Thread: RuneScape

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well...it's finally all back
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    I kinda miss the good old runescape (back in 05/06) those were the glory days,staking party hats and hweens mask.luring idiots into the wildnerss,teleblocking green dragon slayers just for fun....doing KQ for dchain. Just seems the game is complete drool fest...I might actually start playing again just to see if any of my old friends still play.
    You can actually do all that again.

Gold in Runescape is still inflated. I wouldn't be able to jump into the economy right away. I heard 1000 gold back then is like 1 million now.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    Gold in Runescape is still inflated. I wouldn't be able to jump into the economy right away. I heard 1000 gold back then is like 1 million now.
    Define "back then". Compared to when I played it (approx. ~3 years ago) the prices are around the same now, surprisingly enough. A set of full rune or a bunch of lobsters/swordfish still goes for only ~10-20% more or less than what it went for all those years ago. I'm amazed how it's managed to do that though - somehow the supply/demand ratio have both increased at a stable rate, which is neat.

Now if you're talking about RS Classic...then that's another story.

Still, the RS economy never ceases to amaze me considering the entire game revolves around money. You could write BOOKS on how the cash flows between skills, pking, consumables, etc and how the prices fluctuate over time XD
    I remember when people even "employed" others like miners/fishermen under them to give them a reliable source of income, so you have stuff like wholesale prices and mark-ups, profit margins, etc :O
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-02-13 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck. That. Game.

Waaaaaaaayyyyy to much life wasted. I completely regret it.

/cry

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Define "back then". Compared to when I played it (approx. ~3 years ago) the prices are around the same now, surprisingly enough. A set of full rune or a bunch of lobsters/swordfish still goes for only ~10-20% more or less than what it went for all those years ago. I'm amazed how it's managed to do that though - somehow the supply/demand ratio have both increased at a stable rate, which is neat.

Now if you're talking about RS Classic...then that's another story.

Still, the RS economy never ceases to amaze me considering the entire game revolves around money. You could write BOOKS on how the cash flows between skills, pking, consumables, etc and how the prices fluctuate over time XD
    I remember when people even "employed" others like miners/fishermen under them to give them a reliable source of income, so you have stuff like wholesale prices and mark-ups, profit margins, etc :O
    6 years ago when I played. It wasn't classic.. it was Runescape 2 before the HD update.

Actually, closer to 7 years ago than 6.

Never actually played Runescape, ive heard terrible, terrible things, and then i`ve heard awesome things from people claiming its the best game ever, but i never got around to trying it, should i ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Never actually played Runescape, ive heard terrible, terrible things, and then i`ve heard awesome things from people claiming its the best game ever, but i never got around to trying it, should i ? :P
    It was alright back before WoW but it is a big grind to level. I recommend it if your looking for a free to play game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berteh View Post
    Fuck. That. Game.

Waaaaaaaayyyyy to much life wasted. I completely regret it.

/cry
    Will you say the same about WoW in a few years time?

WTF?! im going back to runescape! EFF WOW

Runescape was my first ever MMO. I played it for around two years back between...04-06? That was back when there was Wildy and free trade. I think I quit because the game is SOOOOOOO grindy. 99 Woodcutting took so god dam long.

Anyways, the game was loads of fun to try and make money on World 2.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Aendos View Post
    I think I quit because the game is SOOOOOOO grindy.
    That's probably why I only spent my time on leveling combat stats, especially range
    PvP was the only reason I played that game, you could say it got pretty hardcore when some people start roaming around in equipment worth several million in wilderness :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey....I'll trim your armor for the low price of 10,000 Gil
    Goochy

Quote Originally Posted by Goochy View Post
    Hey....I'll trim your armor for the low price of 10,000 Gil
    Free gem cutting! (Funny thing was, I would do this all the time, decent way to level up crafting)

I played RS many many, many years ago. I only ever got the combat level up to ~80, before I simply gave up. My fondest memories, were sitting right outside the wilderness, selling overpriced food to people in need of it in a hurry.

I myself rarely went in the wilderness though, I was way too afraid I'd lose all of the armor and weapons I worked for.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    That's probably why I only spent my time on leveling combat stats, especially range
    PvP was the only reason I played that game, you could say it got pretty hardcore when some people start roaming around in equipment worth several million in wilderness :P
    It's the same reason I play. The only reason I have non combat skills is because of the quest I need for proper pking. [=