Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    This guide is quite dumb and seems like you haven't even attempted what you wrote.

    Bloodsail - Faldir's Cove in Arathi Highlands is the easiest place to do this. Nobody wants to make a full raid to farm Booty Bay for hours.

    Ravenholdt - Stormgarde Keep til 11999. For Junkboxes go to the huge groups of mobs in Burning Steppes. If you're in a level 12 guild you only need around 1285 junkboxes.

    Darkmoon Faire - Auction House, farm rogue decks, or pay to turn in people's decks.

    Goblins - Cloth turnins in this order: Everlook, Ratchet, Booty Bay, Gadgetzan. Reason: No mobs to farm Everlook and Ratchet island sucks. After this go farm the pirates near Caverns of Time until 11,999 with Gadget, then switch to the two ships near Booty Bay and kill the named NPCs until 11,999. Then do all the quests you can find that give rep. Then go back to farming pirates until exalted. This is the fastest way to do Steamwheedle post-cata.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by lladd View Post
    well, i just tested this in booty bay.
    current standings are :- booty bay rep 10k/21k revered, bloodsail buccaneers 8k/36k hated.
    i could select at war with booty bay, but the target circle remains green and i could not get the sword icon to initiate an attack. however, a quick fan of knives near a guard and they attacked me, i couldnt fight back tho as the target was still green. upon death i did get the rep msg: rep w/ bloodsail increased by 28, rep with booty bay decreased by 125 and all other cartel by 62
    so it would seem that i can still generate the rep change but would incur a lot of deaths to do so.

    since im revered with the cartel and hated with the buccaneers im undecided as to how i should go forward.
    any suggestions as to the best tactic would be appreciated.

    should i proceed forward and get exalted with the cartel, this would net me the 50 reps achieve, or should i go back and begin a long grind to get the buccaneers up to honoured and sacrifice my standing with the cartel in order to complete the insane title?
    OFC go for exalted with goblins and then switch to honored with pirates.why?
    CAUSE NO YOU DONT NEED EXALTED WITH GOBLINS AND HONORED WITH BLOODSAIL ON SAME TIME.

  3. #23
    Mechagnome Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Grim Batol
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Darkmoon Faire - Auction House, farm rogue decks, or pay to turn in people's decks.
    Addition
    Create a Inscription ALT with a nice and big guild bank
    Use it to make your own cards/decks
    Check AH every hour for Hunter's Ink, Dawnstar Ink (Used auction addons to buy for 1-2g each)
    Check AH every hour for Mageroyal, Bruiseweed, Briarthorn, Swiftthisle, Stranglekelp (Used Auction addon's and bought at 50silver each)
    Check AH every hour for Wild steelbloom, Gravemoss, Kingsblood, Liferoot (Used Auction addon's and bought at 50silver each)
    Hire Herb farmers
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2011-03-09 at 02:37 PM.

  4. #24
    Why do people insist on getting Bloodsail rep BEFORE Goblin rep? If you already have honored or better with Steamwheedle Cartel factions do NOT get bloodsail first. I repeat DO NOT. There have been multiple blue posts confirming that you DO NOT need to have both Bloodsail and Goblin rep at the same time to get these achievements.

    I'm personally sitting well into revered with all Goblin factions. No way in hell am I going to go through all that again and get bloodsail first. Not worth it. DON'T DO IT.

    Also OP, you can't get Junkboxes without a rogue. It's not possible. They are only obtained through pick pocketing. You can pay a rogue to do it for you or whatever, but regardless you still need a rogue to do it.
    Last edited by Fendris Malarky; 2011-03-12 at 07:36 PM.

  5. #25
    Doing the darkmoon faire the fully manual way. Farming whiptail, making at least 5 cards a day. Rep and major profit. Insane in the membrane? more like Insane in the bank balance

  6. #26
    Field Marshal Unsafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manchester, United Kingdom
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Addition
    Create a Inscription ALT with a nice and big guild bank
    Use it to make your own cards/decks
    Check AH every hour for Hunter's Ink, Dawnstar Ink (Used auction addons to buy for 1-2g each)
    Check AH every hour for Mageroyal, Bruiseweed, Briarthorn, Swiftthisle, Stranglekelp (Used Auction addon's and bought at 50silver each)
    Check AH every hour for Wild steelbloom, Gravemoss, Kingsblood, Liferoot (Used Auction addon's and bought at 50silver each)
    Hire Herb farmers
    How many herbs do you need to make a Cataclysm epic deck?

