Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty71 View Post
    Well, I can only speak for myself, but no, I wouldn't say if the shoe was reversed that I would say Ally is crying. I am mad about this because personally, I like Alliance better, and my main is Horde side right now on a server where the Ally economy is bad. And Im way over the gold transfer limit, so even if I wanted to I will have to buy material to try and resell to get under the 20k limit. Also, to faction change and get off this server would cost me $55 and again, I like the people and atmosphere on both sides of this server, so Im screwed one way or another.
    then tough it out on horde, pvp will balance itself out... eventually, as for the alliance, you cant fix an economy so your kind of screwed there
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

15+ Year Old Account
    Requires 2 accounts and you take a beating with the neutral AH fee.
    Uh, there haven't been realm faction limitations for months. And months.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
    Uh, there haven't been realm faction limitations for months. And months.
    Uh, yes there is when it comes to the neutral AH and bidding on your own auctions, I just tried it in the last week and you still get the "Can't bid on your own auction" reply. They have not opened up to the free trading of gold between your Ally and Horde characters using the neutral AH, that block is still in place. Don't believe me go try it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you just blame Belfs for the downfall of Horde PvP? Comeon man, you can do better than that!
    Being Horde since start of TBC and throughout the entire WoTLK on Reckoning EU I've always been baffled as to why do allys suck so bad. I mean really bad. Enter WSG, you get 9 Hordes with you, all in fair PvP gear with an odd PvE hero mage or some 2 button crap that blows stuff so fast you don't need resil. Meet Alliance in the middle - the ~20k hp greenies you literally walk through on your way for the flag. Then capping two flags we would just hold the third and camp them till the BG timer runs out. That's how badly we spanked Alliance.

Come Cata, me and my friends changed faction and realm, coz honestly we couldn't be frack'd to wait 30-45m for one BG to pop up. And unless we made a premade group, we would get spanked just as hard coz carrying the whole Alliance BG raid alone was just not happening really.
    Lately I've been hearing other PvPers switching factions just coz they don't like to wait anymore. So, possibly, what we're looking at is the A:H ratio balancing out for the sake of Honor farm and RBGs. I would find that way more likely than your Belf theory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    EDIT: Actually there was one time I remember Horde kicking ass. Way, way back in classic WoW, Shamen (then Horde only) were super strong. Especially windfury procs and their shock spells.
    Yeah, of course we (Horde) felt the same way about paladins. The other faction's class was such an unknown to most people, you couldn't help but feel like they were OP.

Then again, Windfury could multi-proc back then, and that attributed a lot to the perception of being overpowered.

I noticed Alliance dominating BGs now. It used to be the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
    Yeah, of course we (Horde) felt the same way about paladins. The other faction's class was such an unknown to most people, you couldn't help but feel like they were OP.

Then again, Windfury could multi-proc back then, and that attributed a lot to the perception of being overpowered.
    The shock spells sucked, but weren't crazy high damage. It was def. more the windfury procs proccing off themselves & everything else under the sun. I know it's statisticly unlikely, but man, it would seem like every enhancement shaman with the unstoppable force or god forbid sulfurus would take from you 100% to 0 in like no time flat.

Deleted
    My server is the opposite of this, horde dominate the BGs, and we havent had tol barad for 6 days... sigh.

we're all looped in one big battlegroup now? I can't fathom that because I've been getting stomped by horde lately, with a win/lose ratio of I think about 50/50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    we're all looped in one big battlegroup now? I can't fathom that because I've been getting stomped by horde lately, with a win/lose ratio of I think about 50/50.
    How pray tell are you getting stomped with a 50/50 win/loss percentage? That seems pretty even to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    Did you just blame Belfs for the downfall of Horde PvP? Comeon man, you can do better than that!
    Being Horde since start of TBC and throughout the entire WoTLK on Reckoning EU I've always been baffled as to why do allys suck so bad. I mean really bad. Enter WSG, you get 9 Hordes with you, all in fair PvP gear with an odd PvE hero mage or some 2 button crap that blows stuff so fast you don't need resil. Meet Alliance in the middle - the ~20k hp greenies you literally walk through on your way for the flag. Then capping two flags we would just hold the third and camp them till the BG timer runs out. That's how badly we spanked Alliance.

