Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Very Rude Randoms... -_-

So I finally hit ilvl 129 and did my first heroic random , it was lost city, and to be honest ive never seen people so rude in heroics... So we wipe on the first boss due to healer accidently dccing. All our dps leave besides me, so we wait and healer comes back saying stfu newbs and leaves so we are stuck waiting and then we get some new people. Now we finish first boss fine and someone kindly asks if we could 'try' the croc achieve. healer and tank leaves saying omfg tosser im not here for achieves and then leave group... 1 dps leaves and we finally get our group back. So we dont ask about achieves and the run goes fine until the 2nd last boss. We wiped 2 times and had everyone calling eachother crap and constantly swearing there heads off in the middle of the fight... seriously.? After I roll need on a item as I can use it when tanking and the tank and 1 dps yellls there head off at me for needing something i 'need' ... they rage quit and we get them replaced and then after doing the last boss people rage at me for needing what i need and it was a melee dps trinket... -_- i leave the group after the boss is dead and i look back at the convo, 3 people left saying gg i hate u all.

Very interesting first cata heroic.... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by icecruiser View Post
    So I finally hit ilvl 129 and did my first heroic random , it was lost city, and to be honest ive never seen people so rude in heroics... So we wipe on the first boss due to healer accidently dccing. All our dps leave besides me, so we wait and healer comes back saying stfu newbs and leaves so we are stuck waiting and then we get some new people. Now we finish first boss fine and someone kindly asks if we could 'try' the croc achieve. healer and tank leaves saying omfg tosser im not here for achieves and then leave group... 1 dps leaves and we finally get our group back. So we dont ask about achieves and the run goes fine until the 2nd last boss. We wiped 2 times and had everyone calling eachother crap and constantly swearing there heads off in the middle of the fight... seriously.? After I roll need on a item as I can use it when tanking and the tank and 1 dps yellls there head off at me for needing something i 'need' ... they rage quit and we get them replaced and then after doing the last boss people rage at me for needing what i need and it was a melee dps trinket... -_- i leave the group after the boss is dead and i look back at the convo, 3 people left saying gg i hate u all.

The majority of the WoW players are honestly some of the most vicious MMO players. Now personally I've never gotten that many ragers in my group before, but just think of it as a free TV show and it's a bit better :P.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

Don't need on a tank item as DPS?? Sounds to me like their rudeness was warranted by your behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggietails View Post
    You don't find Shadowmourne in PvP, it finds you.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds very lovely *sarcasam off*, i hope my 1st HC of cata isnt like this (i do ofc want the challenge of it being a HC without the nerdrage/ragequit, Q.Q ect) hope your HC exprience is better for the future

Yes people are rude. But if you (as a dps) rolled against the tank on a tanking item, then you are scum and should have been kicked.

You should choose 1 spec to roll on, not both tanking and dpsing, bro. Also, US realms, not much of a surprise.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

15+ Year Old Account
    First of all so others don't get confused it's ilvl 329 for Heroics, guess you just wrote wrong OP

Secondly I would agree with the party members about the loots. You say you 'need' tank gear then later on you 'need' dps gear. You should stick to one role when in a party unless they ALL agree to it. This however goes mute if no one else actually wanted the items to begin with.

Bolded for sheer "what?"

And as on topic as I can be, people will generally treat you nice if you treat them nice. Taking their stuff isn't a good way to make friends.

Theres a huge group of people who demand that you ask for permission to roll need. I hate that shit. I need it for main spec, I'm needing it. If I need it for offspec, I'll wait till everyone else greeds and then need. I'm not asking for your permissions to need something I need.

Deleted

iam sorry to say
    but if u are queed as dps and the tank needs a tank item dont fcking roll on tank items
    people like u are the ones who make my gameplay worse
    and then u qq about other people shouting?
    care hit the ignore button
    but ninjaing items .. i wish there was a button for that

If you needed a true tanking item as a dps in the group, you are an asshole.

Also, fyi, the last boss does not drop a melee dps trinket for any class that wears plate, you genius

You're probably the worst person these people ever c ould have grouped with. A ninja warrior that wears agility trinkets. I am in awe of your stupidity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojow View Post
    iam sorry to say
    but if u are queed as dps and the tank needs a tank item dont fcking roll on tank items
    people like u are the ones who make my gameplay worse
    and then u qq about other people shouting?
    care hit the ignore button
    but ninjaing items .. i wish there was a button for that
    I bet people such as yourself are the ones who complain about long queue times as DPS due to there not being enough well geared tanks too. I applaud any DPSer who rolls on OS tank items as long as they intend to use them.

I left...

I tank and i left a instance because a guy did that to me. I also refuse to play with people who cant communicate with other people without degrading and calling them names.