  7. #27
    To make a Cata deck you need 10 Inferno's Ink (or 100 Blackfallow Ink) + 30 Volatile Life.

    I liked the guide, I don't think it was "dumb" however I would add to the Faldir's Cove suggestion.

    You don't need Bloodsail to still be at Honored; however, I'm doing it that way to keep my Bloodsail rep that I worked so hard to get; also, I think that it should require it at the same time (to be truly worthy of "The Insane").

    The Cata decks can make good money; however, it will be a while before you can do 1,000 decks, and if you flood the market with so many Darkmoon Cards there is a high chance you will lower the price; therefore, I would stick to a mix of Cata decks (for money) as well as old decks.

    [edit]

    From data, assuming that Cinderbloom, Heartblossom, Stormvine, and Azshara's Veil are "low" and Whiptail and Twilight Jasmine are "high" you will need on average 10 stacks of low herbs or 6.25 stacks of high herbs for the required inks. On average it will take around 90 gatherings of herbs for the required amount of volatile life.
    Last edited by Inactivity; 2011-03-19 at 10:00 PM.

  8. #28
    I would like to add an alternate way to get the Darkmoon rep since Cataclysm. I dont know however if I am allowed to submit this here, so please if not... I will be more than happy to submit this elsewhere. This method however is a goldmine, and makes the DMF grind 10X easier than its ever been, and dare I say.... profitable and enjoyable! Without further adieu I present - Revains Guide to Insane: DMF edition.

    Please forgive me for grammar errors and typos, its kinda early for me, and I will try to proofread this. Also much of my data in terms of math is presented in a combination of wowhead records and personal experience (in which i did take the time to document my progress). As anyone who seriously pursues The Insane SHOULD do, take the time to study the best method.

    First off, I would like to present the basic math (as loose as it is). Lets discuss how you need to first approach DMF; Disclaimer: This guide approaches DMF as if you were making the cards yourself. This does not account for minor decks (25 rep), or buying DMF turn-ins.

    Cata decks require: Inferno Ink + Volatile life + heavy competition
    Northerend decks require: Snowfall ink + eternal life
    TBC decks require: Darkflame ink + primal life
    Vanilla decks require: Ink of the sky + NO SECOND INGREDIENT

    If you just begin approaching this rep and making the cards from that point of view, you can see the biggest difference is that Vanilla decks require no unique second ingedient. Lets review the breakdown chances of each of the herbs involved in making the pigments.

    The following data is taken from wowhead. It goes in order of Herb/Zone/Chance to mill into rare pigment

    Cata Decks/Herbs
    Note: This is where I have spent very little time trying to produce. While it is the most profitable, it is also the most time consuming if for nothing else the sheer competition. The one big boon this method has is the amount of people who will trade cards.

    Twilight Jasmine - Twilight Highlands - 50%
    Whiptail - common cata - 50%
    Azshara's Veil - lolcommon - 25%
    Cinderbloom - common - 25%
    Heartblossom - common - 25%
    Stormvine - common - 25%

    Northerend Decks
    Note: prior to Cataclysm, this is what I farmed. Sholazar was great for Adder's Tounge, but also for the herbs with a very low breakdown (25%). It made the ratio of time spent farming to results of rare pigments on a rough scale of a 15%-20% return. Thats not terrible.

    Adders Tounge - Sholazar - 50%
    Icethorn - Stormpeaks/Icecrown/Wintersgrasp - 50%
    Lichbloom - Stormpeaks/Icecrown/Wintersgrasp - 50%
    Deadnettle - Sholazar/Common - 25%
    Golclover - Common/Sholazar - 25%
    Talandra's Rose - Zuldrak/Common - 25%
    Tiger Lily - Sholazar/Common - 25%

    Burning Crusade Decks
    Note: I spent some time trying to farm TBC decks, even with no competition the ratio of time spent farming to results was so off, I found this type of deck to be the worst to focus on farming.

    Nightmare Vine - SMV - 53%
    Netherbloom - Netherstorm - 51%
    Ancient Lichen - Dungeons primarily - 49%
    Mana Thistle - Common - 48%
    Dreaming Glory - semi-common - 25%
    Felweed - very common - 25%
    Ragviel - Zangar - 25%
    Terocone - Terokar/Common - 25%

    Vanilla Decks
    Note: This is how I finished the Insane. I ended up grinding somewhere in the ballpark of 30k rep in a little over 2 months. There are also to additional perks to this method that I will discuss later. Besides this, it is also a great way to avoid spending money, or large amounts of money. The return on this method is also huge. I will discuss that as well after I list the breakdown.

