Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    As arms or protection, I always watch the paralyze spell get cast, and then hold my movement key - I will be briefly in the stun, and I start moving as soon as I am released from it by the dot ticking on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    once you get paralyzed, hit the boss and run out. save an ability if you can or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimoos View Post
    As arms or protection, I always watch the paralyze spell get cast, and then hold my movement key - I will be briefly in the stun, and I start moving as soon as I am released from it by the dot ticking on me.
    Optimoos - is that to say you turn as soon as paralyze starts to cast, or you hold the movement key when you *are* paralyzed so that you are moving when released?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mryousmell View Post
    wow.. I registred JUST to comment on this. I play a warrior myself and i have tried this boss fight, so I understand everything.
    I understand you SUCK so fricking hard its unbelieveable. Your a disgrace and the reason HC pugs sucks.
    Before he casts shatter he casts paralyze, which you need to get off so that you can get away from shatter and not get 1 shotted.
    to this, you simply need a dot on the boss, as it will break the paralyze on you making you able to get away from the boss.
    You can do rend, or just have the dot up by your crits (hopefully you have picked deep wounds, noob?) to get the paralyze debuff of off you.
    I cant believe you havent figured this out yet!!??! go read some tactics if you dont know what to do.

YOU ARE A DISGRACE
    Wow, you're an asshole. Also you're wrong. The worst combination. Sigh.

@ salumon, your Paralyze will break automatically from the dot debuff you recieve from attacking him. Just begin running as soon as he cast paralyze and it'll all be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solumon View Post
    Optimoos - is that to say you turn as soon as paralyze starts to cast, or you hold the movement key when you *are* paralyzed so that you are moving when released?
    The latter - I watch paralyze cast, and once it is done and I am rooted in place I hold the movement button/key/whatever so I am moving as soon as it is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    As tank.

Turn him at 90º angles like this diagram, move on each ground slam to avoid the spike shockwave and alternate.

you1.........you2
    ......\......../......
    ........boss........
    ...... melee.......
    ..........|............
    ..........|...........
    ..........|...........
    ...range/healer..

He ALWAYS puts up the "Elementium Spike Shield" (it gives you a bleed dot from hitting him with melee attacks) before he casts shatter so you will always have your shatter broke within 1s of it stunning you, as a warrior I can give you a few key pointers on how to properly avoid his mechanics without endangering the rest of the group or yourself.

1) NEVER CHARGE/INTERCEPT boss, this has the nasty habit of putting you behind the boss turning him into the group and spells disaster if he casts ground slam(nearly always does immediatly after shatter) and kills the group.
    2) WAIT for shatter to start casting before you run backwards(Strafe run) or he will follow you a bit and this can cause range issues if you are not careful, just wait for the cast to start then strafe away and run back once it ends.
    3) DO NOT shield slam unless its just after a shatter and you know it won't dispel the "elementium bulwark" which is the ability that reflects casts and allows casters/healers(palas just melee boss) to dot themselves to break the paralysis.
    Last edited by Devlin1991; 2010-12-22 at 08:36 AM.

Weird, I didn't have a single problem, not hit by a shatter once, just moving out after paralyze, no need to even leap I was ahead of time. Shatter is only 8 yards I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    1) NEVER CHARGE/INTERCEPT boss, this has the nasty habit of putting you behind the boss turning him into the group and spells disaster if he casts ground slam(nearly always does immediatly after shatter) and kills the group.
    This is untrue for this boss, the mechanic you describe only ocurrs on mobs with a smaller hitbox as far as I can tell, I run away from this boss exactly as you describe, and I charge/intercept back every time always landing on the side I charged in from.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xexer View Post
    Paralyze is a magic debuff

Have it dispelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonix View Post
    There's a built in mechanic to remove it. No. Dispel isn't exactly cheap these days either and as a healer I would never go around the party dispel'n melee because they aren't doing their job (hitting the boss).
    This. If the mechanic is done right, the melee SHOULD have an auto-break to the paralyze. Some classes without dots (i.e. arcane mage) are priority to dispell on these fights. Paralyze, after ticking off, hits for 50k. That needs to be cleansed and we have to know the melee are doing the fight right and don't need our dispells. IMO.

Not sure how melee dps do but when tanking I just strafe as soon as he starts casting anything. Also when you have the paralyse debuff you know his next ability will come so just start strafing asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griefel View Post
    This is untrue for this boss, the mechanic you describe only ocurrs on mobs with a smaller hitbox as far as I can tell, I run away from this boss exactly as you describe, and I charge/intercept back every time always landing on the side I charged in from.
    I did this fight tonight for the first time on heroic and I encountered the problem Devlin warned of a few times. I just stopped charging in order to avoid it. I think it depends on the range you have when initiating charge. If you are a bit closer than you must be when you do the fight then you do indeed end up on the other side of him momentarily, invariably resulting in a ground slam on the group. If this is an issue for tanks I would just run back to the boss. He may get brought a few yards further away each time, but there is more than enough room to work with. Once i stopped charging the fight became cake.
    Last edited by shokter; 2010-12-22 at 01:10 PM.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I did this fight tonight for the first time on heroic and I encountered the problem Devlin warned of a few times. I just stopped charging in order to avoid it. I think it depends on the range you have when initiating charge. If you are a bit closer than you must be when you do the fight then you do indeed end up on the other side of him momentarily, invariably resulting in a ground slam on the group. If this is an issue for you I would just run back to the boss. He may get brought a few yards further away each time, but there is more than enough room to work with. Once i stopped charging the fight became cake.
    You can still Charge if you also begin moving/strafing backwards even before you finished charging. I found this to completely stop him from turning around.

I'm always surprised melees do not look for the "max hitbox" of a boss. I often see melees sticking extremely close to a boss because they believe they won't hit him if they step away a few yards.

Maybe you can gain 5/10 yards by trying that, if not already done ?

---------- Post added 2010-12-22 at 03:03 PM ----------

Remember with natural lag, you experience abilities a little later than hen they really occur.
    That's why you can get killed while escaping an aoe, because your real position is closer to the boss.
    That's why you can avoid an aoe if you're heading toward the boss (because your position is a little bit further).

TLDR : you can charge before the end of a cast and avoid both the aoe and the boss moving, because your real position on the server updates a few 10th of seconds after what you see on your screen.

he's bugged, sometimes he will turn WHILE CASTING GROUND SLAM and follow the tank, that's a bug

sometimes ground slam is a FRONTAL CONE and not the 8yd aoe on where the tank is WHEN HE STARTS CASTING

i've seen ranged get nailed by ground slam when he followed me and 1 shot my 180k hp tank, it's not intended

also, shatter has a 15yd range, it one shots casters at max range sometimes and has even gotten me when i was 25yds+ away (out of range of charge)

i've also seen him chain a ground slam after a shatter and 1 shot the ranged

he's very buggy and yesterday, he literally bugged all 20 attempts. shatter was also critting, but not supposed to, it's not supposed to hit for 150k either, but it does

ground slam is only an 8yd aoe, but sometimes it's a 20yd aoe, sometimes it's a 40yd frontal cone, etc

weird shit happens on the first SFK boss too, he'll sometimes cast archangel (steady aoe) WHILE asphyxiating you (drops you to 1 hp) which isn't intended and wipes groups 100% of the time

i imagine a lot of these bugs are part of the "emergency maintenance" they're doing right now

there are quite a few

---------- Post added 2010-12-22 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    You can still Charge if you also begin moving/strafing backwards even before you finished charging. I found this to completely stop him from turning around.
    if you're lucky, he's received 5 documented hotfixes since launch and is still not acting right.