If your not tanking dont take the tank items... maybe theres a reason you choose your role on the LFD tool. I dont take your dps stuff for my fury set. Though i think with randoms im just going to start doing that because it seems majority of the LFD peeps are not fit to communicate with the world.. of warcraft community.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: i know it was a typo but it would have to be 329 ilvl.

2: wow you had some bad luck in there lol

3a: (now this one is important so you might wanna jot it down somewhere) when you do a random heroic, you only need on what your spec is. take a moment and let that one settle in there since i'm sure you never heard this new concept before. you queue as DPS, that means you get to roll need on DPS gear only. if you want tank gear then queue as a tank. otherwise you should clear that up in the beginning of the run with whoever you will be off spec needing with. those angry people in your group prolly havn't gotten this memo so i'm certain they didn't say this to you when you were in there.

3b: honestly in the end when you won that dps trinket you should have given the tank the tanking item from the previous boss if you had won it. (you didn't state if you actually won the item, only that you rolled need) a little sense of fairness is all people are asking for.

3c: If we go by the rule that you can roll need on any item that gives you the need option, you do realize that Druids would be rolling on every single leather piece there is regardless of stats. you'd see moonkins rolling on physical dps leather armor and tank/melee rings/necks/cloaks/trinkets. this is why there is a general rule of "Only need on the spec you are playing as in that dungeon"

sorry don't mean to be snide or crass but really alot of people do what you did and it's a big issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, needing on an OS item without at least asking the tank if he NEEDS it is improper form. I would have told you to tank for your own gear and kicked you. I you cannot tank heroics, don't dps them and hope to take the gear from the people who are tanking them. Go back to regs and farm the same stuff most of us had to do. Same goes in reverse tho. Last night for instance, dps shoulders dropped in HVC, I asked warrior if he needed them. His reply was "Hell yes, I am here as dps aren't I". Ok, I went with it, but I inspected him and he was wearing them same shoulders already before I even hit greed...

Rule of thumb, just asking before needing on an OS. It's just polite.

Morale of the story:

Dont come whining about things when infact you were at fault for your actions...
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Yeah, the needing on two seperate specs just doesnt go down well with anyone. Unless the people that can roll for main spec just dont need it. Then it's all good. But the LFD system has allowed people to be even more whiny babies than before. People tend to get wet pants about little things then leave b/c they know they can have another group within minutes most of the time.

My best suggestion is to find a good guild and stick with them for any dungeon runs. Plus you'll get the guild exp and obtain sweet perks.

Just a note: If you do get in a random with people from Illidan....just leave. Worst server I've ever grouped with. (Not a statement about everyone from Illidan, so dont go nuts if you are from Illidan.

LOL. I used to be from Illidan. I think every terribad horde player flocked there trying to ride Blood Legion's coat tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozkurt View Post
    Don't need on a tank item as DPS?? Sounds to me like their rudeness was warranted by your behavior.
    Who cares about some shit blue from a heroic run? You're a tank; take another instant queue and keep working on your rep until you get it. If you want it that bad, join a guild and run heroics with them. I always ask before needing on dps gear just to be nice though.

That being said. I've had 99.9% success running random heroics. Maybe it's just easier when the tank doesn't suck. What really surprises me is how impatient people are despite to the fact that taking another dps queue will be 45 minutes. The best one was when I queued into a group where the only guy there wasn't even an original member himself.
    Last edited by Resric; 2010-12-21 at 05:48 PM.

I did a hc Deadmines yesterday....by the time we reached Cookie I had 17 different people on my recount overall. Still was a fun run and I learned a lot Sadly I had to leave the group there cos of the time (It was 0:30 and I had to get up early :<)
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Rule 1 of randoms: Only roll need on the spec you're in, if you want tank loot, then tank.
    Rule 2 of randoms: You CAN get a point across while being calm about it. Sweating small shit doesn't help anyone.

Anyways, my randoms are usually this:
    *2 seconds after loading in* "MAGE GIMME FOOD"
    If anyone is this demanding I'm usually quick to respond with "cheap bastards can't buy their own food" or "I didn't spec food"
    If you ask nicely, then i don't mind as I usually pop up a table anyways.

At some point in the run, a stupid melee/bad tank winds up popping my sheep, I get chewed out for it like it's my fault they AoEd right on top of the sheep, so dear population in general...I sheep pull, if you manage to pop that sheep, that isn't my bad...it's yours. My responsibility is sheep pulling, and then refreshing that sheep if mandatory. I can't command that sheep to move out of your moronic FoK or your moronic Shockwave, but YOU can control yourself enough to not press that button and/or aim it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Those motherfuckers have lasers for all we know.