    Icecap - Winterspring - 50%
    Mountainsilversage - Largely found in Winterspring/Medium amounts Ungoro - 50%
    Sorrowmoss - Swamps of Sorrows - 50%
    Dreamfoil - HFP/Ungoro - 25%
    Golden Sansam - Swamps of Sorrows - 25%

    So besides not needing a second unique ingedient (primal/volatile/eternal life), we also see our %'s of breakdown on the herbs is far better on Vanilla deck farming, just due to the zones farmed in alone.

    Winterspring - 1 pass along the walls of the zone = 25-35 mins. Yield is 7-9 stacks of Mountain Silversage and 4-6 stacks of Icecap. If you just stay on the walls, the yield is a ton higher if you farm the entirety of the zone. An entire sweep of of Winterspring can take 30-45 mins with a yield of 9-11 stacks of Mountain Silversage and 8-13 stacks of Icecap. The average's of the breakdown SHOULD be around a 50% yield of rare inks (I found it to be closer to 30%-41% return which is still amazing).

    Swamps of Sorrows - 1 pass along the walls will yield roughly 9-11 stacks of each Sorrowmoss and Golden Sansam, for roughly 25-40 mins a pass. The yield on this zones herbs SHOULD be around 37.5%, I found it to be closer to 20%-27%. This is a fairly big difference between Winterspring.

    Both zones are usually void of other people farming, and even when their are the respawns are so quick it doesnt really matter.

    Now there is a second beneficial point to using the Vanilla deck method. And it comes from the common product Shimmering Ink. I was able to sell nearly 7k of these inks in bulk, and I still have another 3k in the bank. I was able to sell them for roughly 3g a unit. Thats 60g a stack!!! Why do people buy these you ask? The guild achievment for 25,000 glyphs. Yes thats right, there are guilds who buy this crap up to get that achievment. And at a price of 3g a unit, ya cant blame them.

    Some other quick backround about my experience with Insane, and some data from what I recorded. First off, when I picked up Insane it was July of 2010. By September of 2010 I had completed Bloodsail, The Cartel, and Ravenholdt. I did have all of the materials for Shendralar farmed up as well, and the day I was set to turn it all in.... Blizzard announced Shendralar was going away. I realised the gold mine I had sitting in my bank, and went off a hunch that they wouldnt screw over the Insane achievment, and even if they did... I just became 150k gold richer.... I could live with that. When I fully came to a halt of doing Insane in October of 2010, I did so for Herald of the Titans. I sold off my entire card stock as well, figuring that if I wanted to begin again later I could. By January 20th I resumed my Insane endeavors, and realised the gold mine that Winterspring or Vanilla DMF farming was. So the point is, when I re-began Insane in mid January I had zero cards.

    I turned in my final deck April 3rd at midnight. That is a little over 2 months with around 30k rep to turn in using this method.

    I hope this helps on what I feel is a far more efficient way to farm the DMF rep now that Cataclysm has come. That is if ya dont mind living in Winterspring for a few months

    Good luck Insaners!

  9. #29
    I stuck to this for like a day and got bored

  10. #30
    Nice tutorial dude! Will come in useful for my mage!

  11. #31
    Field Marshal m3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur View Post
    You can go hated>neutral with different cloth types + cheap vendor mats. After that you have to grind pirates and other tards for few weeks or months.
    LAL, well atleast dont listen to this guy since the second you start with cloth turn ins you loose bloodsail rep.
    Well if the steamwheedle rep havent changed from wotlk you probably gotta do the same as i did it, it took me 5 days grinding 17-18 hours/day to hit exalted with steamwheedle grinding pirates.
    Beleve me its boring stuff and damn the feeling i had in my hands from spamming tab + ice lance

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 08:25 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Revale View Post
    I would like to add an alternate way to get the Darkmoon rep since Cataclysm. I dont know however if I am allowed to submit this here, so please if not... I will be more than happy to submit this elsewhere. This method however is a goldmine, and makes the DMF grind 10X easier than its ever been, and dare I say.... profitable and enjoyable! Without further adieu I present - Revains Guide to Insane: DMF edition.

