I've been asked by a few people lately for some help levelling through Outland and Northrend. Figured I'd make a quick overview of what I've found over levelling 11 80s to be the fastest route through Northrend at least. Outland, if you need it, I've found the best is to instance/quest in Hellfire until 64 or 65 and then head to Nagrand, do the Ring of Blood quests at 65 and level there until 68, doing an instance or two if you need the extra experience. Following this, at no point should you ever need to hearth. You can run with 4 Netherweave bags the whole time and still be fine, as long as you sell at regular intervals. Training is also not a big deal with the recent changes but, if you absolutely need to, keep your Hearth at Dalaran, train there and fly back to wherever you're questing.

Addons

There are a few addons I've found extremely key to levelling quickly, as well as keeping ontop of yourself to make sure you're not wasting time.

Auto Questing Tools
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ing-tools.aspx

This, I find is completely key to getting that extra hour or two over the course of your levelling. I'm sure there are other addons that do it, I also know of a few scripts that do this, but it's lightweight and rarely bugs out. Basically, it auto-accepts quests as soon as you right click the questgiver. It will also share the quests to the rest of your group who, if they are also running the addon, will auto-accept them as well.

By default, you have to hold CTRL when you're turning in and accepting quests, but this can be turned off by typing /aqt security.
If you want it as well, mostly useful at the level cap, it can auto-accept the most expensive item when turning in a quest, making questing even more mind-numbingly boring.

Another really nice part about it, is that it will auto-learn all of your spells and moves from a class trainer when you right click them. Not a big thing, but handy nonetheless.

Titan Panel

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tan-panel.aspx

Titan panel is something, I think, every WoW player might as well have. It organizes all useful information in up to 4 bars at the top and bottom of your screen. You can have it to auto-hide when you're not moused over and have as little as one bar at the top or bottom that shows various information such as:
-total gold across characters
-bagspace
-Location/Co-ordinates
-Total addon memory
-Latency and FPS
-Experience per hour and time to level

The experience per hour and time to level is the big reason you want this addon. Everything else on there can be found fairly easily in the Blizzard UI, this just makes it a little neater and more on the fly. Sure, you can do quick calculations to figure out what your approximate experience per hour is but this will tell you, at a quick glance:

-total experience required to level
-total amount of rested experience, in an actual number
-Experience gained that session
-How many kills to level, based on your last kill
-Experience gains to level, based on your last experience gain
-Experience/hour at that level
-Experience/hour during that session
-Approximate time to level (Which is usually fairly accurate for play sessions longer than an hour)

Many people find they don't need this but I feel it's very similiar to running recount and having an increased DPS. If you know what your experience per level is, you know where it can be at and if you're on the right track or not.

Questhelper

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...st-helper.aspx

At this time, I believe Questhelper's broken but it should be up any day. Very similiar to the ingame Objective tracking but this is the addon that it's based off of. Most people use, or have used this addon and it's pretty self-explanatory. It attempts to show you your fastest route for quests in your log. It's got a lot of neat functions many people don't utilize as well, such as finding the exact co-ordinates of certain mobs, vendors, etc. You don't need this addon, but there's no reason not to be running it. (Except it's high memory usage)

Ingame Script

/run local p,N,c,n=0 for b=0,4 do for s=1,GetContainerNumSlots(b) do n=GetContainerItemLink(b,s) if n and string.find(n,"9d9d9d") then N={GetItemInfo(n)} c=GetItemCount(n) p=p+(N[11]*c)UseContainerItem(b,s) print(n) end end end print(GetCoinText(p))

Again, not necessary but nice to use. Just make a macro and copy/paste that in there. It'll sell all of your grey items in your bags, as well as telling you how much gold was made by selling them. Nice to have.

Levelling in Northrend

Levelling in Northrend has always been pretty easy, and after this last 20% reduction to total experience required, it can be ridiculously fast. I'm going to do a quick Zone by Zone overview and what the major things you want to avoid in each zone are. All of the levelling values are with 20% increased experience gain from Heirloom gear. As well, this assumes that you aren't rested at all. In general, avoid instances unless you can complete ALL the quests for that instance in one run and you don't have to actually travel to turn them in. (ie. They're on your quest route)

At any point of levelling in Northrend, you should be gaining at least 800,000 experience per hour. At times, you can reach peaks of about 1.5 million experience per hour, usually around Sholozar Basin. As a goal though, try to maintain 800,000 or so and you'll do fine.

If you have the gold for it, Epic Flying is always a good investment. It'll speed up your levelling by quite a bit and any decent gold investment in a character gives you another reason to stick with it.

Also, avoid any group quests unless you can solo them or complete them without any stopping. Only exception to this rule is the Ampitheatre in Zul'Drak. Get someone from the guild to solo it for you. It's very worth it.

