(Work in progress) (If this posted twice whoops, I wasn't logged in when I submitted it the first time)

So you've reached level 85 on your priest and have trained Leap of Faith. There are two common initial reactions to the spell that I've gathered and they are "well this is cool, I guess," or "I'll never use this." It's an understated ability to be sure: Every 90 seconds, you have the ability to pull someone in your party to your priest. A better way of thinking about lifegrip is that every 90 seconds, you are entirely in control of another player character's position, and that's where the fun comes in.

Mechanics of Lifegrip: From what I can tell it functions a little differently than deathgrip in terms of legitimate locations to pull another player to. The litmus test I've found for successful gripping is to imagine a line from your player to the intended gripee and to think "Can they reach my location via walking with a maximum exception of one jump?" If the answer is yes, you can probably lifegrip them. Otherwise if you're standing on certain objects in the game, they'll drop below you or the grip will completely fail (but waste a cooldown) if you're unpathable. I also believe Lifegrip can be used on stunned targets but not rooted ones and I'll double check that. (I'll provide photo locations for examples in a revision)

Intended use: There's a boss with an aoe ability that telegraphs the attack and still one of the members of your group has tunnel vision and ignores all necessary cues! Feel the rush of exhilaration as you target them with alacrity and precision unknown to you before as you pull them out of the fire! The first time lifegrip saves someone is certain to be memorable. They'll probably thank you after the fight's over. No wait... why are they running back towards certain doom? Argh.

Lifegripping will almost always end up this way: if you have to use it legitimately, they're still probably going to end up killing themselves. One still can't heal willful ignorance

Other uses:

These are the ways I use up my Leap of Faith cooldown. I'm sure there are many more ways to be discovered, but these are the ones I use frequently.

The basic grief: The second thought in a priest's mind after getting Leap of Faith probably goes something like this: "Man, I could easily kill someone's character with this."

And yes, you can. The problem is you also will kill yourself as it's based on the priest's position at the time. That is, unless you're playing a shadow priest in which case dispersion's a get out of jail free card. End boss of Vortex Pinnacle? Pull them out of the grounding cage. First boss of Throne of the Tides? Pull them into a spout or a water tornado. If there's an aoe kill everything gimmick you can willingly put someone in its path. Third boss in Grim Batol? Pull them into the fire elemental spawn. The possibilities are endless. The problem is it's obvious.

"Subtler" griefs:

Killing someone with Lifegrip in such an overt manner is bound to call attention to you whether it be in a pug or a guild raid. The trick is to either look like it was an accident or do it in such a way that the blame is shifted. Pulling a tank with lifegrip into an aoe trap is one thing, but consider other possibilities such as pulling the healer away from the tank while they're nearly dead. Not only will a critical spell be interrupted, but they'll be out of range if you've done it properly. Another trick is to use gimmicks such as the third boss in Grim Batol again against other members of your party. Pulling someone with the fire elemental on them near the tank will probably freak them out and cause an explosion (provided no one's controlling that elemental properly). Pull the healer upwind on the second boss of Vortex. Pull the living bomb in deadmines back to the group. Pull the person standing in front of the channeled beam on the second boss in BRC. Or better yet, pull them back into the beam where they evolve and then blame the fear. Experimentation is key!

Waking people up

Let's suppose it's 3am and that your group has been wiping on a boss for a few times now thanks to you pulling the tank into harm's way. People are tired and they want to log but they really want a piece of loot that only drops from this boss. Lifegrip, I've found, freaks people out if they don't expect it or at least makes them laugh. Position yourself ahead of everyone with inner will's run speed after a wipe and lifegrip whoever you think is the sleepiest. Anecdotal evidence in play but it should wake them up! If not, consider the next section.

The Trick Shot

There are many chasms and platforms in Cataclysm dungeons: The center pit of Grim Batol, the stairwells of Shadowfang Keep, the elevator of Halls of Origination, and the galewinds of Vortex Pinnacle. You can pull people across them as per the litmus test as theoretically they could walk to where you are. One second your target is heading back from a wipe, the next they're suddenly Evel Knieval. On the elevator of HoO, send it back down and then grip people across the chasm left. It's impossible to grip someone onto the elevator as it's moving sadly. These are just a few I've discovered and I'm sure there are more trick shots than these.

Sabotage

This is another grief but instead of killing people and wiping the group, it's a system of waging war on an individual within said group. Maybe it's someone who constantly recounts their DPS for the last fight or a healer that's always whining or a tank being arrogant. The point is they've done something you don't like and you want to do something about it. Healers and tanks are easily dealt with via mucking about with positioning or distance but with dps there are a couple of options to consider. The first is if they're melee dps: pulling them 40 yard from the boss is easily going to ruin their rotation and their numbers as they make up the distance dashing back to the boss. If all they care about is having the biggest numbers, then this can easily set them off. The second, if they're ranged, is to use lifegrip to either pull them to the boss so they have to run back out, or if they have a complicated or set rotation like I believe affliction warlocks and arcane mages have. Screw them out of one part, and they have to begin anew.

More revisions to come. Until then, I hope whoever reads this enjoyed it somewhat.