    Please forgive me for grammar errors and typos, its kinda early for me, and I will try to proofread this. Also much of my data in terms of math is presented in a combination of wowhead records and personal experience (in which i did take the time to document my progress). As anyone who seriously pursues The Insane SHOULD do, take the time to study the best method.

    First off, I would like to present the basic math (as loose as it is). Lets discuss how you need to first approach DMF; Disclaimer: This guide approaches DMF as if you were making the cards yourself. This does not account for minor decks (25 rep), or buying DMF turn-ins.

    Cata decks require: Inferno Ink + Volatile life + heavy competition
    Northerend decks require: Snowfall ink + eternal life
    TBC decks require: Darkflame ink + primal life
    Vanilla decks require: Ink of the sky + NO SECOND INGREDIENT

    If you just begin approaching this rep and making the cards from that point of view, you can see the biggest difference is that Vanilla decks require no unique second ingedient. Lets review the breakdown chances of each of the herbs involved in making the pigments.

    The following data is taken from wowhead. It goes in order of Herb/Zone/Chance to mill into rare pigment

    Cata Decks/Herbs
    Note: This is where I have spent very little time trying to produce. While it is the most profitable, it is also the most time consuming if for nothing else the sheer competition. The one big boon this method has is the amount of people who will trade cards.

    Twilight Jasmine - Twilight Highlands - 50%
    Whiptail - common cata - 50%
    Azshara's Veil - lolcommon - 25%
    Cinderbloom - common - 25%
    Heartblossom - common - 25%
    Stormvine - common - 25%

    Northerend Decks
    Note: prior to Cataclysm, this is what I farmed. Sholazar was great for Adder's Tounge, but also for the herbs with a very low breakdown (25%). It made the ratio of time spent farming to results of rare pigments on a rough scale of a 15%-20% return. Thats not terrible.

    Adders Tounge - Sholazar - 50%
    Icethorn - Stormpeaks/Icecrown/Wintersgrasp - 50%
    Lichbloom - Stormpeaks/Icecrown/Wintersgrasp - 50%
    Deadnettle - Sholazar/Common - 25%
    Golclover - Common/Sholazar - 25%
    Talandra's Rose - Zuldrak/Common - 25%
    Tiger Lily - Sholazar/Common - 25%

    Burning Crusade Decks
    Note: I spent some time trying to farm TBC decks, even with no competition the ratio of time spent farming to results was so off, I found this type of deck to be the worst to focus on farming.

    Nightmare Vine - SMV - 53%
    Netherbloom - Netherstorm - 51%
    Ancient Lichen - Dungeons primarily - 49%
    Mana Thistle - Common - 48%
    Dreaming Glory - semi-common - 25%
    Felweed - very common - 25%
    Ragviel - Zangar - 25%
    Terocone - Terokar/Common - 25%

    Vanilla Decks
    Note: This is how I finished the Insane. I ended up grinding somewhere in the ballpark of 30k rep in a little over 2 months. There are also to additional perks to this method that I will discuss later. Besides this, it is also a great way to avoid spending money, or large amounts of money. The return on this method is also huge. I will discuss that as well after I list the breakdown.

    Icecap - Winterspring - 50%
    Mountainsilversage - Largely found in Winterspring/Medium amounts Ungoro - 50%
    Sorrowmoss - Swamps of Sorrows - 50%
    Dreamfoil - HFP/Ungoro - 25%
    Golden Sansam - Swamps of Sorrows - 25%

    So besides not needing a second unique ingedient (primal/volatile/eternal life), we also see our %'s of breakdown on the herbs is far better on Vanilla deck farming, just due to the zones farmed in alone.

    Winterspring - 1 pass along the walls of the zone = 25-35 mins. Yield is 7-9 stacks of Mountain Silversage and 4-6 stacks of Icecap. If you just stay on the walls, the yield is a ton higher if you farm the entirety of the zone. An entire sweep of of Winterspring can take 30-45 mins with a yield of 9-11 stacks of Mountain Silversage and 8-13 stacks of Icecap. The average's of the breakdown SHOULD be around a 50% yield of rare inks (I found it to be closer to 30%-41% return which is still amazing).

    Swamps of Sorrows - 1 pass along the walls will yield roughly 9-11 stacks of each Sorrowmoss and Golden Sansam, for roughly 25-40 mins a pass. The yield on this zones herbs SHOULD be around 37.5%, I found it to be closer to 20%-27%. This is a fairly big difference between Winterspring.

