Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personallu prefer afflic or demo afflic being my favorite spec but i have noticed all the speca are close enough to just play what you enjoy most

Quote Originally Posted by Gixer View Post
    '

I guess the Warlocks of Paragon are just looking for a challenge, being a Demo and all. If you read more carefully you will see that affliction's or destros rotation cannot be executed as perfectly as simulationcraft shows.
    So, paragaon warlocks are demo therefore demo is the best spec? Nice going there professor, that's what I call a scientific approach. The 'best' spec is the spec that benefits the raid most and the hardest hitting spec is most definately destro/aff. Especially since demo's rotation is very unrealistic to pull of consequently (immolation, shadowflame, etc...) It's pretty easy to pull of a close to perfect rotation as affliction. Today I raided as destro and affliction. With both specs I easily sustained between 17k and 19k dps on single target fights and even ended on 21k dps with bl popped at 20%. The lame thing though, is that the succubus' lash of pain is the hardest hitting ability by a fairly large margin.

I fear a nerf incoming. So do surv hunters btw.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    The lame thing though, is that the succubus' lash of pain is the hardest hitting ability by a fairly large margin.
    How do you figure? I just checked my logs for tonight (Veliona and Theralion) and my Succubus's Lash of Pain was hitting for on average 3.6k and critting for 7.6k. Drain Soul by contrast was ticking for 22k and critting for 66k on average.

As for Paragon's locks, perhaps they're concentrating on strong AoE dps? I'm not familiar with the later bosses in the current tier, particularly on heroic, so I could imagine there are situations where Demo's strong AoE would shine.

Deleted
    So, paragaon warlocks are demo therefore demo is the best spec? Nice going there professor, that's what I call a scientific approach.
    Also mentioned that was what said in Elitist Jerks next to Paragon's lock in their world first being Demonology, that's 2 pretty good reasons for me. Nice reading comprehension there professor.

I'm also pretty interested as to why Paragon's warlocks are demo - I think it says a lot really.

Also mentioned that was what said in Elitist Jerks next to Paragon's lock in their world first being Demonology, that's 2 pretty good reasons for me. Nice reading comprehension there professor.
    That's the interesting thing. I already asked you once and I'll ask you again: Which EJ site are you consulting? The one we know shows demo is on the bottom of the single target dps list and isn't that what we were discussing in the first place?

Aristeidas, what I mean with 'the hardest hitting ability' is that at the end of the fight, Lash of Pain, is the ability that has done most overal damage on your target. Sorry, I misformulated it.

No, I don't think it says a lot that the paragon locks are demo. For starters they dual spec demo/aff. Therefore, I suppose the go demo on aoe heavy fight (as all warlocks do I presume) and aff/destro at heavy single target fights (assuming they already have the SP buff).

Also note the following:
    Demo is last in the list of single target dps potential, yet the difference is negligible. As long as you remember that to come that close to destro/aff numbers the demo locks
    - stand in melee range,
    - use immolation,
    - use shadow flame
    - use the succubus (reducing it's aoe capabilities by quite a bit).

Play your demo lock from a ranged position, as it's intended and the gap widens.

If you like demo play it, the personal dps you lose is made up for by the buff you provide. But don't fart out that it's - per definition - the 'best' dps spec when it's clearly not.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2010-12-24 at 11:29 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    I don't know what you're doing differently to me but I'm about to do 15k dps as destro.
    Hit capped then Mastery > all.
    Pass the character audit on armory.
    Hurricane on my weapon, and I'm a JC.

Elitist jerks isn't always right, I used their guide and suffered a loss of about 3k dps. I went back to stacking mastery after hit capping and went straight back up to the 15k mark. On heroic bosses I often exceed the 15k mark too.

Seriously though, if you're not doing more than 12k as affliction or destro you're doing something wrong, such as gemming the wrong gems or not reforging properly; 77 respecs is a figure I baulk at; shouldn't have wasted your time there if you weren't going to apply correct stats for each spec each time.
    mastery is probably the worst stat for destruction at heroic gear level...
    and also, on halfus when there's whelps go demo and pop hand of guldan meta demonsoul immolation aura felstorm shadowflame summon infernal and hellfire and see the world burn as you'll probably do 50% of the damage of your 10m raid while the dragons are alive

Deleted
    Affliction is quite boring, i prefer Destru so mutch

I don't know why, but it really irks me when people call it "destru". Like, REALLY irks me.

