Thread: Best PVP spec

Deleted

Best PVP spec

Hi, I'm wondering what people are speccing for PvP (mages only). I'm speccing arcane but I've heard that all 3 are good. What's everyone's opinions?

Frost for arena/BG, fire for bg with different flavour and lesser results, arcane for BG-s played against the team of 15 target dummies that let you freecast and come on this forum to cry about OP arcane blast after finding themselves dead after 6 minutes of afking while getting their pizza from delivery boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane is really good, if you know how to properly control you enemy via Polymorph Stuns/Slow/Counterspell

Frost has always been good for PvP, great control and great survivability. Kinda boring to me though.

Fire hasn't been good until now, honestly I still think it doesn't match up against Arcane\Frost but it is better than it's ever been.

Deleted
    I'm trying to get into pvp as a fros mage, but my epirienc is limited. Is it possible to get someone to post a frost pvp spec with glyphs that I can play with?

I would say arcane. Control has increased significantly. Spec into the stun from polymorph, glyph invis too trust me it helps if you go invis you can run like crazy, and glyph evo too. Worth it in bgs you can't sit to eat/drink.

Remember you have your free slow, but you also still have frost nova for some added control. Counterspell gives you a free instant silence.

Typical strategy against frost mages very easy to beat. They will go for the deep freeze as soon as possible. They will typically freeze with pet, then go for deep freeze. Blink out of it immediately. This will give you some range. If it's a duel/arena you should have had mage ward up already. If it's a bg you should have had it up since rez. That will absorb the pets damage. After the blink out of deepfreeze. Save arcane power till after you do an insta morph. They will go down really quick.

Fire mage only has one thing to worry about and that's disorient, nothing else they do is going to be a danger. If it's a duel they will let there second life kick in. Still it should be easy.

just general tips
    always remember you have spell steal and silence. Both are instant and well worth using.

Paladins- always spell steal wings, don't ever let them have it. Always ss hand of freedom same with wings that buff should always be yours. Without those the only problem you will have is from holy. This is where you will need to chain cc. Silence/instamorph gives you a full 8 seconds of them doing nothing. Even then it's going to be tough. Keep hitting on them and try to stay out of range. Prot is also rough with the ranged silence. You can silence them back though. Keep them slowed as much as possible.

Warriors are surprisingly tough for me. They have great cc, charge stun etc. This one would be easier as frost.

Rogues remember when to use your blink, iceblock, and your frost nova. The trick is to keep them from going stealth. If they reset the fight you have evocation, but you also have invis that can help you get away.

Warlocks I can't beat. We can silence but they have a few fears, and some stuns. It's brutal.

Hunters, if they are BM,MM it's easy. You will win this hands down. If they are survival keep your mage ward up, and remember don't cast ever while they have the spinning wrenches.

Haven't fought any shamans yet.

Priest can be dangerous, silence, 2 fears, try to steal their bubble and keep them shut down.

Druids, feral won't be as tough as the QQ on these forums make it out to be. Try to time your arcane explosion to catch them. If you can get one out of stealth it's over. Don't let him catch you with his skull crack. If it's a duel he will open up with a feral charge. So if you are dueling he will go stealth wait about half a second then arcane explosion. If it's boomkin shut him down just like a mage. He will try to instant root/solar beam you. You can iceblock while silenced though so this isn't an issue. He will probably blow all of his cooldowns while this is happening. So just ignore it while you are in ib then when you are out finish him. Morph won't work, but if you get him to switch out to heal you can insta morph him. After that it's over he won't be able to do anything but take it. If it's resto...same as any healer.

Dks...if they are blood it's probably going to end with you dead. Just my experience. I can slaughter unholy/frost with ease. Frost is really easy because I absorb some of his damage and the rest I can negate. They can copy most everything you do, it's only 8 seconds though so wait it out. Or give him a mirror image, it's bugged somewhat for melee right now. So if he gets your mirror image it's kind of wasted on him.

Not sure if I forgot anything. This is all just my experience, and I will openly admit it is very limited.

problem with fire and arcane is survivability imo. its the main reason why frost shines.

frost is going to get nerfed in some way the jury is still out. i'm thinking about going elemental frost mage soon pickiing up the fire blast stun instead of going into Arcane. biggest loss would be no improved CS, but that stun was so huge when i played fire i've got to try it. also going to miss the blink run speed if i do it which i like a lot more than blazing speed.
    Last edited by candyass; 2010-12-28 at 05:07 PM.