10+ Year Old Account

Twilight Council

I love being melee, I like that a lot of fights aren't very melee friendly, and I enjoy the challenge of it, however this fight is really getting to me.
    Phase 1 and 2 are no problems, my main concern has been phase 3. We have had multiple wipes at 1-3% where I died 20-30 seconds earlier then the rest of the groups, mainly because I'm taking more damage.

For this fight, I am our only melee DPS. Lava seeds aren't a problem, chain lightning is sometimes a problem, but it's mainly the pools on the ground. I stand to the side of the boss as best I can, and try to stay away from the tank to avoid the lightning, however I still seem to take one or two ticks from the pools, and the boss is pretty much constantly spawning them. And getting a gravity crush right after a pool? Well, I'm pretty much out of luck for a good 5-7 seconds. I've tried Feint, however I didn't actually pay attention to how much damage I was taking with it up, but if someone knows whether or not this cuts the damage, that would be nice.

This is a bit of a QQ post, no boss has annoyed me like this, if theres damage to avoid, I like to avoid it, and the pools are avoidable. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for this fight to help me stay alive a bit longer. I save CLoS for oh shit moments when i mess up on seeds, and I pop my engineer bubble when I hit ~50% HP, along with my HS. I can use an HP with the engi glove enchant for added effect, however I think the Tol'vir potion is more worth it for the huge burst needed. I try to keep recup up as well, and bandage if the boss does his gravity thing in a pool.

Near the end of our attempts last night we actually changed our strat to having our pally healer put beacon of light on me, since only one tank is needed and our druid offtank shifts out to toss heals and use tranquility, but that was late in the night, and we started messing up on little things and didn't see phase 3 again. This will probably help immensly, but if there are any other tips, that would be awesome.

Edit: This is 10 man. This fight in 25 man must be absolute hell.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2010-12-21 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I love being melee, I like that a lot of fights aren't very melee friendly, and I enjoy the challenge of it, however this fight is really getting to me.
    Phase 1 and 2 are no problems, my main concern has been phase 3. We have had multiple wipes at 1-3% where I died 20-30 seconds earlier then the rest of the groups, mainly because I'm taking more damage.

For this fight, I am our only melee DPS. Lava seeds aren't a problem, chain lightning is sometimes a problem, but it's mainly the pools on the ground. I stand to the side of the boss as best I can, and try to stay away from the tank to avoid the lightning, however I still seem to take one or two ticks from the pools, and the boss is pretty much constantly spawning them. And getting a gravity crush right after a pool? Well, I'm pretty much out of luck for a good 5-7 seconds. I've tried Feint, however I didn't actually pay attention to how much damage I was taking with it up, but if someone knows whether or not this cuts the damage, that would be nice.

This is a bit of a QQ post, no boss has annoyed me like this, if theres damage to avoid, I like to avoid it, and the pools are avoidable. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for this fight to help me stay alive a bit longer. I save CLoS for oh shit moments when i mess up on seeds, and I pop my engineer bubble when I hit ~50% HP, along with my HS. I can use an HP with the engi glove enchant for added effect, however I think the Tol'vir potion is more worth it for the huge burst needed. I try to keep recup up as well, and bandage if the boss does his gravity thing in a pool.

Near the end of our attempts last night we actually changed our strat to having our pally healer put beacon of light on me, since only one tank is needed and our druid offtank shifts out to toss heals and use tranquility, but that was late in the night, and we started messing up on little things and didn't see phase 3 again. This will probably help immensly, but if there are any other tips, that would be awesome.

Edit: This is 10 man. This fight in 25 man must be absolute hell.
    Yeah the last phase would probably be much easier in higher gear sets, but, I have done it on 25 man and I and many other people died by the end and it was nail-biting finish.

Feint does reduce the damage done by the pools so it's best to have it up as much as possible. If your doing it only on ten man I would suggest even just getting parried by the boss if it means you can stay alive for a lot longer without taking as much damage, on 25 man though you need much more damage to kill him.

I'm not sure how many people get crushed on 10 man, but, cloak DOES have a very brief immunity mechanic to it now, and I believe it works like the old vanish, so, it is possible that you could completely avoid a gravity crush if you used it like the old vanish, of course you would have to be lucky/unlucky enough to have it cast on you when you do it.
    Last edited by sabrelime; 2010-12-21 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    Yeah the last phase would probably be much easier in higher gear sets, but, I have done it on 25 man and I and many other people died by the end and it was nail-biting finish.

Feint does reduce the damage done by the pools so it's best to have it up as much as possible. If your doing it only on ten man I would suggest even just getting parried by the boss if it means you can stay alive for a lot longer without taking as much damage, on 25 man though you need much more damage to kill him.

I'm not sure how many people get crushed on 10 man, but, cloak DOES have a very brief immunity mechanic to it now, and I believe it works like the old vanish, so, it is possible that you could completely avoid a gravity crush if you used it like the old vanish, of course you would have to be lucky/unlucky enough to have it cast on you when you do it.
    My only concern about being in front of the boss is not being able to use backstab, which is a huge DPS boost, and during a burn like this, the lack of that+parry might be too much of a loss. I will give it a shot, though. Gravity crush on me isn't a problem,it's only one person in 10 man, it's mainly that the boss sits in a pool and doesn't move, meaning I either take a lot of damage or don't deal any. Thank you for confirming about feint though, i'll pay more attention to keeping it up tonight when we go back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t111200-...aid_mechanics/

Check that for any general problems yourself as a Rogue are having with fights.