Right now I'm dual spec afflic and destruction. Depensing on the fight I swap back and fourth. But in a week or 2 when my guild is raiding and I no longer have to run 5mans for a while, I'll be afflic full time for shadow and flame since I'm the only one in our group who can provide the crit debuff.
    Top 100.

Deleted
    That's the interesting thing. I already asked you once and I'll ask you again: Which EJ site are you consulting? The one we know shows demo is on the bottom of the single target dps list and isn't that what we were discussing in the first place?
    Which comes from simulationcraft and states that neither Destro or Affli rotations can be executed like simulationcraft shows, while Demo can gain more via RNG. Which I already stated once. Which I already stated that I stated to you once.

But I don't care, you've obviously wrapped your head around this one and it wont come off even with an electrified crowbar.

Which comes from simulationcraft and states that neither Destro or Affli rotations can be executed like simulationcraft shows, while Demo can gain more via RNG. Which I already stated once. Which I already stated that I stated to you once.

But I don't care, you've obviously wrapped your head around this one and it wont come off even with an electrified crowbar.

Both affliction and destruction have RNG elements to them which affect theire dps potential as well. Demonology do also requier you to stand in meele rang the entier fight to get reach your max dps potential. Would you please point out which part of the affliction and destruction rotations, that are used by the sim, is impossible to execute? The reason the Paragon lock are specced demonology is most likely becaus they are doing atempts on a boss where there is potential to do heavy aoe damage, a scenario in which demonology would come out on top dps wise. Singel target both affliction and destruction have a higher dps potential, with affliction slightly over destruction.

Where on elitistjerks did you find this information? I couldetn find it in the simcraft threat but i just skimmed through it so i might have missed it, would you kindly tell me what page it is on.

I don't care about your explanation since it's your personal logic and with that, only logical to yourself. What vexes me is that you pathetically try to link your ideas to EJ just to make them remotely tangible. Newsflash: it doesn't work. If you claim to have read something somewhere provide the link connecting us to that information. Especially when you quote "scientific" fora.

You seem to have missed the reply where I explained that maintaining the ideal demo rotation is actually less realistic then maintaining the ideal aff/destro rotaton. Blablabla...bla was kind enough to repeat that for you.

Demo is the spec that provides the least pdps in single target fights in simcraft and in real raid circumstances. All the data at our disposal shows exactly that.

Oh, and using RNG as a foundation of 'higher damage potential' is the most hilarious thing I've seen you write so far.

I personally love Destro. I'm number 1 or 2 regularly in heroics and was between 2-3 in baradin hold *i know not epic but still only raid Ive been in soo far* with a arcane mage and Raiding DK ahead of me. Had an affliction lock in 6th place with only 4k DPS but i don't think he knew what he was doing. hehe

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I don't know why, but it really irks me when people call it "destru". Like, REALLY irks me.
    Multilingual game. Destruction has several root words in other languages (Destruir, Destruieren) while ours is Destroy. Maybe they're equally offended we call it Destro?

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Multilingual game. Destruction has several root words in other languages (Destruir, Destruieren) while ours is Destroy. Maybe they're equally offended we call it Destro?
    English forum! lol

It's highly possible... but when I read destru, I read it as Des-troo, which makes me not want to play the spec ever again lol.
    Top 100.

Go affliction my friend. You do damage even when on the run and your healers will thank you because of your selfheal. Try doing fights like Al'Akir as destro. Not good... Besides all that, your multi target damage is insane.

I say destro if u like it simple ! affliction for if u like managing dots and stuff of that sort . both fun

Deleted
    I don't care about your explanation since it's your personal logic and with that, only logical to yourself. What vexes me is that you pathetically try to link your ideas to EJ just to make them remotely tangible. Newsflash: it doesn't work. If you claim to have read something somewhere provide the link connecting us to that information. Especially when you quote "scientific" fora.

You seem to have missed the reply where I explained that maintaining the ideal demo rotation is actually less realistic then maintaining the ideal aff/destro rotaton. Blablabla...bla was kind enough to repeat that for you.

Demo is the spec that provides the least pdps in single target fights in simcraft and in real raid circumstances. All the data at our disposal shows exactly that.

Oh, and using RNG as a foundation of 'higher damage potential' is the most hilarious thing I've seen you write so far.
    Cool story bro.

Guys at elitist jerks theory crafted and affliction is better for both pre raid and raid go check em out they are quite the gentlemen.

ej is being updated almost daily with the simcraft results.. so its kinda hard to base it off that

tho its fairly safe to say - play what you like.. the difference isnt that big for any standard raider