Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? While people are willing to buy 1 ore, I'm willing to sell it.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    i normally put stacks of something at a "discounted" rate behind the singel posters... so basically its a buy in bulk methodology... i usually sell alot more that way ... but i agree that its definately annoying especially when you know your AH items are on page 3 because people are trying to make an extra 1 gold on each item or are using an addon

Deleted
    AM I mistaken here - the default AH UI allows you to set the stack size and number of auctions now. So its an inbuilt function.

Also, newslfash - different people do different things in different ways.

You can actually choose the number of stacks and stack size from the default interface. Unfortunately they haven't added check boxes or the like to make buying easier.

Generally I just make full stacks of stuff and then any leftovers I'll split into a 10, 5, and some 1 stacks. For some things, I try to sell them in quantities people need them, like for Abyss Crystals. I used to do stacks of 6, 4, and 1. Except for Berserking's 10, those are the only amounts of Abyss Crystals needed for anything.

People doing this annoy me greatly i have Inscription and JC and have to dig thru herbs and ore singly.

Deleted
    It bugs me too, as someone who buys a lot of herbs, but as others have said - it's supply and demand. There are some buyers who want their goods in bulk, and there are some who want them in smaller amounts. And if the goods are selling, the sellers will stick to their methods.

Personally, I like to offer multiple options - I'll put the majority of my goods up in big stacks, and then some in smaller ones. That way you cover more of the market.

Really? Addons do that? Whats this then....

That's the default blizzard auction house frame, with full support of easy mode single posting. It's been like this for a very long time.

80 Paladin, 80 Rogue, 80 Priest, 80 Death Knight, 72 Mage

It's annoying but get over it.

Saw one guy post over 200 single ores himself last week. I don't mind scanning through pages to get to see if the stacks are cheaper, but 200 odd items on one char? Surely blizz should put a cap somewhere. Only allow chars to post 20 of the same items in any stack size or something. The cap would not carry across to different items, just that one item.

20 (stacks) of Ob ore, 20 (stacks) ele ore, etc at a time. (Stacks of mean 1-20+ items).

You don't need an addon, just click and it'll reverse it from showing one through to twenty to showing twenty through to one (example).

e: On topic, I do appreciate smaller stacks. Occasionally I only need 1 ore, dust, piece of cloth.

those of you who don't like buying all the individuals should download auctionator, imo.

you can still use the normal blizz auction search, or you can use auctionator. it lists the item in a window that shows you the cheapest price per unit, and makes buying multiple singles very quick and easy.

i prefer auctionator over auctioneer. it makes posting auctions much easier (shows the same list of price per unit for every auction of that item on the ah, and how large those stacks are, etc.) and it obviously undercuts the cheapest price per unit. you can also just up it a little once it sets that price if you think it's a little low and all of those auctions will sell anyway.

i also prefer it over auctioneer b/c it lets you look through the ah with the standard blizz auction house, without all the extra crap auctioneer has.

so for those of you who dont like AH addons, auctionator is probably a good thing to look into. it just gives you a couple of extra tabs on the ah window. it doesn't change what's already there

Don't worry, there is a special place in hell (right next to corrupt politicians) reserved for the people who post excessive amounts of individual items.

If you want to post like 10 individual items, hey great. No problem here. Many times I've been short a couple of items needed for a combine and greatly appreciate the singles. Please don't be like this one jackass on my server and post over 9 pages of individual elementium ore on a 48 hour timer during the beginning month of the expansion when people are trying to skill up (use mutliple stacks). Hopefully thier gold selling business goes bankrupt from losing it all on deposites.

Now I just farm it myself or use trade chat for large quantity purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    Gold sellers and other people that have addons that do it for them... Unfortunate but true. They need to be banned imo. The addons not the players.
    Have you played WoW lately? There's an in-game option to sell hundreds of items in stacks of 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Often I find myself looking for the cheapest ones, but I tend to buy out stacks of items over singular items as they annoy me to no end as well. I hardly play the AH and I try to minimize the use of addons as much as I can (as every (mayor) patch seems to break them anyway), so using an auction addon is a far stretch for me.

But what would already help me a great deal is if Blizzard made a small change to the Auction UI: allow people to sort whatever they're searching for based on individual buyout cost, even across stacks. So if there's an item put up for sale in a stack of 20 or so, for 100gp buyout (the individual buyout would be 5gp per item) and the same item 20 times singular with prices ranging from 6gp to 10gp buyout, the 20-stack would surface on top if sorted by individual buyout price.

Post almost all of my auctions via the Iphone app and I personally mix full stacks, 5 stacks and single pieces. I find that over all I sell far more without relists with this mix.

Note: I leveled two 85s with 2 gathering professions to 85 for the vast profits associated with early expansion prices. Probably 5-9k a day just from raw mats + profits from my two JC mules selling cut blue gems.

My only complaint with pages of singles is that the Iphone app only goes 8 pages in and when you have 8+ pages of singles and 8+ pages of 20stacks it is impossible to find the current actual low buyout price for a stack.

Quote Originally Posted by JaymzBond View Post
    it is for people who only need a couple of them
    also if u need many u can buy them too
    so it goes to all the potential customers out there
    Exactly. Sometimes I want stacks of things. Sometimes I want a few singles. Why couldn't other buyers be in a similar situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeviathanZero View Post
    Whereas people like myself will happily pay an extra 10% or more on top of the lowest price to be able to buy full stacks of ore rather than having to click "Buyout" twenty times the amount we want to buy. If you want just 5 stacks of ore, that's 300 clicks to buy it individually. No way it's worth the time.
    My time may be worth the gold when stuff is so expensive at the start of an xpac. I'm sure some others would be inclined to agree.

And for all, its not necessarily addons that do this. The remote AH app gives you the option, same as the in-game AH, to set a number for stack size and number of stacks. Sometimes it makes sense to use varying amounts, sometimes it doesn't. My only gripe is that there isn't an option with the in-game AH to sort by Buy-Out Per Item price.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about buying all the volatile air stacks you possibly can for 35g each and then putting them up as a single item for 60g. Controlled the market pretty much since Cata has launched (minus a few days due to a hectic work schedule) and have made roughly 21k+. Like people have said before sometimes you only need one thing and are willing to pay a higher fee because you don't wish to waste gold on purchasing a full stack.

Simple profit is the answer. You can tend to get away with overpricing single items rather than trying to undercut whoever has a stack. For example:

Lets say a stack of Elementium Ore sells for about 200g. Thats 10g an ore. What some people will do is then put up one or more single ores for 15g lets say. At the end of they day chances are that they will indeed end up selling all of this ore due to single ores needed at times (to get to 5 of an ore to prospect, to get to 2 of an ore to smelt, etc) And indeed they will make small profit. Now this is assuming they themselves dont get undercut OR put so many on the AH that they wont be bought, thus meaning this only works with items in demand (trying doing this with 150 Azerothian Diamonds and you will want to kill youself..trust me).

So in conclusion, this will happen as long as an item is popular, and quite frankly people WILL indeed take these slightly overpriced singles over paying a much higher price for a not needed full stack. That being said I do personally take part in putting up smaller stacks that are slightly overprices (as compared to a full stack), but rather than in stacks of 1, more like 5s or 10s. Its how you play the AH these days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    You don't need an addon, just click and it'll reverse it from showing one through to twenty to showing twenty through to one (example).

e: On topic, I do appreciate smaller stacks. Occasionally I only need 1 ore, dust, piece of cloth.

This^ i usually click the name to sort them from highest cost to lowest, so the stacks are first and the single items are last. I scroll down until i see lthe lowest priced stack and buy it