    Both zones are usually void of other people farming, and even when their are the respawns are so quick it doesnt really matter.

    Now there is a second beneficial point to using the Vanilla deck method. And it comes from the common product Shimmering Ink. I was able to sell nearly 7k of these inks in bulk, and I still have another 3k in the bank. I was able to sell them for roughly 3g a unit. Thats 60g a stack!!! Why do people buy these you ask? The guild achievment for 25,000 glyphs. Yes thats right, there are guilds who buy this crap up to get that achievment. And at a price of 3g a unit, ya cant blame them.

    Some other quick backround about my experience with Insane, and some data from what I recorded. First off, when I picked up Insane it was July of 2010. By September of 2010 I had completed Bloodsail, The Cartel, and Ravenholdt. I did have all of the materials for Shendralar farmed up as well, and the day I was set to turn it all in.... Blizzard announced Shendralar was going away. I realised the gold mine I had sitting in my bank, and went off a hunch that they wouldnt screw over the Insane achievment, and even if they did... I just became 150k gold richer.... I could live with that. When I fully came to a halt of doing Insane in October of 2010, I did so for Herald of the Titans. I sold off my entire card stock as well, figuring that if I wanted to begin again later I could. By January 20th I resumed my Insane endeavors, and realised the gold mine that Winterspring or Vanilla DMF farming was. So the point is, when I re-began Insane in mid January I had zero cards.

    I turned in my final deck April 3rd at midnight. That is a little over 2 months with around 30k rep to turn in using this method.

    I hope this helps on what I feel is a far more efficient way to farm the DMF rep now that Cataclysm has come. That is if ya dont mind living in Winterspring for a few months

    Good luck Insaners!
    Pff you dont deserve the title the insane, actually no one that got it after cata hitted does, shen dralar was the only really hard part of the feat so i wish they had made the title impossible to get after they removed it, anoying stuff great titles like hands of a`dal and champion of the naaru gets removed just after wrath hitted to make them special why the hell couldnt they do the same for the insane and make a new feat for cata or as i tried to suggest to them to replace shen dralar then with hydraxian waterlords

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire Priestamgpwn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by m3x View Post
    LAL, well atleast dont listen to this guy since the second you start with cloth turn ins you loose bloodsail rep.
    Well if the steamwheedle rep havent changed from wotlk you probably gotta do the same as i did it, it took me 5 days grinding 17-18 hours/day to hit exalted with steamwheedle grinding pirates.
    Beleve me its boring stuff and damn the feeling i had in my hands from spamming tab + ice lance

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 08:25 AM ----------



    Pff you dont deserve the title the insane, actually no one that got it after cata hitted does, shen dralar was the only really hard part of the feat so i wish they had made the title impossible to get after they removed it, anoying stuff great titles like hands of a`dal and champion of the naaru gets removed just after wrath hitted to make them special why the hell couldnt they do the same for the insane and make a new feat for cata or as i tried to suggest to them to replace shen dralar then with hydraxian waterlords
    So if i do Insane post shattering and shen dralar rep will i still be considered as a scrub that got it in Cata?
    ....


    B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

  13. #33
    Pff you dont deserve the title the insane, actually no one that got it after cata hitted does, shen dralar was the only really hard part of the feat so i wish they had made the title impossible to get after they removed it, anoying stuff great titles like hands of a`dal and champion of the naaru gets removed just after wrath hitted to make them special why the hell couldnt they do the same for the insane and make a new feat for cata or as i tried to suggest to them to replace shen dralar then with hydraxian waterlords
    Wrong wrong wrong. Regardless of when ya worked on Insane (such as me finishing the hard ones prior to cata), or after Cata hit.... ya deserve it. Yeh sure many people did lots of work when it was "considered hard". But if you think for a second Insane is "easy" now your out of your mind. If not for all the help I had from friends Id still be working on it too. Dont know what your bitter about brah, but lol@u. Oh and dont tell me "BACK IN MY DAY DMF AND WRATH WAS HARD".... I flew circles in sholazar for hours... it sucked but it wasnt hard.

    Oh and I am already exalted with Hydraxian brah... so like I can haz Insane now n stuff?

    To anyone still thinking about doing Insane even if ya never started it prior to Cata, its still a pretty big undertaking, and is still quite a bit of fun. Get people involved or do it solo, regardless enjoy the ride. And definatly check out doing DMF the way I presented above, it really does help speed up that faction.

