Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Definitely useful and depressing on how rare Nerubian and Tol'vir dig sites truly are. Hopefully blizzard comes up with some sort of fix or use for the useless fragments we end up with.. looking at you fossil fragments. And useless as in have done all the projects for.

What's the droprate on the 12 fragment pieces then? It FEELS like it's not same on all, as I ahve been digging 20 tol'vir without any bonus at all, while most other seem to give every 5-10 digsite.

I dont know if this would count as a guide, but this totally should win the guide competition MMO Champ is running.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggression View Post
    What's the droprate on the 12 fragment pieces then? It FEELS like it's not same on all, as I ahve been digging 20 tol'vir without any bonus at all, while most other seem to give every 5-10 digsite.
    I believe up until 75 you get 2-3 fragments, and then after 150, it goes up to 3-5, and then after 375, it goes up to a maximum of 6 per node.

I do not believe there is a pattern to them though. I got 3, 4, and 6 from this Tol'vir dig just now. I've gotten 3 6s from some Night Elf sites before, but I've also gotten 3 3s. I think it is just random.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator2009 View Post
    I dont know if this would count as a guide, but this totally should win the guide competition MMO Champ is running.
    Well, I've written tons of guides. There's my Kael'thas Sunstrider (Tempest Keep version) solo guide, my lore guide, and a few others that are much older. I'm not really interested in any efame or taking rewards from other users in the off chance that I write something good enough to win. Plus, as a moderator, if I entered, people would cry conspiracy.

This particular set of information isn't nearly useful enough to be called a guide in its own right anyway, but it could be expanded upon greatly to form a good one, I will admit.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I believe up until 75 you get 2-3 fragments, and then after 150, it goes up to 3-5, and then after 375, it goes up to a maximum of 6 per node.

I do not believe there is a pattern to them though. I got 3, 4, and 6 from this Tol'vir dig just now. I've gotten 3 6s from some Night Elf sites before, but I've also gotten 3 3s. I think it is just random.

Well, I've written tons of guides. There's my Kael'thas Sunstrider (Tempest Keep version) solo guide, my lore guide, and a few others that are much older. I'm not really interested in any efame or taking rewards from other users in the off chance that I write something good enough to win. Plus, as a moderator, if I entered, people would cry conspiracy.

This particular set of information isn't nearly useful enough to be called a guide in its own right anyway, but it could be expanded upon greatly to form a good one, I will admit.
    Nah, I don't mean fragments/dig. I mean the troll tablet, highborne scroll and those. What's doprate on those? And do they differ race to race?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by syteless View Post
    Table is useless apart from stating common sense.

pre-450 = the continent where the races fit.
    ie trolls mainly inhabited EK as well as dwarves.
    night elves stayed around Hyjal so Kal, but some were near EK before the sundering.
    fossils are everywhere.
    Tol'vir are from 1 zone.
    Draenei and orcs are aliens from Draenor = outland.
    Nerubians = not Aqir so = northrend.
    post-450 = same shit.

This comes from a loremaster who already knows where each race should be without archaeology, so disregard at will.
    First and foremost, thanks heaps for transferring the wowpedia data into a nice and tidy table of %'s.

Second, Syteless whilst some may know by looking at a location what that location is without ever having to bother going to the digsite, whether that be by lore knowledge or common sense, some of us (me included) are very visual beings and love seeing stats or %'s given.

So for that thanks again!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggression View Post
    Nah, I don't mean fragments/dig. I mean the troll tablet, highborne scroll and those. What's doprate on those? And do they differ race to race?
    That is actually a very, very good question, and one I do not have the answer to. I would assume they are the same but am not entirely sure.

Also, updating this table based on the rumor that Vashj'ir dig sites no longer spawn.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-24 at 12:09 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Also, updating this table based on the rumor that Vashj'ir dig sites no longer spawn.
    omg, now when you say it..might be true!!! Not got any for 5h work in EK today!!!!

Awesome, thanks a lot

Deleted
    Wouldn't it be best to NOT finsih any artefacts until you had thousands of relics? This way you never gain in skill but instead can stick to a low amount of digging sites instead of being sent around the world in different new zones...

Great post thanks. helped out alot

Quote Originally Posted by Tiefling View Post
    Wouldn't it be best to NOT finsih any artefacts until you had thousands of relics? This way you never gain in skill but instead can stick to a low amount of digging sites instead of being sent around the world in different new zones...
    first more than 80% of archeologist "wants" tolvir artifacts (either for achievements (gl 20/26 rare without any of the 6 tolvir), for the recipe of the vial or for the mount/ring/sword), so for those 80+% that's definitely not a good idea, especially knowing that you'll get shitloads of elves and fossils by farming tolvir, and some trolls too... and furthermore, when would you know you'll have enough ? just imagine farming 4k troll artifact and dropping the sword at 2k frag...

so, for example waiting for being at 450 before making the troll artifact (and only upping with fossils and dwarfs and elves) might be a good idea if you really want the sword, but I wouldn't recommend lagging at 445 on purpose waiting to have even more troll fragments...

Deleted
    thanks, loving archaeology so far.

i love archaeology lol

Deleted
    thank you so much Simca

want moar dwarf!

what are the stats on the epic sword?

is there any chance to grind one race artifacts only?

Helpful list for me, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is great, thanks, i just wish they would make Cata ( Post 450) Digs seperate from the others, call me a scrub and a casual but, its annoying, and would still be a tiny bit annoying, getting 4 in TH when your in uldum, but still