Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Just wanted to add: A tank can also die because the tank did something fucking stupid.

An update here, the boss seemed to have bugged. After phase 2 he was healed to 100% instead of regular 50%. And still they blamed me for going out of mana =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    So, if I let DPS die and we wipe it's better then trying to keep DPS up and maybe let tank die at 5% and still kill the boss. Okey. Well, I understand the theory but I'm pretty much of a perfectionist. I need to complete the bosses with all alive or I feel like I've failed or done something bad.

And with the DPS in that group, we really needed all DPS alive to even have a chance to kill the boss.

Ah well, I got kicked.
    A heroic geared healer can easily heal indefinately through most boss as long as he only needs to heal 1 target. Dps will get 1 shotted by most bosses so unless you can down 5% in 5 seconds you will still wipe. Also as mentioned above dont repeatedly heal the dps that is in the fire, give him 1 heal for the time to react but then its his fault if he stays 7 seconds too long.

As a tank....

_______ the dps >.>

Keep me alive
    I'll keep you and any smart DPS Alive
    (Though please do heal DPS through unavoidable mechanics)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    If the tank dies, its the healer's fault. If the healer dies, its the tank's fault. If a DPS dies, they did something fucking stupid.
    So, if tank gets earthspiked and 1 shotted its the healers fault for not healing a 150k instant???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewi View Post
    (Though please do heal DPS through unavoidable mechanics)
    Avenging wrath + Divine Fervor + Holy Radiance + Light of Dawn => FTW!!

In unavoidable damage situations always use a triage mechanic......healer>tank>good dps>hunter/warlock's pet>dungeon critter>crap dps.

Healers watch recount too ;P

i tend to find, 9/10 times, its the dps's fault for sucking. if they fight lasts more then 3-4 minutes, most healers go oom. ive healed heroic where the top dps is the tank at 8k, followed by 3 dps who dont break 5k. i mean WTF, L2p your class and get out of my dungeons.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ptolemus View Post
    A heroic geared healer can easily heal indefinately through most boss as long as he only needs to heal 1 target. Dps will get 1 shotted by most bosses so unless you can down 5% in 5 seconds you will still wipe. Also as mentioned above dont repeatedly heal the dps that is in the fire, give him 1 heal for the time to react but then its his fault if he stays 7 seconds too long.

Yeah, noticed that. Doing a guildrun now with 4 great people. Had 80% mana left on the "Don't stay in AOE" bosses.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't blame healers when dps die. DPS death is almost always the DPS's fault, or an unavoidable mechanic that blindsided them/the healer. I've certainly hear DPS blame the healer for their death when they couldn't, for example, dodge the blitz on 1st boss in Grim Batol Heroic. We kick the DPS in that situation, not the healer.

The healer is at fault when they're OOM halfway through a fight where DPS heals weren't necessary.
    The healer is at fault when they dps, because healing isn't needed for a few seconds, and then the tank drops to 0 before they can react because they were goofing off.
    The healer is at fault when the above happens and they OOM because they were lolmoonfirespam and not paying attention.
    The healer is at fault when they take unnecessary damage on the chin THEMSELVES, because they think it's a bright idea to finish that 3 second cast-time spell instead of moving INSTANTLY to dodge blitz, or get out of a fire, etc.
    The healer is at fault when they focus on tank heals instead of healing the guy being carryed around on Throngus's mace.

There are plenty of ways healers can, and do, fail right now. The vast majority of healer fails I've experienced have been not avoiding damage themselves, or not properly managing their own mana. I'm a DPS. I have 101k health unbuffed. I don't care that I got hit for 12.5k by some stray trash mob. Don't heal me. I can eat after combat. Save your mana for when it's needed.

Plenty of things to kick a healer for without placing false blame.

Recount + Death report = win

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifsara View Post
    i tend to find, 9/10 times, its the dps's fault for sucking. if they fight lasts more then 3-4 minutes, most healers go oom.
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifsara View Post
    ive healed heroic where the top dps is the tank at 8k, followed by 3 dps who dont break 5k. i mean WTF, L2p your class and get out of my dungeons.
    I'm so sorry . That's just bad. I honestly would've left the group as soon as I saw their dps, if I were healing that. Since I'm a DPS, I would've kicked each dps one at a time until we had a solid group that could pull their own weight.

I usually go by the philosophy, that one Riptide is enough to keep the DPS and Healer up when they are damaged, unless they are caught in an unavoidable boss mechanic (such as being packed into the pot at Ignis). However, throwing another heal to a melee isn't that bad, since they usually have a harder time dodging attacks.

In case a DPS dies, I either missed a certain Boss mechanic I need to know about, the DPS didn't dodge damage properly or DPS had a really, really, really, really unlucky streak of events.

Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    I don't blame healers when dps die. DPS death is almost always the DPS's fault, or an unavoidable mechanic that blindsided them/the healer. I've certainly hear DPS blame the healer for their death when they couldn't, for example, dodge the blitz on 1st boss in Grim Batol Heroic. We kick the DPS in that situation, not the healer.