  14. #34
    nice guide m8, gonna start farm that bloody title

  15. #35
    Servers are dead. nobody plays, who are you trying to impress?

  16. #36
    all i can say is thanks too cata my rogue is alot poorer now

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    Servers are dead. nobody plays, who are you trying to impress?
    main motivation to do an achievement doesnt have to be to impress people on a game ya know, you can just do it for yourself, some people enjoy the challenge etc

    Awesome sig made by Inferìus
    Armory, www.quantumeu.com

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by m3x View Post
    LAL, well atleast dont listen to this guy since the second you start with cloth turn ins you loose bloodsail rep.
    Well if the steamwheedle rep havent changed from wotlk you probably gotta do the same as i did it, it took me 5 days grinding 17-18 hours/day to hit exalted with steamwheedle grinding pirates.
    Beleve me its boring stuff and damn the feeling i had in my hands from spamming tab + ice lance[COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 08:25 AM ----------
    SHENDRALAR WASN*T HARD when is people going to get that?! seriously if you had gold you could get it by 2 hours so stop complaning it's alot farming now because they made it harder so on, so stop q_q because you had less farming time and that you had more gold to spend

  19. #39
    so finished my goblins today, went to do bloodsail admiral (yy i know thats like the backwards way of doing it), and these bruisers running around with 500k hp or so and hitting for 60k- slightly annoying just means u'll have to get a proper group for it =(

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 01:33 PM ----------

    oh and quick tip, You still get all 4 reps of goblins now at tanaris, even after revered. changed sometime in the past 2 months or something, instead of not getting gadgetzan rep there after revered. so its a prety good idea to go there now while it lasts ;p

    Awesome sig made by Inferìus
    Armory, www.quantumeu.com

  20. #40
    Mechagnome ZaneBusby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Writ View Post
    SHENDRALAR WASN*T HARD when is people going to get that?! seriously if you had gold you could get it by 2 hours so stop complaning it's alot farming now because they made it harder so on, so stop q_q because you had less farming time and that you had more gold to spend
    Get it in 2 hours? No. Just no. No matter how much gold you had, you couldn't buy the 84 BoP items you needed.

    Sure you could buy all 84 pristine black diamonds (in fact, you really had to, considering they were only a 0.1% drop rate off most level 60ish vanilla mobs). But it would take way longer than 2 hours to do that, due to the fact there were never 84 pristine black diamonds lying around on the AH. Maybe 4 or 5 at a time. And half of them were extremely overpriced, with people trying to sell them for 1000g each. (I payed no more than 250g per).

    And sure you could buy all the librams, but again there were usually no more than 4-5 on the AH, and half of them were extremely overpriced. You really had to spend masses of time just buying all the BoE stuff from the AH. way more than 2 hours.

    Getting all the Large Brilliant Shards weren't a problem though.

    However, farming all the Frayed Abomination Stitching, Skin of Shadow, and Blood of Heroes, took hours. At least 30. I did something like 20 odd laps of Eastern Plaguelands and Western Plaguelands, just to get the Blood of Heroes. And that was with "Gatherer", and "Gatherer DB courtesy of Wowhead" which put markers all over my minimap, map, and overlay to show all the possible spawn points. If you didn't have both those addons (and a lot of people didn't), it could have taken you upwards of 80 laps to find all the Blood of Heroes you needed, due to needing 2 Blood of Heroes per Libram of Rapidity. This takes way more than 2 hours.

    Then to get the Frayed Abomination Stitching, you would get, on average, 2 per run of stratholme. It was impossible to run sratholme more than 5 times in an hour, due to the maximum amount of instances you can enter per hour. Luckily that one was slightly easier, making about 10 stitchings per hour, and only needing 1 per Libram of Protection. That still takes way more than 2 hours.

    Then to get all the Skin of Shadow, you'd have to run Scholomance over and over. Killing a few certain mobs in hopes they drop a Skin, which if I remember correctly was a 10% drop rate. I used to get about 2 per run on average. Again, looking at the maximum instances per hour, due to needing 2 Skins per Libram of Focus, and only being able to make 10 an hour, it would take way more than 2 hours.

    So when you add up every little portion of it, you're looking at about 40 hours of farming time. 2 hours and a lot of gold? I think you need to get your facts checked before you go spewing shit all over the forums.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2011-05-31 at 03:38 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •