Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

ToGC: Anub`arak = Unkillable

Steamrolled the place last night for laughs and a guild achievement. Couldn't down him. Why? Leeching Swarm. It seems that our gear has us at such a high level of health that we just can't outpace his self healing once he casts that debuff at 30%.

For the mathematically inclined: 110k health average amongst your 10 raiders means that all 6 dps must do at least 18k dps to offset the healing done via Leeching Swarm.

We even unequipped a ton of our gear, and couldn't get past his self healing. Losing the gear dropped our dps at apparently the same rate as his self healing.

The closest we got him was 18%, I think. By the end of it we were laughing too hard to continue.

Good game, Blizzard. Good game.

Deleted
    haha, this is a nice unintended change XD
    did u raise a ticket 2 let them know? maybe they will nerf it.

10+ Year Old Account
    you do realize, that the goal of p3 is to stay at ~500 health, don't you?

Your healers got you killed. It does healing based on percentage of CURRENT health, not max. You can let your health get just as low as before. The problem is your healers were pumping too much healing into you guys, thus too much healing into him. Tell them to stop worrying about keeping people topped off, and you're done.

The only healing that goes up in this encounter for him is the initial drain to get you low. If you guys had done this at the intended level, you really should know that already anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Arthmael View Post
    haha, this is a nice unintended change XD
    did u raise a ticket 2 let them know? maybe they will nerf it.
    I hope they won't !

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    Steamrolled the place last night for laughs and a guild achievement. Couldn't down him. Why? Leeching Swarm. It seems that our gear has us at such a high level of health that we just can't outpace his self healing once he casts that debuff at 30%.

For the mathematically inclined: 110k health average amongst your 10 raiders means that all 6 dps must do at least 18k dps to offset the healing done via Leeching Swarm.

We even unequipped a ton of our gear, and couldn't get past his self healing. Losing the gear dropped our dps at apparently the same rate as his self healing.

The closest we got him was 18%, I think. By the end of it we were laughing too hard to continue.

Good game, Blizzard. Good game.
    110 health average amongst your 10 raiders... at 100% hp I suppose? Then stop keeping everbody at 100%. That's the way it was done at level 80

I say gogo Blizzard, for making boss mechanics that actually forces you do know the tactics, even though it's outdated content... that is actually quite well done by Blizzard imo.

But if you keep healers and dps at about 15% hp all the time in the last phase, his selfhealing should be dramaticly decreased

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    This. Your healers shouldn't have been trying to keep you at full HP.

It shouldn't be too hard, having higher HP pools will only affect the initial healing he does, but once you raid is at 4k HP the healing he gets is the same as it was before, and with the buffed DPS you should be able to take him down easily.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    sup people who didn't understand the fight when it was current failing at it now that you out level it, maybe go wipe on bane some next? I heard its pretty easy now that you outlevel it, all the cool kids are doing it.

Everyone except tanks must be kept at around 30% health since Leeching Swarm leeches from current, not max health. Hunter can provide nature resistance to further minimize the leeching done.

I thought after 1.5 years of ToC this is common knowledge by know.

Deleted
    But oh no! They wouldn't know how to handle the penetrating cold debuff then!

He'll heal up a bit more than in wrath but will still go down pretty fast, it's just bads running a raid encounter that seems is still to hard for them.

Ooohhh. Fail springs to mind. Suprised your raid missed that, 10 of you I assume?

I wouldnt have really remembered a specific encounter mind so its not too bad

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not needed to nerf the encounter, it's time to buff your IQ.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have to GET to 500 health first. 110k to 500 is a lot of health the boss is receiving as you drop down. It's not like you have a "make me 500hp" button to do it instantly, and he died so fast prior to that phase that only the tanks were taking any damage at all up to that point.

this! really bold! it HAS BEEN that way all the time, when we fist killed him we always had to do this. later on the gear got so ubergood, it was'nt neccessary anymore. it is again. facerollers have to learn encounter mechanics, too. nice. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    Everyone except tanks must be kept at around 30% health since Leeching Swarm leeches from current, not max health. Hunter can provide nature resistance to further minimize the leeching done.

I thought after 1.5 years of ToC this is common knowledge by know.
    Well, in fall fairness 30% is way too high these days. 30% is 30k+ for 85s. No way do you need that much hp for anub. 10% would still be pretty high, but fine since DPS should have scaled a good amount.

15+ Year Old Account
    This. Sure he may nuke heal himself up at the start by draining your massive health pool, but assuming you keep everyone at an extremely low health, just like you had to when ToC was current content, you shouldn't be having any issues.

As peopel above said - let the HP drop - also get everyone to click off their Fortitude buff

A quick look on any tactic site would have allowed you to kill this boss

Glad you cant just face-roll some encounters just because you outgear - it makes me sad going back to Illidan and Kael'thas these days

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    You have to GET to 500 health first. 110k to 500 is a lot of health the boss is receiving as you drop down. It's not like you have a "make me 500hp" button to do it instantly, and he died so fast prior to that phase that only the tanks were taking any damage at all up to that point.

Yes, this is a reasonable excuse for why you kept healing the raid to keep the boss healing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Your healers got you killed.
    we weren't healing dps. at all.