Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    by the time most of people get it, it will be obsolete <sadface>

  2. #222
    97th troll, 298th over all solve. Got mine last night... GL.

  3. #223
    Herald of the Titans Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    2,963
    I'm trying to get the doll for my resto sham... anyone had any luck with that one?

  4. #224
    been trying for dwarf staff. no luck, i did however get the scimittar of sirocco... and i dont have any end game meelee toons >_<.

  5. #225
    Got sword after 10th solve,same deal with Tol'vir ring... took me 196 solves after i completed 6 night elf rares.. and finally trinket appeared Pretty lucky with first 2 tho

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    The more you farm, the overall chance of you getting it do increase. As shown in the graph that other guy linked. It will never reach 100% but it is darn close. If it is so obvious you would have got it just from reading at what the other guy is saying.

    edit: "the more you farm the higher the chances will be that you will see a drop" That is what that person said. This is completely true. He never stated that the next drop will have a higher chance. Just that the "the higher then chances will be that you will see a drop". As I have shown, through probability, that is true. That means you were ridiculing someone for something that is totally not what he is saying making you either a) dumb, b) misinformed or c) just can't read.
    yeah sorry haha guess i mis read cos I thought everyone on this planet is smart enough and obvious enough to know that solving two artifacts have a greater chance of obtaining it then solving one artifact... my bad LOL

    edit: please do not call me dumb i'm badly hurt now and I am going to make a complaint! this forum has many times warn users to not troll others, and as you've abused me as a dumb/iliterate, I am going to report you! please sir leave me alone!

    ---------- Post added 2010-12-27 at 01:06 PM ----------

    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ i got the staff of thane tharrisan.... zzz where's my sword
    Last edited by SushiBarrel; 2010-12-27 at 01:49 AM.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by SushiBarrel View Post
    yeah sorry haha guess i mis read cos I thought everyone on this planet is smart enough and obvious enough to know that solving two artifacts have a greater chance of obtaining it then solving one artifact... my bad LOL

    edit: please do not call me dumb i'm badly hurt now and I am going to make a complaint! this forum has many times warn users to not troll others, and as you've abused me as a dumb/iliterate, I am going to report you! please sir leave me alone!

    ---------- Post added 2010-12-27 at 01:06 PM ----------

    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ i got the staff of thane tharrisan.... zzz where's my sword
    I gave you 3 options. It is not my fault you chose a).

  8. #228
    I got it on my first solve guildies who were farming and were up to like 60 fliped

  9. #229
    Total artifacts
    Dwarf: 85
    Fossil: 42
    Night Elf: 12
    Troll: 120
    Vrykul: 6


  10. #230
    The Patient Xeley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    264
    Called it a night at 124 Solves. No sword yet.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by axi0m View Post
    Roughly 5+ hours a day for 9 days now. I've accumulated every Dwarf Rare, Fossil Rare, and even a Vykrul rare hunting for this thing.

    My biggest problem has been a lack of troll sites popping, I solve on average 7 fossil/dwarf artifacts for every 1 troll.

    It's getting immensely frustrating.

    What is even more frustrating is a Warlock in our guild got it as their like second or third rare solve... they also don't even have an alt that can even use it.
    I'd highly suggest using an alt to farm, as I'm guessing you've been 525 for a while. I faced the same issue, I kept getting dwarf and fossil and once in a while I'll get some troll digsites. Now that I'm farming on my DK alt with <450 skill, I'm seeing a lot more troll dig sites pop up without having to deal with Twilight Highland digsites and I plan to keep archaeology surpressed at 375 until I decide to chain solve.

  12. #232
    152 troll solves and counting. I did get the Tol'vir BoA ring though, and I'm betting that's far more rare. Not exactly useful for my main though.

  13. #233
    Release Saturday, 11th Dec.

  14. #234
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,746
    i cant even bring myself to level this horrible profession past 200

    its just a total timesink and most of the time you only get trash for the vendor... what motivation!

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by ghul View Post
    i cant even bring myself to level this horrible profession past 200

    its just a total timesink and most of the time you only get trash for the vendor... What motivation!
    ^^^^
    this!

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    I'd highly suggest using an alt to farm, as I'm guessing you've been 525 for a while. I faced the same issue, I kept getting dwarf and fossil and once in a while I'll get some troll digsites. Now that I'm farming on my DK alt with <450 skill, I'm seeing a lot more troll dig sites pop up without having to deal with Twilight Highland digsites and I plan to keep archaeology surpressed at 375 until I decide to chain solve.
    This is really key advice if you're going for the long term farming outlook. Though it is totally ok to skill to 445 if you feel like it, as it will not affect the appearance of TH digsites.

    For those curious, saving every troll fragment (about 900 so far) and leveling off Dorf / Fossil / NE in EK I have managed to Archaeology level my shaman from 80 to 82 + 3 bubbles by 375 skill. 375 is also the magical number that the Dwarf Exploration racial really kicks in changing the number of Fragments received to 3/5/7 instead of 3/4/5/6. It basically bumps all the 4s to 5s and all the 6s to 7s.

    I'm currently at 98 troll solves on my DK main, and decided that if I was going to be grinding for a week, I might as well get xp from it. Let me tell you, psychologically speaking, it makes Fossil sites a lot more bearable when you get 9625xp a swing at 82!

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    You are the one who do not understand probability or at the least do not understand what the person you quoted is saying. Yes the chance of each individual solve being Zin'Rokh is always the same. Lets assume it is 1%. However doing more does increase the overall probability in the long run. So with 1% chance of you getting it. That means there is a 99% chance of you not getting it. Over a thousand solves the consecutive chance of you not getting it is .99^1000 which is a tiny chance.
    true, a good idea would be gathering fragments for multiple solves (i.e 500), so a chance of getting it would increase per mass-solve ;P

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    I'd highly suggest using an alt to farm, as I'm guessing you've been 525 for a while. I faced the same issue, I kept getting dwarf and fossil and once in a while I'll get some troll digsites. Now that I'm farming on my DK alt with <450 skill, I'm seeing a lot more troll dig sites pop up without having to deal with Twilight Highland digsites and I plan to keep archaeology surpressed at 375 until I decide to chain solve.
    That's pretty sound advice. I'll give it a shot.

  19. #239
    i went 525 , created 2 troll items and BOEM founded

  20. #240
    Continuing on my mage instead, my current stats:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •