Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by (Insert Name Here) View Post
    oh come on man - your "good game blizz, good game" just set a negative tone straight away for most of the replies; shouldnt be surprised its come to this
    Actually I was chuckling as I typed it. Don't read anger were there isn't any.

Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    Look, we only gave it 2 shots. Once with gear on, once without. We laughed. We moved on. I thought it was hilarious and figured I'd bring it here. I've killed the guy many times on several toons. We all have. We know the strats. Share in the humor of it all, or post something insulting if you need to make yourself feel smart. Thought I'd give you all a laugh is all. Lighten the F up.
    What you did is come in and post saying he's unkillable along with a blatant misunderstanding of the strats, then get defensive when called out on it.

For example
    For the mathematically inclined: 110k health average amongst your 10 raiders means that all 6 dps must do at least 18k dps to offset the healing done via Leeching Swarm.
    18dps? to offset the healing? Wrong. It means you need to do extra DAMAGE, not damage per second. Because once you guys are low his HPS is the same as it was at 80. It just means you need maybe 15 seconds moYou also used the genius idea of taking off gear, instead of just removing and re-equiping it, which would let your HP start low.

Things like "by the end" make it hard to believe it was only 2 attempts. That makes it sound like a long time. Maybe your attempts took a long time, except wait you said you weren't healing dps AT ALL. So were you just doing a tank healer run then?

The good game blizzard comment is pretty funny considering
    1) They made an encounter that you, apparently, can't just overgear.
    2) It was your mistake that cost you the kill.

Yea. That is a good game. It's cool design to not just roll over old content without knowing how it works. You may have known "let people get low." from your runs, but obviously you didn't know the reason you let people get low or you could have figured out a simple solution. So best case, you are one of those people that just follows whatever strats they find and can't figure it out on their own. Best. Case.

Don't come in and make a mistake, start a thread making a claim that is a lie, and then act like we're just making ourselves feel smart for trying to correct you. You screwed up. You'd save more face by admitting it than by being defensive and running away.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominix View Post
    because you dont understand the mechanic.
    Never said I didn't understand the mechanic. You know what they say about assumptions...

He was saying Cact, that he really doesn't care what you think. He was posting for lolz, not to stroke his epeen. Regardless of how wrong he is, he doesn't care.

Although above post is going to rightly lead to more flaming I assume. You clearly didn't realise or remember the mechanics at the time, nor during the time of this post. Not saying you didnt know them. You just really showed that you didnt at the time.

You have to GET to 500 health first. 110k to 500 is a lot of health the boss is receiving as you drop down. It's not like you have a "make me 500hp" button to do it instantly, and he died so fast prior to that phase that only the tanks were taking any damage at all up to that point.
    Wow, you must've run with some nice groups. For me, that "make me 500hp" button was called "path of frost" on the drop.

In all seriousness, that's probably the easiest way to keep your health low (even though it'll be low for the entire fight). Die on the drop, rez, run in. Just heal the tanks and everyone else can stay low (unless they get the cold debuff etc etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Deivid View Post
    The mathh is correct, i never said he drains it all at once, i just calculated the total healing he would get from draining all you health, it is indeed every 2 secs I belibe, but its 10% each time so he gets 10% of 1M = 100k next tick is about 90k and so on, its the same result.
    >.< hah i failed... sry
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Cause here on the forums If a troll trolls a troll the troll trolling the troll still gets banned for trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthmael View Post
    haha, this is a nice unintended change XD
    did u raise a ticket 2 let them know? maybe they will nerf it.
    Why should Blizzard nerf old content? Just because you can't kill it, doesn't mean they have to nerf so you can facerololol it...

Never said I didn't understand the mechanic. You know what they say about assumptions...
    You didn't have to say it. Someone saying "2+2=5" doesn't say they don't understand math. What they said says it for them. Unequiping your gear instead of letting HP get low, and healing dps "at all" said it for you.

Look, we only gave it 2 shots. Once with gear on, once without. We laughed. We moved on. I thought it was hilarious and figured I'd bring it here. I've killed the guy many times on several toons. We all have. We know the strats. Share in the humor of it all, or post something insulting if you need to make yourself feel smart. Thought I'd give you all a laugh is all. Lighten the F up.
    your thread title makes a claim that you did not really investigate fully.. is this something you usually do?.. make sweeping statements without any knowledge or attempt to find out..

Maybe we should view any post made by you as incorrect and irrelevent...

Lets face it it would have taken any half decent raiders about 2 secs to work that out if not know it when entering the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Wow, you must've run with some nice groups. For me, that "make me 500hp" button was called "path of frost" on the drop.

In all seriousness, that's probably the easiest way to keep your health low (even though it'll be low for the entire fight). Die on the drop, rez, run in. Just heal the tanks and everyone else can stay low (unless they get the cold debuff etc etc).
    No need for that at all. Just don't heal DPS throughout the encounter unless needed. There is enough damage going out in this fight to make sure everyone is low by the time P3 hits.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, you didn't say you didn't understand the mechanic, you just went in and wiped to it. Obviously you understood it perfectly. Idiot.

You guys are getting trolled so hard and it is fantastic!

We know the strats. .
    Nope.

