Poll: What is in your opinion the best stat prio?

Stat prio Beast Mastery

Hi,

I've been searching on several forums for this, but i keep hearing people saying different things.
    So i thought i'd put a poll up to get a more actual look on things.

So in your opinion, what stats are highest prio and what are lowest?

Remember its for BM only.
    Last edited by wickedbastard; 2010-12-21 at 02:59 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agi > Hit FYI
    Old Gods made me do it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery is crap, Anything before that.

Reforge mastery into hit. Gem/enchant for as much agility as possible.

Thought I already saw a thread about this..

Agi > Hit > Crit > Haste > Mastery

None of the above: Agi > Hit (to cap) > Crit > Haste > Mastery.

SV's stat priority is hard to understand and model. BM's isn't at all.

Deleted
    How ABOUT bm PVP?

I love how people still believe mastery>crit>haste

Just curious, as I've been playing mostly SV and haven't been following BM theory lately: how inferior to haste rating is mastery rating (for BM)?

I ask because I don't think I have the time or resources to put together an entirely new gear set for BM, and my equipment selection and reforging presently favors crit over mastery over haste (for SV). Wondering how much potential DPS I'm losing in BM spec by using my SV gear.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnacee View Post
    Mastery is crap, Anything before that.
    Seriously?

Sorry to say but you're way off.

Reforge your gear to focus on hit>agi>mastery>haste>crit, then run some numbers and I gurantee you'll see a dps increase.

Now, there's a trick to mastery when reforging. Do not reforge into mastery unless you can increase your dmg with by a full %. Anything in between is lost.

Yeah... Mastery is gained in a linear fashion. Every 1 rating increases it. The tooltip is imprecise. People need to stop believing that rubbish, it's getting old. Additionally, Hit is not better than Agility for any Hunter spec and Mastery is worth less than half of what Crit is worth as BM. At least you put Haste in the right spot... everything else in your post was wrong.

Looks guys.

There has been definitive testing in game, on femaledwarf.com, and by Kripp.

Agi > Hit > Crit > Mastery > Haste.

All there is to it.

I think Hit > Agi and Agi > Hit may as well be interchangeable. Agi is the clear dps winner of the two, but a lot of people are putting Hit at the front to indicate that you absolutely want to cap it. Afterward, it drops out of the equation entirely.

That's why it's always noted as 'Hit (to cap)', not just 'Hit' usually. Agi > Hit (to cap) is proper and a DPS gain which is significantly larger than all the squabbling over Crit/Mastery/Haste. There's no reason to change the stat priority since have Hit (to cap) second in the priority puts it over Crit/Haste/Mastery. The priority is important as when Agi is put above Hit it clarifies gem, trinket and enchanting options. If you (incorrectly) rank Hit above Agi then it leads to confusion which is totally unneeded. Reforging is in game which means you'll always be hit capped. If you want a reforging-only priority then it's Hit > Crit > Haste > Mastery, or Hit > Crit > Mastery > Haste depending on your exact Haste.

so why would agi be better to cap if you're still missing?
    Hit (to cap) > Agi

Because it's worth more DPS. If you are not hit capped and have no way to hit cap except to sacrifice Agility it will lower your DPS to do so. If at any point you can trade any stat for Agility, you should. 1 Hit = 1 less miss in 11,000 shots. This means 1 Agi instead of 1 Hit would be affecting 10,999 out of 11,000 shots.

Agility is better than Hit. There is no question about this. The only reason we're all hit capped is because if you trade all the Hit to Agi that you can you still have plenty of Crit, Mastery and Haste leftover on your gear to trade for Hit.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Looks guys.

There has been definitive testing in game, on femaledwarf.com, and by Kripp.

Agi > Hit > Crit > Mastery > Haste.

All there is to it.
    I've been using femaledwarf.com for some time now, and although I usually agree with the info obtained there, this time I disagree.

I say this because I took their suggestions and put them to the test. At which point I saw a significant dps drop.

So....all I can do is..../shrug....

How did you test them? Did you match your test scenario to your settings on FemaleDwarf, or did you just run a test at random and compare? Did you properly represent your buffs/debuffs, the time spent on the fight, the rotation and the time spent at particular points in the fight?

Reforging Mastery > All as SV and then testing on a dummy will also show to be a massive DPS gain. Does that mean we should all do that? Agi > Hit (to cap) > Crit > Master </> Haste has been shown to work in real raid environments. It is not intended to maximize DPS on dummies, or in 5 mans, or any other 'test' scenario. It can be modified to give results for these, but you must properly configure it to do so and those results will not be applicable to raids.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz1287 View Post
    I've been using femaledwarf.com for some time now, and although I usually agree with the info obtained there, this time I disagree.

I say this because I took their suggestions and put them to the test. At which point I saw a significant dps drop.

So....all I can do is..../shrug....
    same. My dps went way way down when doing what they said.