Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A guy in my guild wanted Zin'rokh. He farmed Kalimdor to get his archaeology up, and saved his troll tablets. He even had a small stockpile of troll fragments so he could power through a few solves as soon as he hit 450.

Well, his VERY FIRST TROLL PROJECT after he hit 450 was Zin'rokh. Now he's got 38 troll tablets he can't sell and all the other tanks in the guild hate him.

Deleted
    Took me WAY too long to get this... Took me about 20 solves.

got it after about 50 solves. Replaced it within 2 weeks with the Vicious axe for pvp and the mace off magmaw for tanking. Switched from ret to holy on my pally, and now, i have no clue what toon i have it stored on! hahahahaahahahaha!

15+ Year Old Account
    Im sittin at 64 solves and nothin yet but, thats rng for ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it after 50 solves. The only problem is that I don't need it at all. All my chars are casters >.>

Deleted
    never got it, or the aq mount, sucks just gave up.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I have 250 troll solves and no sword. The patch hit, and what do I get after my first solve on patch, the stupid haunted drum. All I wanted was the sword, but that just killed it for me. I'm done with archeology, the rng is destroying my soul
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Was my 25th solve or something, got it at xmas eve, Santa must love me :>

gave up in mid January. I'd rather watch paint dry than force myself to get something I have no longer any need for

Quote Originally Posted by Severas View Post
    You Are At 1178 Troll Solves and 29450 Troll Frags. (99.7% Chance)
    how do people get this information, is there a macro or a addon i have to download to get this?

Deleted
    Just solved my 300 and nothing. Will try abit more......

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    So I have 250 troll solves and no sword. The patch hit, and what do I get after my first solve on patch, the stupid haunted drum. All I wanted was the sword, but that just killed it for me. I'm done with archeology, the rng is destroying my soul
    The same happened to me. It's like the game is taunting me. I got my professor title from that solve and now I'm done with this "profession" for good.

Hundreds of solves...15 rares and no sword...blizzard hates me no matter how much money ive given them....have the vicious greatsword
    Now...the three weeks I spent farming for that was a huge frustrating waste of life.. don't make the same mistake I did...invest time in something that will reward you ...
    85 druid | 85 priest | 85 mage | 85 warrior | 80 rogue | 80 Death Knight | 80 Shaman

Hello fellow Zin'hunters

Your post's fed, encouraged and dismayed me these past two months, for i too thought I could take on the destroyer of worlds, but alas it's defeated me. Well defeated the hardcore-player in me at least and my DK.

500 troll solves no Zin rohk

as a melee I did get "lucky" and popped the staff (dwarf solve 184, when my troll solves were at 240 ish), /rolls eyes
    but this isnt about dwaves its about trolls and time.

So id like to start out saying that the (much-lower chance) holds up pretty good in EK since 4.1 hit I've gone multiple times 7+ troll site chains, and with an average arch time of 6 hours a day it would take 2 days to fill up dwarf's 200 frag limit.

Some light history on my wow career, I love this sword I hail from vannila's era, was in a guild that could only ever field 20 mans and even tho I played a caster at the time the sword still made me drop a jaw. Further more my vannila-guild's greatest achievement was downing Hakkar, this was after months of doing ZG (high turn over guild thanks to the big 40 man guilds ninja-ing our good or recently geared players with temptations of phat-er loot, but our core-raiders and die hard guildies persevered and downed him and oh the vent crys of vctory still make me smile to this day.

I had hoped I could carry that guild's legacy by attaining this sword and championing cataclysm with it, but with 4.2 on the not so distant horizon and 4.2's (359 (ilvl) vendor goods) Zin'Rohk is imo worthless as even an alt could spend a week or two doing the dailies and pick up a 359 rather then spend months rolling arch dice.

PS

500 solves, gives you ample time to reflect on what your doing, also gives you time to read all sorts of wild things (alternate media sites like disinfo.com dprogram.net and zerohedge.com halfpasthuman.com) /tinfoilhat

Sure its all RNG but man those players getting Zin at the altar of Hakkar are something else

Some weird generalities i gleamed from forums:
    Classes that desire these items (359's) won't see them (melee wont see zin, casters wont see the doll or ring, mount collectors wont see their mount) (except for those lucky and proc in less then 100 range)

but they will see their antonym like i got the staff easy, other melee get the doll easy, people wanting the boy emperor get the mount its sick really, the best advice i seen was roll the class opposite the item you want and you'll get it and i hold this unverified statement as truth.

In closing i've scaled back my archeology, too two solves a day, and will be doing so till 5.0 good luck to everyone else who keep on trucking!

TL: DR go for zin till 200 ish solves then move on and forget it
    Last edited by Snurf; 2011-05-02 at 01:20 AM. Reason: added TL :DR emoticon correction :S

i started it on my paladin on the first day of cata got 525 on the second day now im sitting at 125 troll solves with nothing.
    i leveld in only one place eastren kingdoms so that i could get my hands on the staff frm dwaves none of them so far

Deleted
    On and off since launch, Archaeology grinds my gears so much I continue to just do it in spates, then stop completely for a while. The only things I really really wanted were Yogg's Puzzle Box and the sword. Just got Yogg's box as next Nerubian solve (yay for lowered chance at Vrykul, having solved everything there I can see the increase on other sites), several hundred troll solves and no joy there so far, though I do have War Drum as next solve.

Got this around my 250th troll solve, Worth the grind easily.
    check out my blog for some gold making tips
    http://anaalius.com/

Also Follow me on Twitter at
    http://twitter.com/anaalius/

Deleted
    Did 300+troll artifacts easily, and still no luck.. pretty much gave up around then since i was damn certain it just wasnt going to show itself! All in all around some solid grinding which well, was a total waste of time.. what makes it even worse was it was before they increased the prices of the items :< Never touched arch again! 8)

Deleted
    I'm crying atm, I have done over 200 artifacts and still no sword, the WoW gods truly hates me, then again i have killed a couple of them.

About 120 solves now still nothing.
    Last sunday i FINALLY got a Troll rare ... cause blizz decided it was funny to add 2 rares to Troll.
    Yesterday got the other one. So still no Zink'Rokh :S