Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How to get "Insane Achievement" guide ( including Cata changes )

Hey guys i`l help to all of u who like achis and nice titles !!! there we go ....

Requirements:

Bloodsail Buccaneer's rep - Honored
    Booty Bay rep - Exalted
    Everlook rep - Exalted
    Ratchet rep - Exalted
    Gadgetzan rep - Exalted
    Ravenholdt rep - Exalted
    Darkmoon Faire rep - Exalted

HowTo:

BLOODSAIL
    Start with the Bloodsail Buccaneer Rep. You gain reputation with them by killing Booty Bay Bruisers and other NPCs affiliated with Booty Bay. It's one of the shortest grinds in the achievement. It took about 4-5 hours to do. It's really easy if you have a tank and a healer grouped together, although now with the Bruisers being level 85 in some areas you may want to be careful as to where/when you start to level your Bloodsail Rep.

Once you hit honored and before you start working on the Goblin reputation, don't forget to get the quest for the "Avast Ye, Admiral!" Feat of Strengh (it is not needed for the Insane achievement, but it is still worth doing because of the title).

Time: 4-6 hours by hand, but you may need to wait til 85

Gadgetzan
    Once you complete your Bloodsail Grind you want to move over to Gadgetzan. How you get over there is entirely up to you, but be wary, as the flight path has changed and is now located inside of Gadget, expect to die a few times getting out, it would probably be best to just un-equip all your gear until you get away from Gadget. Once your out go around the mountains that lead to the Caverns of time and you'll see on the back side of the mountain that there are Pirates. Once you hit 11,999/12,000 Honored with them head over to Ratchet.
    Time: Approx 2-4 days for this half

Ratchet
    Once you're at max Honored with Gadgetzan, it's time to move over to Ratchet. You may or may not be able to fly into their, depending on how many extra mobs you killed and if you are still Hostile with them. Ideally you won't be, and you've completed almost 1/2 of the grind so far! Once you're at ratchet. Once you hit 11,999/12,000 with ratchet, head back down over to Gadgetzan and finish off your Everlook/Booty Bay rep. By the time you're down you'll have killed a minimum of 33,600 pirates. This is the LONGEST part of the grind.

Time: approx 4-5 days of

Darkmoon Faire

The best way to do Darkmoon Faire is to simply have an alt toon that is an Engineer/Inscriptionist that can make Thorium Widgets, and Mysterious Tarot cards. To start with you need to have your alt/friend/auction house get you 120 thorium widgets. Which totals 360 thorium bars and 120 runecloth. Once you do all those turn ins you will be almost all the way through Friendly with the Faire.

After you turn in all the widgets you need to start getting a metric crap ton of Mageroyal to mill. You need to create 1600 inscription low level decks or 114 Epic Decks (Darkmoon Card of the North or other 60+ epic decks). Which ones you turn in varies as to the access that you have to an Inscriptionist and how lucky you are in getting the cards you need. If you go with the lower level decks you'll need a minimum for 14400 Verdant Pigments, 28800 Dusky Pigments, 14400 Light Parchments, which translates into 4800 stacks of Mageroyal, at least.

If you do the Darkmoon Card of the North decks you will need 5520 snowfall inks minimum, 920 Resilient Parchments and 920 Eternal Lives. This can be significantly less items, but you have a much lower chance of getting all the cards you need. I suggest using this method though, if you have the access to the high level inscriptionist

Now i know milling sucks, all you have to do is create a macro that goes:

/cast Milling
    /use *herb
    /use *herb
    /use *herb
    /use *herb
    /use *herb

and just replace it with whatever herbs you want to mill

Time: Dependent on Which Method and Inscriptionist Availability

Ravenholdt
    You start at neutral with these fellows and can only grind mobs up til 11,999/12,000 Honored with them. This translates into 4800 kills

After getting 11,999 (Honored) reputation you need to farm 1,400 Heavy Junkboxes (1,466 for fully Exalted). You need to turn in 5 Heavy Junkboxes, each time for 75 reputation. I suggest you get a Rogue level 70-80 for this. Mobs are not too strong but sometimes your Rogue needs to kill more than 1 mob at the time.

The reason you need a Rogue for this is because, the easiest way to get the Junkboxes is by pickpocketing mobs

P.S. Soon i`l update this with more info and some pics because atm i can`t post links/pics because i dont have more posts on forum !!! GL & HF

10+ Year Old Account
    Im exalted with Bloodsail, and hated with all the goblins will that effect my grind?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can go hated>neutral with different cloth types + cheap vendor mats. After that you have to grind pirates and other tards for few weeks or months.
    "Only bad thing about internet quotes is that you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if I don't want to lose my Bloodsail rep?

Deleted
    Is it still possible then??? I thought Blizzard said it would become impossible after Cataclysm's release?

i just need ravenholdt... gonna start farming that again...

neeed to level a roguer to level 60 first tho

Deleted
    I've always wondered if losing Bloodsail rep after getting them honored untick the Bloodsail- bit of the achievement or does it matter anymore? I started doing this achievement on my old main but gave up at some point, I wanted to farm goblin rep the easy way (as in cloth turnins) but I was worried that losing Bloodsail rep would ultimately lose the achievement.

