Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ...
2
42
50
51
52
53
54
... LastLast
  1. #1021
    im up to around 200 solves and no sign of it yet /sigh

  2. #1022
    And yet you could have an equal sword with 15 arena wins in 2v2...
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  3. #1023
    There is a very plausible theory out there that the distribution of solves before getting Zin'rokh is going to show a minor bimodal distribution, because the game does not allow you to duplicate a common solve until you have solved all commons within the race. What that means is that as you increase the number of common solves you have done, but have not yet done all, you are maximizing your chances on each solve to get Zin'rokh, because if the game rolls a common solve you already have, it will roll again (this could very plausibly happen repeatedly if you have most of your commons done already but not all).

    That kind of explains why you tend to see people claiming they got it very early, and others have solved hundreds of times without seeing it, your chance of seeing it on any given solve increases until you have every troll common, then it plummets. Since it doesn't seem that you can actually dump archaeology and re-level it, the best advice would be to re-level arch on an alt on the same account to try to get it.

  4. #1024
    got it on my ret pally two months ago at 480 arch, took about a day and a half of leveling arch.

  5. #1025
    Field Marshal Talizora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Whisperwind, bitches.
    Posts
    94
    84 solves for me for troll. /goes insane and stabs people.

    ---------- Post added 2011-04-17 at 10:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    There is a very plausible theory out there that the distribution of solves before getting Zin'rokh is going to show a minor bimodal distribution, because the game does not allow you to duplicate a common solve until you have solved all commons within the race. What that means is that as you increase the number of common solves you have done, but have not yet done all, you are maximizing your chances on each solve to get Zin'rokh, because if the game rolls a common solve you already have, it will roll again (this could very plausibly happen repeatedly if you have most of your commons done already but not all).

    That kind of explains why you tend to see people claiming they got it very early, and others have solved hundreds of times without seeing it, your chance of seeing it on any given solve increases until you have every troll common, then it plummets. Since it doesn't seem that you can actually dump archaeology and re-level it, the best advice would be to re-level arch on an alt on the same account to try to get it.

    =_='' are you serious? I dont want to relevel this shit on a non-mage. I dont see how RNG-gods would favore a person who does not have all the commons. Youd think after you have all the commons it would be like "Hey this person has all but this one thing LETS GIVE THEM THAT" Its random so how would doing it on some other person help?

  6. #1026
    The Patient Xeley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And yet you could have an equal sword with 15 arena wins in 2v2...
    Lolwat?

    Don't troll. Same iLvl =/= Item just as good

    EDIT: 839 Troll Solves now..

  7. #1027
    Quote Originally Posted by Talizora View Post
    =_='' are you serious? I dont want to relevel this shit on a non-mage. I dont see how RNG-gods would favore a person who does not have all the commons. Youd think after you have all the commons it would be like "Hey this person has all but this one thing LETS GIVE THEM THAT" Its random so how would doing it on some other person help?
    The reason doing it on an alt would help is because having not already solved all the commons, if this theory is correct (that the game just re-rolls if you duplicate a common solve before completing all commons within a race), the more commons you have already solved (short of having solved all of them), then more likely the game will have to re-roll to get you your next solve. That means that your chance of getting any given rare as a solve increases with each common solve within a race, until you have solved all of them.

    This is not exactly rocket science, it's just the consequence of them possibly designing the selection of solves as a simple roll with a re-roll if necessary, instead of doing it as a probability problem with replacement (which is how one would intuitively assume it would work). I don't think it's totally understood which method the game uses to decide your solves, but there's some very strong anecdotal evidence for the method I'm describing.

    Here is one of many explanations out there if you need more information:
    http://wowdigsite.com/guides/rares-explained/
    Last edited by underdogba; 2011-04-19 at 12:08 AM.

  8. #1028
    Quite a while, been grinding EK for troll and dwarf epics, but thankfully I dont't have a char that is waiting for them, it's more because I am anal and have to get them .

  9. #1029
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    There is a very plausible theory out there that the distribution of solves before getting Zin'rokh is going to show a minor bimodal distribution, because the game does not allow you to duplicate a common solve until you have solved all commons within the race. What that means is that as you increase the number of common solves you have done, but have not yet done all, you are maximizing your chances on each solve to get Zin'rokh, because if the game rolls a common solve you already have, it will roll again (this could very plausibly happen repeatedly if you have most of your commons done already but not all).

    That kind of explains why you tend to see people claiming they got it very early, and others have solved hundreds of times without seeing it, your chance of seeing it on any given solve increases until you have every troll common, then it plummets. Since it doesn't seem that you can actually dump archaeology and re-level it, the best advice would be to re-level arch on an alt on the same account to try to get it.
    I started releveling arch on my pally today and got a duplicate common almost right away.

  10. #1030
    Mechagnome Synbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Thunderdome
    Posts
    668
    The whole duplicate common artifact theory is definately not true. 400 troll solves and still no sword...
    What doesn't destroy us, only makes us stranger

  11. #1031
    A bit over 300 and still going, my sanity's slowly fading.
    Code:
    while (flamingPeople)
    {
         ePenis++;
    }

  12. #1032
    Mechagnome Resania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sweden, skåne
    Posts
    536
    Guys here's a tip stop doing arch, farm gold the same amount of time, go to a good guild on your server, pay them to boost you in a heroic raid and tada ;D

    No but got it while leveling arch on wrong server and on my mains server I'm at about 150 troll solves and haven't seen it yet.
    WarCry [A] 25m - Auchindoun EU
    14/14 Heroic SoO - See below what we're recruiting

  13. #1033
    I wish I hadn't read this thread. I'm at about 100 troll solves, and I'm already slitting my wrists over all the god damn fossil dig sites in EK. After reading some replies in this thread I feel like giving up

  14. #1034
    i gave up at 94 troll solves, i should have given up at 1, cause archy is a big waste of time.
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland

  15. #1035
    im at 273 atm, but as said in post up im doing arch max 2h per week if i get in the mood to get even more bored

  16. #1036
    can i ask a question? I dont know the numbers, only rumor. I've heard that the % of troll on EK is the same as the % of NE on kalimdor. is that true?

    I have over 1100 NE ((1014 solves past 100% NE)) and the only reason i keep farming Kalimdor is for Tol'vir.

    Just curious about the math, anyone have the % for Kal vs. EK?

  17. #1037
    Been farmin it about 1 month+ and currently sitting on 301 solves, no sword. Usually I store the fragments till about 200 and solve it altogether and each time will bring me about 7-8 solves provided with sufficient tablets

  18. #1038
    You Are At 1178 Troll Solves and 29450 Troll Frags. (99.7% Chance)

  19. #1039
    The Patient Xeley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    264
    And there we go... I finally gave up.

    Ashkandi finally dropped after weeks of having Nefarian on farm and while hating myself for doing it I decided to take Ashkandi and drop Zin'Rokh.

    Hi, 863 Troll Solves worth of time. Thanks for wasting my time..

  20. #1040
    Id like to meet the sadist that designed this profession .
    103 troll solves ..
    its getting disheartening at this point .
    Its horrible to farm something when you have no idea if it will pop up after the next solve or the next 50 solves :S

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •