Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the name you would like is taken. Armory and see if they show up. If it doesn't, it might be on an inactive account and they might unlock it for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    I hate to be "that guy," but do you realize that many of your suggestions directly violate Blizzard's naming policy? Specifically, you are not allowed to combine multiple words. For example:

Yeah, all of those are violations.

See: http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...=20368#partial

That said, MANY people get away with names like this, but everyone should be aware that if they catch a GM in a fussy mood, a forced name change could be incoming.
    Wow, you are a tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    Ryanretnolds is win.

However, I still can't get over Worgenfreeman (from an earlier poster)...
    Worgenfreeman is 1 letter too long, so it would have to be something like Worgenfreemn. Completely ruins the name

Quote Originally Posted by Amaunator View Post
    Without any anti semitism enchant to it, i just rolled a new goblin rogue: Shadowej : rad into it a bit Shadow wej jew.
    I like his name.
    You put the word Jew into a word? How witty of you. Not sure how saying "jew" could even be considered anti-semetic either.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    warlock named afflatia, pretty obvious taken of affliction
    I read "A filatio". There ya go
    Last edited by RyanRetnolds; 2011-01-28 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    A good source of inspiration: behindthename.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRetnolds View Post
    Worgenfreeman is 1 letter too long, so it would have to be something like Worgenfreemn. Completely ruins the name

You put the word Jew into a word? How witty of you. Not sure how saying "jew" could even be considered anti-semetic either.

I read "A filatio". There ya go
    and what is A filatio?
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    and what is A filatio?
    Filatio is giving a man oral sex

Deleted
    Once on PTR I saw an affliction warlock named Benafflock

Needless to say, I loled

Edit: Add Meganshocks to that
    Last edited by mmoc02483cbd69; 2011-01-29 at 06:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRetnolds View Post
    Filatio is giving a man oral sex
    It is spelled "fellatio", which is why I think you got the comment.

You're right about the number of letters, I think the guy had spelled it Worgnfreeman, which kind of leaves the joke intact. At least as far as I'm concerned.

I'll add my character names to this awesome thread.

Kandyn - Feral/Resto Druid (originally Tauren, now NElf); Original toon. Came from using the random name and getting Candin, but taken. then Kandin and Kanden, and finally it's current state. Also started a naming trend
    Kaltharn - I've had 2 characters with this one. First was actually Kalthar ( Orc hunter) then rerolled him on a new server and name was taken so I added the "n". He eventually passed away in Arathi Basin one day and came back to me as a Troll Elemental/Resto Shaman.
    Anduryn - Draenei Blood/Frost DK; Started with trying derivatives of Kandyn and eventually cut the "K" sound, and played with "andy" names. The "r" consonant was added, followed by my now standard "yn" ending for alts.
    Gwyddion - Human Disc/Shadow Priest; Actually based off of a character name from the Black Cauldron, part of the Prydain Chronicles anthology. However, it still contains a "y" and "n", therefore abiding by my somewhat self-imposed naming constraints.
    Kreecher - Goblin Arcane Mage twink; Sorry, couldn't help myself :-P(Harry Potter reference for those who don't get it)
    Proud member of WoW Addicts Anonymous since 2010.
    Your $14.99 lets you play the way you want. The raid's $359.76 says "L2P noob."

Deleted
    Now fully updated for 4.0.6 !!!!!!!!

(see what I did there?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    I'm happy with my shaman named Cumshox....

People is calling my Cummy lol...
    Gross dude lol

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 02:53 PM ----------

also great thread, very well thought out.

I like naming my characters using a theme. All my characters have the same first three letters to their name so people know they are me.

I was trying to figure out what to name my first character 5 years ago and got frustrated. I asked for help from a friend and everything he named off I was like, "Meh...". So he recommended Meh as a name. I liked the idea, but didnt think it would be good for a female Night Elf so I decided on Mehgahn. From then on I used "Meh" in my toons names. )

Mehgahn - F - NE Drood (Icecrown)
    Mehgahn - F - Draenei Paladin (Spirestone)
    Mehntal - M - Dwarf DK
    Mehtro - M - Tauren Drood
    Mehmnon - M - Worgen Warrior

Deleted
    I use Crymeabubble for my paladin. It might not be that original, but I like it anyway :P

Nice guide.

I try to name all of my characters after a move in their arsenal... But sometimes, if I can't find anything I like because they're taken, I name them after Pokemon. =P

Protection Paladin: Consecration (Consecrate on his new server)
    Resto Druid: Rejuvenate
    Resto Shaman: Chainheal
    Rogue: Gouge
    Mage: Celebi
    Hunter: Goodeyesnipr (After the Coheed and Cambria song, they're one of my favorite bands, and I thought it matched a Hunter perfectly.)
    Death Knight: Mitchhedberg (Favorite comedian of all time, he passed away a little before I decided I was gonna make a DK.)

There was a guy in our guild in TBC and Wrath who named his toons after random objects on his desk. He had: Mousepad, Notebook, Cellphone, and a few others. I thought it was humorous.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-02-16 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Found out Gorgash some time after reading this thread. I think it doesn't have any specific meaning (googling=random things), but it sounds orcish and I'm happy with it.

Deleted
    Gorgash is pretty badass for an orc. Well done, friend.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always had a feeling Blood Elves and Forsaken are a bit aristocratic, that's why my 3 toons are named Ashbourne, Withermore and Blakemore
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost all my toons old names where the nicknames referenced in the movie "I love you, Man"

Joben
    Bromontana
    Pistolpete
    Magooch
    Survival is Key

druid boomkin

Oomkin

Hunter named Staal [main] (Favorite player on my favorite sports team, the New York Rangers)

A Priest named Clearlyamage

A Warrior named Docilebirds

A DK named Theshortbus.

Some violations I guess, but noone has complained and I like them.