Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    in tbc(pre-sunwell) my shaman tanked all of kara.. kind of just for fun..
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavesworth View Post
    BLIZZARD has stated Rockbiter's intended use many many many many many times: TO SAVE A HEALER IN A 5 MAN, say if maybe your tank dies, or misses an add and your priest is about to get destroyed.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION. There is nothing to discuss. They said what it was for. You will never be tanks.
    I believe you're missing the point of this thread... Most of us in here already know what Blizzard has said, but Blizzard has gone back on what they said "will never happen" on several occasions (see almost every paid service Blizzard has released for us). The discussion here is more on the potential of the future of this ability, which falls on the potential for tanking it gives us.

rockbiters taunt can save a ur groups healer if the tank misses something. it could be used in an "oh no i can do something about this" situation

During cataclysm beta there were plans to let shamans tank some easier vanilla instances and so the Rockbiter was implemented.
    Then the plans were scrapped, Rockbiter stayed.

It's possible to have an enhance shaman tank a heroic in Cata once your group has decent gear, same as with BM hunter pets. Unfortunately you can't queue for a random without a tank class, but you can definitely clear the instance if you need to for whatever reason. Rockbiter helps with that, in addition to the extra threat on frost shock. It also has potential kiting value, I guess.