Come Cata, me and my friends changed faction and realm, coz honestly we couldn't be frack'd to wait 30-45m for one BG to pop up. And unless we made a premade group, we would get spanked just as hard coz carrying the whole Alliance BG raid alone was just not happening really.
    Lately I've been hearing other PvPers switching factions just coz they don't like to wait anymore. So, possibly, what we're looking at is the A:H ratio balancing out for the sake of Honor farm and RBGs. I would find that way more likely than your Belf theory
    Ok, so it took a while for someone to catch that, it's just a theory. I know Horde who wanted to be Pally's had no choice up until now, but sometimes stereotypes are created based on true experiences and facts. Im going to be very politically incorrect here by stating that I think most of your "hardcore" men other than those wanting to play Pally's would not role a BE. Again, just opinion but I think most people who roll BE's fit into the category of girls or guys that like pretty guys. I don't think that translates very well into helping a faction PvP. And towards the end of that expansion is when I noticed the shift in PvP beginning. It carried through to LK and now in Cata I think it has run its course, faction change always throws a wrench in any of these theories but hey, its a forum and its here to discuss, whether we agree with each other or not.

Deleted
    what server?

Alliance has one huge advantage right now in battlegrounds as well as in arena. Due to their instant queues for battlegrounds (while Horde has to wait an average of 10-15 minutes) they are able to gear up much faster EVEN if they are losing. Due to this advantage a lot of high end arena players also switched to Alliance to gear up faster and they will crush your average battleground players. This advantage will diminish within the next 1-2 weeks though and we might see some faction changes back to Horde again.

Now, after saying this, I have to say I'm still winning almost any battleground right now. You may call me a special snowflake if you want to but you can also check my statistics (or a screenshot of them if the site is down). Obviously most of these battlegrounds have been played pre-Cata but you can also see a 100% win rate in both Battle of Gilneas and Twin Peaks. Of course 11 battlegrounds (of those 2 new) don't mean much but you'll simply have to take my word that I'm also still winning other battlegrounds.
    Last edited by Ashvael; 2010-12-21 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream View Post
    My server is the opposite of this, horde dominate the BGs, and we havent had tol barad for 6 days... sigh.
    Same here...every bg i get into the horde absolutely faceroll us with no issues and tol barad has yet to change to sides since launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    ....but you can also check my statistics
    Stat pages are still bugged it would seem. I checked my just now and my totals are all messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    what server?
    The Venture Co. for me, and to all who are saying the opposite, what servers are you on, because if I do drop the money for a server or faction change, would like to here from people with experience on the servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so it took a while for someone to catch that, it's just a theory. I know Horde who wanted to be Pally's had no choice up until now, but sometimes stereotypes are created based on true experiences and facts. Im going to be very politically incorrect here by stating that I think most of your "hardcore" men other than those wanting to play Pally's would not role a BE. Again, just opinion but I think most people who roll BE's fit into the category of girls or guys that like pretty guys. I don't think that translates very well into helping a faction PvP. And towards the end of that expansion is when I noticed the shift in PvP beginning. It carried through to LK and now in Cata I think it has run its course, faction change always throws a wrench in any of these theories but hey, its a forum and its here to discuss, whether we agree with each other or not.
    wow, I just noticed you DID blame belves, really? you think that just because someones a belf means that they are a casual and bad player or a girl or "guy that likes pretty guys" did you ever think that maybe some people prefer belves for their lore or maybe they liked the way their animations looked as opposed to an orcs or an undead? food for thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Supercrunchy View Post
    wow, I just noticed you DID blame belves, really? you think that just because someones a belf means that they are a casual and bad player or a girl or "guy that likes pretty guys" did you ever think that maybe some people prefer belves for their lore or maybe they liked the way their animations looked as opposed to an orcs or an undead? food for thought
    I agree, there will be some people who chose them for those very reasons you mentioned, but im talking big picture, and I think the people who chose them for the reasons you stated are probably the minority. Who really likes the way a male BE stands or swings his sword. (That sounds bad, i know) There animations, hair, it's all horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatShammy View Post
    Same here...every bg i get into the horde absolutely faceroll us with no issues and tol barad has yet to change to sides since launch.
    Rexxar-US?

Ally hasn't had Tol Barad once, we had 11 ELEVEN people ally side with over a 2200 arena rating, and about 3 of them still play ally side.

To be honest, OP, I would love to jump on that Ally Domination Train. I never win BGs, I have never seen the dailies in Tol Barad, I have yet to win a Battle for Gilneas or Twin Peaks.

before cataclysm Shattered-hand us was a good horde server, now the horde went from 2 times bigger to 3 times bigger than alliance and the batch of new sucks.
    I SEE A LOTS of horde ebay'd account. lv 80s sincerely asking noob question on trade.