The healer is at fault when they're OOM halfway through a fight where DPS heals weren't necessary.
    The healer is at fault when they dps, because healing isn't needed for a few seconds, and then the tank drops to 0 before they can react because they were goofing off.
    The healer is at fault when the above happens and they OOM because they were lolmoonfirespam and not paying attention.
    The healer is at fault when they take unnecessary damage on the chin THEMSELVES, because they think it's a bright idea to finish that 3 second cast-time spell instead of moving INSTANTLY to dodge blitz, or get out of a fire, etc.
    The healer is at fault when they focus on tank heals instead of healing the guy being carryed around on Throngus's mace.

There are plenty of ways healers can, and do, fail right now. The vast majority of healer fails I've experienced have been not avoiding damage themselves, or not properly managing their own mana. I'm a DPS. I have 101k health unbuffed. I don't care that I got hit for 12.5k by some stray trash mob. Don't heal me. I can eat after combat. Save your mana for when it's needed.

Plenty of things to kick a healer for without placing false blame.

Yes, but I do no of the above "failures". As I said, I always try to heal (or dps, or tank) with perfection and do the bosses as well as I can every time. I just think it's more fun that way.

But I've met healers who actually do, but there's lot more "OMG GOTTA FINNISH QUICK /PULL100MOBS n' BLAME HEALER" tanks and "Fire? What?" DPS then bad healers.

I am not fond of the notion that DPS dying is solely their own fault. Admittedly, we can do a fair amount of dying on our own, but when a tank places a boss badly or pulls mobs into a terrible place, that's the tank's fault. If a boss puts a debuff on me and it needs to be removed and the healer doesn't do that and I die, that's the healer's fault. Given how much unavoidable damage there is in heroics (especially for melee, where one missed interrupt means I'm eating 40K damage from a mob's AOE) the notion that my death is always my fault simply isn't true. A lot of the time, I'll freely admit, my death is my fault. But that saying about tanks and healers implies they're NEVER wrong, and that's just so much BS.

If your DPS aren't pushing out 8K ish it's going to hurt. Many enrages are designed to be unhealable but for the tank to fall slowly once their cooldowns expire. This is a DPS test. ON top of this as said before, if DPS sucks, it takes ages. I've started noticing more and more awful DPS. DPS below 5K on a boss are a joke. Below 7K and they're gimping the group. However if you've got someone clearing 10K you might be okay with a gimpy DPS. Sometimes.

The old generalisation worked in wrath but these days the whole game is making healer mana last a fight, which means minimising incoming damage while trying to keep outgoing damage up so the fight doesn't drag from a DPS point of view.

As a healer (who reads numerous blogs/theorycrafting sites to maximize my effectiveness) what irritates me the most is when people tell me how to heal. I.E. when a DPS says "druids should NEVER use nourish. Healing touch has the same cast time and heals for more. If I see you nourish again, I will kick you." Can there really be people out there that STILL do no understand that healers need to conserve mana? And that as a druid healer, if the tank is fighting 3 mobs and holding steady at half health with hots rolling, that if one of those mobs dies his health will slowly increase? The arrogance of people is what upsets me the most, not standing in the fire (although thats a close 2nd)

The new reality.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Also yes, a lot of DPS trying to do heroics really should not be. I've noticed this even in my guild. Its like, the tanks and the healers have all this stress because heroics are substantially harder than they were in Wrath, but the DPS just keep queuing up, doing their 6k DPS without a care in the world.
    This is the problem Im having aswell.
    People who has learned the encounters dont push themselves.

All 5 in the group understands the mechanics, and keeps moving out of the posion/fire/void/goo just like they should... But when tank is number 2 on DPS, and the highest dps has 7k in boss fights... Its just not enough... I dont run OOM anymore. Tank is usually good at keeping aggro... But seriously! Adds keep spawning (Shadow boss in HC HoO) and encounters like that requires people to actually focus on HIGH damage output, not get carried just because they know tactics.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    Because of the new mechanics there are pleanty of reasons for healers to be dpsing on boss fights. Take priests and paladins for example. They both can dps to get "power" for their heals. I know ive melee'd the boss pleanty of times for mana return. So dont just assume a healer DPSing is lolnoob healer.

Quote Originally Posted by stryla View Post
    Because of the new mechanics there are pleanty of reasons for healers to be dpsing on boss fights. Take priests and paladins for example. They both can dps to get "power" for their heals. I know ive melee'd the boss pleanty of times for mana return. So dont just assume a healer DPSing is lolnoob healer.
    joining the conversation.

I got shit when I judged the boss on every judgement cooldown. Even if I healed really good that fight and had plenty of mana after boss died I was an idiot for doing DPS instead of healing. I thought 2k mana / 8sec was good= /

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post

On that fight I pushed out 9k HPS (Usually 8k~ish with some mana over in heroic bosses) because I had to spam heal the DPS since they don't understand "Do not stay in fire!".

And there my friend, is your problem. Let them die when taking to much damage, wipe a bit, and maybe they'll learn. People need to understand that watching that small recount window and getting tunnel vision on action bars isn't how this game is supposed to be played.

Merry X-mas and good luck getting better groups!