Basic route you want to take throughout Northrend from 68-80.

Borean Tundra

My second favourite zone in Northrend. Very fast, not much you want to skip here. Start at Valiance Keep and basically just follow the quests. The arrows on the map give you the basics of where you want to go and when. Try and do the Druids of D.E.H.T.A. quests last, as you're heading out of the zone. Only do the Nexus if you can get a que around the time you're running around Coldarra and you can turn them in before you leave Coldarra. I usually don't bother with the Malygos quest chain in Coldarra, but it's not a huge loss if you want to do it. In general, you want to complete about 105-115/115 quests in Borean Tundra.

Howling Fjord

The Fjord is nice if you want to almost completely skip Grizzly Hills and Zul'Drak. You'll want to do most of the quests here as well. The fastest part of this is probably the Pirate island, great experience, especially with an epic flying mount. Not much more to say about the Fjord, again, skip group quests unless you can solo them and avoid most of the Giant's Run quests. Try and get between 100-115/130 quests done here. This zone should get you to 73 or so, allowing Dragonblight to bring you farther along.

Dragonblight

Boring zone. It'll feel like it takes forever but it's the most important zone in Northrend while levelling. You can start off on either the East side at Wintergarde Keep, or Star's Rest at the West. Doing both, I've found Star's Rest gives a much more fluid experience and you can just breeze through, going Westward. You'll start out in Star's Rest, get ticked off at not getting the Invasion plans (or something like that) off of the Mage Hunters, but drudge through it anyway. After finishing Star's Rest and the place right about Azjol'Nerub, you spend a small amount of time at the Moa'ki Harbor, then head to Wyrmrest temple. Do the quests available there and head to Wintergarde. Knock out all of Wintergarde (try and get someone to help you with the group quests, but don't actually waste time finding a group for them) and head Northwest to pretty much finish the zone. If you chose to do the Fjord, you should be fairly close to 77, if not already past it after finishing Dragonblight. Aim for getting the achievement for finishing this zone, it's worth it to do all the quests.

Grizzly Hills

I've found this isn't a very well designed zone for very fluid questing. It's too broken up at different places. Completely avoid the Drakuru questlines. Trust me, they're a waste of time experience wise. If you did Fjord, you should try and finish all the quests on the West side of Grizzly Hills (With the exception of Drakuru's quests) ending around the Blue Sky Logging Grounds quests. If not, you'll end up finishing most of the zone. Aim for 70+ quests completed if this is the case.

Zul'Drak

Another zone it's best to avoid. However, if you do try and avoid this zone, you'll end up doing a lot in Storm Peaks, which is even worse for your experience/hour. Not much to say about this zone other than completely avoid all of the Ensorcelled Choker (http://www.wowhead.com/item=38699) quests past the first 2 or 3. As soon as it asks you to complete a task for Drakuru, get the hell away from there and abandon the quest. Massive experience per hour loss. Avoid doing the Storm King final quest as well, it's kind of a waste of time but not a big deal if you want to finish it. Other than that, make sure you get someone to do the Amphitheater (level 75) for you once you're doing quests around the Altar of Rhunok. As you're finishing up here, try and get a group for Gundrak and finish the quests that you can pick up at the North Camp. You should finish this zone between level 77-late 78.

Storm Peaks

The first few quests at K3 are not bad here. Quick experience but as soon as you get to the Brunnhildar challenges, specifically the one where you have to rescue 9 captured champions on the back of a drake or something (Sorry, can't remember the name), get out of there. You won't be here for long but it should get you to 79.

Sholozar Basin

This is a great zone. It's fast, nice atmosphere and very nice organization of quests. You're going to start questing with Freya, then after getting your first quest to obtain a key for the Waygate, head down to the River's Heart and get the quest that will get you start with the Frenzy Heart/Oracles. Finish all those quests and head down to Nesingwary Base Camp. Now, as long as you organize your quests properly and make sure you do them all at the same time, this will be the fastest levelling you've ever experienced. Most of the quests around Nesingwary can be done while finishing 2 or 3 other quests, so keep that in mind. When you're killing the Dreadsabers or Rhino's, make sure you fly up and get the key for Freya's quest, which you'll turn in later. Other than that, follow the questlines here, finish everything except the last quest for the Etymidian. That's another big waste of time (last quest after taking the waygate back to Un'ghoro crater). After finishing here, you should be very close to 80.

Icecrown

You don't want to spend a lot of time in Icecrown. If you've done everything right, you should have to do some of the beginning quests at the Argent Stand and end up finishing right before the quests to go to Crystalsong.

I guess that's it. I didn't mean for this to be long at all. Just wanted to make that picture for a few people that were asking. Well, if anyone did get this far, thanks for reading.