Was Arthas Beyond Redemption?

Because Tirion Destroys his heart with the ashbringer in a quest chain in icecrown? is that why he is past the point of redemption?

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 02:40 PM ----------

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13403 (Tirion's Gambit is the quest name)
    For The Horde! Loktar Friends Proudly Horde since Day 1!

Pretty much the reason you stated

I'm pretty sure he was well behind the point of redemption before that, and destroying it just sealed the deal.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

chris metzen also stated at blizzcon 2010 that they wont be making a redemtion story for arthas

If you paid attention during the destruction, you'd hear Tirion discussing how he was beyond redemption anyways, which was WHY he destroyed the heart. By carving out his own heart, Arthas had severed his final tear to humanity, and was therefore too far gone for even the glory of the Light to save him. Therefore, Tirion came to the decision that he must be destroyed. By destroying his heart, they gained a distinct advantage--if you also noticed, Arthas was weakened--roughly 80% of his HP flies out the window when the heart went "BOOM" .

Quote Originally Posted by krematoa View Post
    chris metzen also stated at blizzcon 2010 that they wont be making a redemtion story for arthas
    He's not asking if they would make a redemption story, nor is he asking why won't they. He's asking if Arthas truly was beyond redemption, or if it COULD have been done--it's not a "QQ I WANT THE OLD LICH KING BACK THE NEW ONE TASTES LIKE SOOT AND POO"

So then when the Lich King died, and Arthas talked to his father...did He join the Light (aka go to heaven)? Or, did he go to WoWs hell?
    Ive always wondered this since I killed him 9 months ago
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Deleted
    Well, Arthas throw his heart away, because he didn't need it.
    That makes him beyond redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lich King
    Father....is it....over...?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Terenas Menethil
    No king rules forever, my son.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lich King
    I see....only....darkness...before...me... *Dies*
    I'd say he went to WoW-Hell.
    Last edited by Xiar; 2010-12-21 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted
    He was evil before he became the Lich King.
    I'd say: Yes, beyond redemption...
    Unléss... We implement a DnD 3.5 spell that fórces him to become redeemed. :P

He wasn't beyond redeeming, but would it be worth it? I believe Tirion weighed the life of one man against the world and decided that Arthas wasn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by krematoa View Post
    They also said they'd never do a paid faction change, or race change, or re-customisation. But hey, they're slaves to Activision now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if he was redeemed, chances are the people wouldn't accept him. To them, he was the Lich King. There was no way his story would have had a happy ending. And to be frank, it would be way to cliché if he did. His death was for the best, however regrettable you do or don't think it was.

i just will always have a soft spot for him after reading his book
    For The Horde! Loktar Friends Proudly Horde since Day 1!

I beleive that arthas is completely beyond any form or redemption or forgivness he killed millions trying to stop a curse which he himself then fell into

Would you want to redeem him, only for him to have the burden of hundreds of thousands of souls? Think about that. As he was once a Paladin of the Light, he would be in constant anguish over the deaths he needlessly caused. I think by defeating him, it was the most merciful thing we could do for the man the Lich King once was.

I like to think that there was a little bit of him left and that he overpowered the Lich King mentally.
    This specific line:
    The Lich King yells: You trained them well, Fordring. You delivered the greatest fighting force this world has ever known... right into my hands -- exactly as I intended. You shall be rewarded for your unwitting sacrifice.
    makes me think that.