Doing things wrong isn't funny. The only "lolz" to be had here are how 10 people missed a fairly simple mechanic in an ancient fight.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignoranceisbliss View Post
    You guys are getting trolled so hard and it is fantastic!
    Trolling would require saying something clever.

Sorry, but you did. You said he requires 18K DPS from 6 DD to offset his heals. Not only math is wrong but also interpretation of the actual mechanic is wrong. Anyways...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    What you did is come in and post saying he's unkillable along with a blatant misunderstanding of the strats, then get defensive when called out on it.
    Conversing isn't being defensive. You guys wanna get all feisty over something so silly, so be it. It's entertaining at least.
    18dps? to offset the healing? Wrong. It means you need to do extra DAMAGE, not damage per second. Because once you guys are low his HPS is the same as it was at 80. It just means you need maybe 15 seconds moYou also used the genius idea of taking off gear, instead of just removing and re-equiping it, which would let your HP start low.
    We were goofing off. We were joking around in vent. It was late night, after we'd done other things and we just went in for laughs. We were, in fact, laughing about doing the boss naked after the very first wipe, so we stripped naked to do it the second time. Maybe if you spent more of your WoW time having fun...

Things like "by the end" make it hard to believe it was only 2 attempts. That makes it sound like a long time. Maybe your attempts took a long time, except wait you said you weren't healing dps AT ALL. So were you just doing a tank healer run then?
    Wasn't a long time. Jaxx's corpse was still on the ground when we ported out. I still had my elixir buff from when we did previous raids.

The good game blizzard comment is pretty funny considering
    1) They made an encounter that you, apparently, can't just overgear.
    2) It was your mistake that cost you the kill.
    Part of the irony I was hinting at when I made that comment. Thanks for picking up on it. You win teh prize!

Yea. That is a good game. It's cool design to not just roll over old content without knowing how it works. You may have known "let people get low." from your runs, but obviously you didn't know the reason you let people get low or you could have figured out a simple solution. So best case, you are one of those people that just follows whatever strats they find and can't figure it out on their own. Best. Case.
    Actually, flat out wrong on all counts. I have 0 problems writing my own strats, and often do. Even though my current guild (guilded with my wife) doesn't do bleeding edge content, it's what I specifically prefer. Did it for 5 years in EQ, beating encounters before spoilers hit the web. No, going to knock around old content for fun without CARING about a "strat" does not mean I fail. It just means I was out to have fun and can laugh at my own stupidity... apparently unlike someone else around here.

Don't come in and make a mistake, start a thread making a claim that is a lie, and then act like we're just making ourselves feel smart for trying to correct you. You screwed up. You'd save more face by admitting it than by being defensive and running away.
    Not a mistake at all. And the thread isn't a lie, it's satire. It's entertaining. And it highlights how different some encounters can be, DUE TO MECHANICS, when you go back to revisit them. That's all.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vashtanerada View Post
    No need for that at all. Just don't heal DPS throughout the encounter unless needed. There is enough damage going out in this fight to make sure everyone is low by the time P3 hits.
    If it takes a really long time, you are indeed correct. He never submerged. Only damage was from 2 adds (offtanked) and the boss (tanked). IIRC our vent conversation went something like this:
    RL - "We should probably slow dps or he's going to heal like mad in about three... bleh, nevermind"
    lots of laughter
    Me - "We should just do it nekkid"
    lots of laughter
    tank dies
    Wife - "I'm sorry, I was laughing too hard to heal"
    offtank dies
    Offtank - "Nekkid time!"

And then we did it naked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have everyone get a scarab to munch on them a bit in p2. Get them down to 20ish % and keep them there until p3... profit! =)

Did ya'll try this?

It highlights you covering your ass. Telling people they're too worked up is you being defensive. Claiming you know the mechanics when you've made statements that prove you dont (as others and myself have pointed out) is a lie. Claiming it's unkillable when it definitely isn't, is a lie. I don't even think you realize what satire is.

Here's some irony though, you started a thread previously about how the new heroics will soon be faceroll again, and it came off rather condescending. Irony being, you can't outgear and faceroll an encounter that's tiers and an expansions worth of levels behind. Good luck in those heroics.

Here are some facts:
    1) Claimed it was unkillable, wrong.
    2) Claimed you knew mechanics, but wiped to them at least twice. Claim you make your own strats, but the strat you came up with did not address the issue the mechanic was giving you
    3) Claimed it required extra DPS, which is also wrong.

You've made several statements that show you didn't know the mechanics. Now you're trying to save face. It isn't working. I'd love for anyone who posts after this to let us know if they believe you understood the mechanics, or if you just failed hard and are backtracking now.

Give it up man. Leave. You're just embarassing yourself. We know you wiped, and the excuses are just kinda sad.

This thread is proof that you should learn mechanics before posting, lest you get flamed for being a noob.

Our guild had no trouble killing him last night.

/facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a mistake at all. And the thread isn't a lie, it's satire. It's entertaining. And it highlights how different some encounters can be, DUE TO MECHANICS, when you go back to revisit them. That's all.
    Considering the title of the thread states that he is unkillable now when, in fact, he is killable and it was a mistake on your part, makes the original intention of the thread, in fact, a lie. You seem to have changed your point from "omg this is so funny we can't kill this boss it's impossible" to "some fights are different now due to mechanics"