Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nice guide, shame I saw it after I named all my alliance characters but I can still use it for a few hordies when I can't find any inspiration.

Names from my own characters:
    - Fave: Draenei shaman named Ishanuumor; just fits perfectly to me somehow, outlandish but pronouncable.
    - Worst: Gnome Mage named Mekkatinker, just feels like such a standard name

Why not name a female goblin Yaddle? Untouchable. Hurrhurrhurr...

Deleted
    Death Knight called Frostmage.

Deleted
    Male Spacegoat Shammy "Garybusey"
    Hair and horns to match his hair ... if only wow had teeth
    Druid resto Seasicktree

but nothing beats a Death Knight named Cliffrichard for the starting area alone.

---------- Post added 2011-03-15 at 03:09 AM ----------

big bucket of win to you sir!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    Last but not least - Nickname check
    If your name is a bit long, chances are your friends will shorten it in order to save writing time. You can fight it, but it is going to make you sound like a bit of an ass, so you may as well embrace it. Check your name for whatever is the likely shortcut people will adopt.
    If only this where true for me. --> azmaria to assmario in my guild because someone didn't read it right and I've been stuck with it since -.-
    nice guide though I'm gonna have to point this one out to a friend so he doesn't come up with some strange thing for a name again.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Deleted
    Hello.
    After hours trying to come up with a female gnome warlock name, I've chosen to ask for help.
    It's gotta be either a gnomish name, or just an usual female WoW name such as 'Areliaa' (already taken :<).

Thanks!

EDIT: yes, I've tried all the tips in the OP. Guess I'm just really, really bad at naming.. :<
    EDIT2: nvm, came up with Eloria. Best name evah!
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2011-03-19 at 04:11 PM.

Deleted
    I've recently noted that a lot of female names end with the letter "a" in WoW. Just thought I'd give you guys some heads up that if you want to have an original name, you may want to try some other endings that also sound feminine, such as:

- ine, yne, yn, inne // ane, one, une...
    - ale, ole, ile, ule...
    - shi, psi, pso, phy...

That's all I got for today. Feel free to disagree if you don't like the idea !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    I hate to be "that guy," but do you realize that many of your suggestions directly violate Blizzard's naming policy? Specifically, you are not allowed to combine multiple words. For example:

Yeah, all of those are violations.

See: http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...=20368#partial

That said, MANY people get away with names like this, but everyone should be aware that if they catch a GM in a fussy mood, a forced name change could be incoming.
    Partial or Complete Sentences
    This category includes names which:

Consist of multiple (generally more than 2) words strung together to create partial or complete sentences (i.e. Inyourface, Welovebeef, Howareyou)

Contain "Leet" or "Dudespeak"
    This category includes names which:

Consist of language existent only in online communication (i.e. Roflcopter, xxnewbxx, Roxxoryou)

Wtf, never knew they had so much restrictions on the names..

For warlock names you can either specc into Demo, metamorph and speak, or ask another warlock to cast curse of tongues on you and pronounce different names.

Spider - Rakkan.
    Slayer - Azgala.
    Darkness - Kirasath
    Shadow - Karkun
    Demon - Gular.
    Demonic - Zennshi.

And people won't know you have those "12y old names" because they sound a hell of a lot cooler in demonic. You can also try to use some more "dirty" words, I know another word for vagina turns into Zenn, and the racist word for black turns into Archim, we also have words that turn into Rethul and Belan, but I won't list these since that could be offensive to some.

Just a tip ;d
    [23:35:54] [B] [80:Fetølboks-Dea:5]: stop running into die

[21:12:45] [G] [13:Warriorelfo]: Troll is a horde and cant be in a alliance guild

Great post, nice to read something like this after that usual: can i has xxxxxx, how many dps your mage/ret crits?, if you were boy would you date girl posts...

Deleted
    Thanks for a good read

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuvassinhellfire View Post
    Deceitful?? Excuse me but since when?
    Millhouse... *shakes fist*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenzy View Post
    For warlock names you can either specc into Demo, metamorph and speak, or ask another warlock to cast curse of tongues on you and pronounce different names.

Spider - Rakkan.
    Slayer - Azgala.
    Darkness - Kirasath
    Shadow - Karkun
    Demon - Gular.
    Demonic - Zennshi.

And people won't know you have those "12y old names" because they sound a hell of a lot cooler in demonic. You can also try to use some more "dirty" words, I know another word for vagina turns into Zenn, and the racist word for black turns into Archim, we also have words that turn into Rethul and Belan, but I won't list these since that could be offensive to some.

Just a tip ;d
    This is actually a pretty kick ass suggestion, sir. I will add it, with your permission and credit, to the first page guide. If for whatever reason you want it removed, feel free to post about it or mp me.

I tip my hat to you

- ND

Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    This is actually a pretty kick ass suggestion, sir. I will add it, with your permission and credit, to the first page guide. If for whatever reason you want it removed, feel free to post about it or mp me.

I tip my hat to you

- ND
    Please do :> I don't mind at all.

[21:12:45] [G] [13:Warriorelfo]: Troll is a horde and cant be in a alliance guild

Quote Originally Posted by Slenzy View Post

Spider - Rakkan.
    Slayer - Azgala.
    Darkness - Kirasath
    Shadow - Karkun
    Demon - Gular.
    Demonic - Zennshi.

Just a tip ;d
    Well, a ton of other words "translate" to Zenn or Archim too, it's just how the representation of "foreign" languages work in wow...

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    Well, a ton of other words "translate" to Zenn or Archim too, it's just how the representation of "foreign" languages work in wow...
    You can't really expect them to make an entire dictionary in demonic for the game, right?;p I know there are some duplicates in the translation from english to demonic, and there is probably a fairly limited range of vocabulary, but it's still a quite fun feature.

I'll put up my toon names that I think are pretty decent. Steal them if you'd like.
    Donateblood - hemo spec rogue from tbc days
    Dontletmedie - healer
    Waitforaggro - paladin tank
    Spekkio - druid (10 points for getting the name reference)
    Mistasneaky - AH rogue
    Instaqueue - DK tank

My other toons are much deeper references so they're not really for the average person.

Named my DK 'Sonofalich'

Shamelessly stolen from someone else's suggestion a year or so ago.

Deleted
    Donateblood, Instaqueue and Sonofalich all made me grin like an idiot :]

Nice.

And then there was the guy in my first real raiding guild who wanted to name is alt something with "dps" in it, since he was gonna be a dps shaman and not another healer.

He named the alt "Deepass"

He never lived that down.