15+ Year Old Account

What is this weird machine in Ironforge?

I was working on Winter Veil achievements on an alt when I happened across this.. thing in Ironforge.

Screenshot

It's located roughly here.
    You can go see it yourself in game if you'd like (at least I hope I'm not the only one seeing it).

I mean, I haven't been in Ironforge -that- much since Cataclysm hit but I rode around a bit and didn't see anything else like it, and while it could just be 'decorative' it seems quite out of place.

Just wondering if anyone knew what it was and what it's used for, it anything. Its randomness + lack of tooltip intrigued me c:

Looks like a gnomish pizza-owen O.o

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's the thing, it really doesn't look 'Winter Veil'y, but it seems like it must be since that is the only temporary decorations up - unfortunately I don't have a pre-Winter Veil reference sharp enough to know if it's actually new or not.
    Last edited by Tribunal; 2010-12-21 at 11:08 AM.

Deleted
    it looks like a damn still for making MOONSHINE...those dwarfs rly know how to PARTEEEEE!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    If you go see it in-game, the scale is really off too. Those kegs are quite tiny!

They're like the size of the powder kegs in H: Deadmines to use something people have been seeing a fair bit of

If it's a still it's a pretty crappy one, you'd think the Dwarves would be better off in that department.

I'm currently headed to the Smokeywood Pastures Goblins in Orgrimmar to see if they have anything similar hanging around, in case that really is the answer.
    Last edited by Tribunal; 2010-12-21 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    with the dwarves being so obsessed with ale.... how could it be anything else!? ^_^

Deleted
    I think there's a similar thing in Sholazar Basin. You use it to make Thunderbrew's Jungle Punch.

That is the holly preservation machine that lets your holly stay fresh year round.

looks like the thingie used in the brewing quest where you make kungaloosh in sholozar basin.. interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure enough, the Smokeywood Pasture people are just homebrewing all those holiday spirits they offer!
    (Though the Orgimmar one is a lot less obvious, it's hidden right up behind their wagon)

The scale makes a bit more sense knowing it belongs to those tiny Goblins.

I probably should have checked that first, oh well! It really seems quite disconnected from them in IF, might be one of those 'out of place' decorations mentioned in the hotfixes or something.

Deleted
    Its old(?) thing that you could use to make some items for winter veil after you've completed quests for the smokywood. I cant remember what, might've been snowballs for some salt.
    For example in ogrimmar there is odd sings hovering on the air that are remnants from old ogrimmar positions of winterveil (see it on top of AH).

There's a quest from the Smokeywoods Pasture dude related to it.

Bombchus come out of that.

Deleted
    I noticed the same thing in SW..