern Plaguelands.
    Yay! The increase to 23%+ for Tol'vir will get me motivated again to try and get some of those rares. Thanks for this Simca.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Updated to add the new dig sites added in Patch 4.0.6.

    7 new Tol'vir sites were added to Uldum.
    2 new Nerubian sites were added to Northrend.
    2 new Nerubian sites were added to Eastern Plaguelands.
    After hours upon hours of grinding Kalimdor, they do this ... nearly doubling the amount of Tol'Vir digsites. In one way I might feel frustrated, but since I am still after the Staff now, it's almost as good as a wet dream come true. *drool*

    So that means we get 16 Tol'Vir digsites, which then immediately becomes more readily available than Fossil Digsites. Adding 7 means the total goes up to 69, making for 23,18% of the Kalimdor digsites - all cramped into one zone!

    Can't they hurry with the patch already?

  9. #69
    Can anyone confirm that the new tol'vir sites were added in live? I have yet to come across a new tol'vir site, but alas RNG is RNG.

  10. #70
    Curious about this as well, especially since WoWpedia only mentions 5 new Tol'Vir ones and no Nerubians.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth View Post
    Can anyone confirm that the new tol'vir sites were added in live? I have yet to come across a new tol'vir site, but alas RNG is RNG.
    Yes, I can confirm new digsites are live. In about an hour 3 of the 4 Tol'vir sites that spawned for me last night were new ones.

  12. #72
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    Curious about this as well, especially since WoWpedia only mentions 5 new Tol'Vir ones and no Nerubians.
    Considering I was the one keeping the Wowpedia site up to date, let me go fix that.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  13. #73
    The Nerubian sites in Eastern Kingdoms are available before 450. I got one at 410 skill, so likely they appear at 375, along with Northrend. While this will not affect most players, it does make the current table inaccurate between 375 and 450.

    Edit: I see there is a footnote... ignore me.
    Last edited by timski; 2011-02-12 at 01:30 AM.

  14. #74
    I have been at 525 for some time now. Have only completed two artifacts for Tol'vir before the added sites. I hope they can get the Tol'vir sites pop up more often. Spent 6hours Saturday doing digsites in Kalimador and it never gave me digsites for Uldum. Very frustrating when you can spend this much time digging and never having a digsite in uldum for the Tol'vir artifacts even after they added the now digsites.

    BTW thanks for the breakdown. It was very helpfull.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggydaze View Post
    I have been at 525 for some time now. Have only completed two artifacts for Tol'vir before the added sites. I hope they can get the Tol'vir sites pop up more often. Spent 6hours Saturday doing digsites in Kalimador and it never gave me digsites for Uldum. Very frustrating when you can spend this much time digging and never having a digsite in uldum for the Tol'vir artifacts even after they added the now digsites.

    BTW thanks for the breakdown. It was very helpfull.
    I'm not even 525 and last night after reaching 450 I made 2 Tol'vir artifacts.

  16. #76
    The Patient Ranklune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    On the moon.
    Posts
    303
    Now, I have a question, and maybe this has been mentioned before, but okay.

    If you go to your Archaeology tab you will seel left from the Vrykul tab this Indiana Jones hat with a pickaxe and backpacks and stuff.
    Anyone got an idea what this is? I was thinking an idea for a future patch?
    Thanks Shyama for making this AWESOME Signature, I love it!

  17. #77
    High Overlord Hydramith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Doomhammer EU ;)
    Posts
    162
    That was once a generic icon for all races Elunefess before they all got their own icons. At this very moment it has no use.

  18. #78
    I was able to get 2 artifacts done while getting to 525. I was commenting on how the dig sites do not spawn enough in Uldum. I had spent a total of 20 hours over three days and dig sites in Uldum we never coming up. It was becoming frustrating. I was getting evrything else in the continent for dig sites.

    As of this last weekend, I spent 8 hours digging in Kalimdor and saw more Uldum dig sites pop up. The spawn rate seems to be better than it was. I was able to complete some more artifacts. Still looking for the Vial of Sands so I can get the mount for my alchy.

  19. #79
    Players now have a much smaller chance of getting a dig site for a race for which they have completed all rare finds.
    Did anyone test what this "much smaller chance" means in %?

  20. #80
    I like staying at 75 Archaeology and just spamming Eastern Kingdoms

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •