Rundown on Elemental Valor Point Gear

If you haven't already -- you will soon be debating what piece of Valor Point gear you should purchase first. I decided I would put my insight into what I think would be worth it.
    *Note* Everybody will be in different situation with current gear / current stat needs etc. Again, this is just my insight.

Tier:
    I would not spend on gloves or legs at this point due to the fact that they drop in the Tol Barad boss. So since you will be running this weekly, your chance of getting it for free seems like a better idea So that just leaves the only available piece of tier you can buy is the chest. (helm and shoulder's are boss tokens)

Chest (2200 Valor Points): compared to the LW crafted chest - you will gain about 40 intellect. I would suggest making the crafted to save spending points on the chest.
    * My only suggestion would to get this if it would make your tier 2pc or 4pc bonus.

Cloak (1250 Valor Points):
    You basically have two choices the Crit/Haste or the Mastery/Spirit cloak. Probably another minor upgrade compared to your current 246 cloak (i.e. Periwinkle Cloak)

Relic of Norgannon (700 Valor Points):
    After comparing the 359 Relic of Norgannon vs. the created Tattoo Eyeball (Inscription), I would say this is a minor upgrade -- you are looking at a 12 Intellect and 24 Haste upgrade.

Soul Casket Trinket (1650 Valor Points):
    When it comes to trinkets for casters, there aren't many to choose from. The only one really out there is Theralion's Mirror off of Double Dragons. In my case, I bought the Volcano deck for the Mastery and Int Proc trinket. If you have the gold, it will be a nice trinket to last you until heroic modes.

Rings (1250 Valor Points):
    Again there are two rings to choose from -- a Crit/Haste or a Spirit/Mastery. I would chose the Crit/Haste ring due to the better appealing stats.

Boots (1650 Valor Points):
    Very Comparable to the Earthen Ring Exalted Boots. The minor difference is +10 crit to the ones from rep and +10 spirit from the VP boots.

Conclusion: Again this is just some insight that offer's other suggestion as to what you could use to avoid using valor points on minor upgrades.

Please feel free to add your thoughts !

any thoughts would be amazing!

I've been trying to debate what to get from Valor points as well...

Soul Casket is NOT a BiS trinket for elemental. The TB Rep Trinket & Therailon's Mirror are the 2 BiS trinkets at this moment, of course if you don't raid then it's understandable to get a Soul Casket.

Gloves, Legs and "technically" Chest are all BiS so buying any of them is fine, however I currently have the Twilight crafted chest which is pretty much the same thing for me right now. Then there is the fact that the legs & gloves drop from TB.

Rings, Cloaks, Boots - All useless really, the best rings are the one from Cho'gall and the Archeology Boy Emperor ring, the best cloak is the BoE world random which unless you get lucky you would have to buy however it's still BiS. The boots are garbage, same thing as the Earthmender's.

Essentially, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place right now because all of this stuff is something I don't want to "waste" Valor Points on at this moment. Being that there is nothing BiS for me besides the three set pieces? I will probably just buy them for the time being. Likely the gloves or legs as they are the biggest upgrade for me currently. Everything else I would replace from raid drops so it would be a waste of VP for the time being. If I happen to get all of my T11 from VP and still haven't obtained the Theralion's Mirror trinket, then I would go and buy a Soul Casket.

Thanks for the post. I think it comes down to what stat you value more between haste and mastery. I personally did a little bit of testing on reforging into haste vs reforging into mastery. I have to say I like mastery more at the moment because the scaling for haste is piss poor.

Let me know what you think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishskin View Post
    Thanks for the post. I think it comes down to what stat you value more between haste and mastery. I personally did a little bit of testing on reforging into haste vs reforging into mastery. I have to say I like mastery more at the moment because the scaling for haste is piss poor.

I think you are wrong.
    Haste is better than mastery.
    Well, at least according to EJ and the rest of the shaman community.

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishskin View Post

Every piece of reliable theorycrafting done on the matter has shown the opposite. Haste is slightly better.

If you're testing it over 5 minutes on the dummy, or even half an hour, your numbers are basically meaningless, because random factors of the procs from Mastery will not be levelled out by that short a period of testing; a lucky 5 minutes will show Mastery being far better, and due to confirmation bias, you're likely to see that as "right" and the unlucky ones as "wrong" because you didn't execute something right, and dismiss them.

About the trinkets, there's also Bell of Enraging Resonance off of Atramedes and Heart of Ignacious from Ascendant Council, along with Stump of Time from Baradin Wardens rep.

Bink's preliminary #s check on a BiS setup for trinkets put H Heart of Ignacious and Stump of Time (Exalted Baradin Wardens) as BiS, though that may be subject to change.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com