Deleted
    Sunjalo said: Once you're at max Honored with Gadgetzan, it's time to move over to Ratchet. You may or may not be able to fly into their, depending on how many extra mobs you killed and if you are still Hostile with them. Ideally you won't be, and you've completed almost 1/2 of the grind so far! Once you're at ratchet. Once you hit 11,999/12,000 with ratchet, head back down over to Gadgetzan

Exactly where at Ratchet do you go to grind?

and at Meeria: you need to keep your Bloodsail rep at Honored to get the insane title. I dont think you can lose your admiral title, since that title is from the quest you get after friendly with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halvlitern View Post
    Sunjalo said: Once you're at max Honored with Gadgetzan, it's time to move over to Ratchet. You may or may not be able to fly into their, depending on how many extra mobs you killed and if you are still Hostile with them. Ideally you won't be, and you've completed almost 1/2 of the grind so far! Once you're at ratchet. Once you hit 11,999/12,000 with ratchet, head back down over to Gadgetzan

Exactly where at Ratchet do you go to grind?

and at Meeria: you need to keep your Bloodsail rep at Honored to get the insane title. I dont think you can lose your admiral title, since that title is from the quest you get after friendly with them.
    I think you dont need to keep honored it has been confirmed by many GM's that you dont need to have both steamwheel cartel rep and Bloodsail rep at the same time.

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ratchet have pirate on the small island south east.
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestamgpwn View Post
    I think you dont need to keep honored it has been confirmed by many GM's that you dont need to have both steamwheel cartel rep and Bloodsail rep at the same time.
    yep, mine is still done even if im not honored with Bloodsail.

For people who had to have both at the right status was a confirmed bug a year ago and fixed a few weeks later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also useful for tracking achievement:

Track:
    /script AddTrackedAchievement(2336)

Remove:
    /script RemoveTrackedAchievement(2336)

Just like normal achievement tracking and/or quest objectives at the right side of your screen it will show and when you reach the required status with a rep it will disappear and only show the ones that you still need.

Deleted
    Tip: First do the repeatables till youre neutral with one faction, then do ALL quests for that faction, and go to the next one. Because every quest give rep with the faction, but also with the other three Steamweedle Cartel factions, it goes quiker doing one at a time (And its cheaper).

So to make it easy: Do ALL quests before doing boring killgrinds.

Deleted
    quick question, you suggest doing bloodsail first, why is this?
    i ask because i am almost exalted with the steamwheedle cartel just through questing. is it a necessity to have honoured with bloodsail before exalted with the cartel, or purely because its the easiest/fastest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lladd View Post
    quick question, you suggest doing bloodsail first, why is this?
    i ask because i am almost exalted with the steamwheedle cartel just through questing. is it a necessity to have honoured with bloodsail before exalted with the cartel, or purely because its the easiest/fastest?
    It's necessary because once you're above honored with a faction I believe it's impossible to put yourself 'At War' with them, so if you're over honored with Booty Bay, it'll be impossible to kill the bruisers, and thus impossible to gain reputation with the Bloodsail Buccaneers.

Deleted
    well, i just tested this in booty bay.
    current standings are :- booty bay rep 10k/21k revered, bloodsail buccaneers 8k/36k hated.
    i could select at war with booty bay, but the target circle remains green and i could not get the sword icon to initiate an attack. however, a quick fan of knives near a guard and they attacked me, i couldnt fight back tho as the target was still green. upon death i did get the rep msg: rep w/ bloodsail increased by 28, rep with booty bay decreased by 125 and all other cartel by 62
    so it would seem that i can still generate the rep change but would incur a lot of deaths to do so.

since im revered with the cartel and hated with the buccaneers im undecided as to how i should go forward.
    any suggestions as to the best tactic would be appreciated.

should i proceed forward and get exalted with the cartel, this would net me the 50 reps achieve, or should i go back and begin a long grind to get the buccaneers up to honoured and sacrifice my standing with the cartel in order to complete the insane title?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to say you are very close to Getting the Cartel to exalted and your 50 reps achi, but this is one of those times you have to make a hard decision.

1. Offer Cartel up get Bloodsail do the whole Cartel grind again
    2. Get Cartel up Exalted get your 50 rep achievement
    3. Get Cartel up Exalted get your 50 rep Achievement and just offer Cartel for the sake of your Insane titel achievement.

Personally I'd go for option 3 because I never come in Ratchet Gadgetzan Everlook and Booty Bay but I did research before I got the insane title and first did the Buccaneers.

Tough spot tough decisions.

Note: Bug that was frikkin make you have all the requirements at the same time is fixed (Blizzard stating) so you don't have to worry about that just take the macro I posted earlier to keep track of your progress.

Deleted
    Can I continue the cloth turn-ins after I'm honored/revered with the Cartel?

Also, how do I get past revered with them?
    Last edited by mmoc1026ef666a; 2011-02-25 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lladd View Post
    well, i just tested this in booty bay.
    current standings are :- booty bay rep 10k/21k revered, bloodsail buccaneers 8k/36k hated.
    i could select at war with booty bay, but the target circle remains green and i could not get the sword icon to initiate an attack. however, a quick fan of knives near a guard and they attacked me, i couldnt fight back tho as the target was still green. upon death i did get the rep msg: rep w/ bloodsail increased by 28, rep with booty bay decreased by 125 and all other cartel by 62
    so it would seem that i can still generate the rep change but would incur a lot of deaths to do so.
    I've done this, but they're not attacking me.How do i get them to attack me :/

Please don't copy/paste text from wowhead comments and make a thread. Most users that know enough to get to MMO Champion also know enough to check WoWhead.

Nice tutorial dude! Will come in useful for my mage!