Thread: Stop QQ

Stop QQ

First of all, this is not a QQ thread. It's more about me wondering why people QQ, and that I would like to have an honest answer from those.

When I log on MMO champ to check forums, almost all I see is whine threads. It might be wrong but that's what captures the eye. It's everything from;" HC's are too hard=nerfbat", " Make 359 epics drop from heroics" to "remove trash from instances".
    I can see why people want epics, they are "epic-horney" or whatever word you might think fits in better. But why would they want the HC's easier? And why would people even consider removing the trash from instances? Ye I'm not that dumb and I can see it from different perspectives (can't pug blabla. everybody sucks, takes 30 min to get into dungeon then 90% of the time I kill trash if i'm not kicked before we even start).

But IMO, or as I understood it, blizz have just given us another "tier" of PvE content that you must do before entering raids. Do normal dungeons (they are about the same difficulty lvl as HC's was in WotLK), when you have gear for Heroics you do Heroics. And when you maxed out your gear, which shouldn't take that long, took me about 5 days from release I think, try getting your guildmates do the same or encourage them to do it if they don't, or just simply get a new guild who has players of the same dedication as you. And yes as I read many other people say, get a guild if you wanna do Hc's at the moment, and I think it's true somewhat. I don't really get the point of getting the gear (ye it might be fun to do the instances, but I doubt that people think so since they are complaining something enormously on everything that has to do with them) when you don't have a guild, are you gonna pug the raids aswell? Because I can tell you right away that you won't be able to do that in a near future, at least not more than the first bosses. I did Omnitron last night and we had one shaman ruining it for all because he simply sucked, attacked the same target when everybody else switched, ran in with lazzzzerbeam into the mana"void zones" and shit. Yes, he was extreme, but if you don't know the tacts your probably not gonna raid for a while. Just putting it out there so everybody knows Which probably looots of you already does, but anyways.

So why do people play? I'm assuming you don't think it's fun since you want to nerf everything so you just can run through it all, which would result in that's there's no challenge at all, which kind of would be like a, i don't know, super mario game? -.- (ye they are enjoyable but you buy them because they bring 4-6 hours of joy or something like that until you finished it).

I hope you understood my text and that I can get an honest answer from people that are complaining.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it seems people dont QQ but QQ about QQing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really one of the QQers, but heres my insight into it. Bad players will always reflect their badness onto other things. I think Ghostcrawler said something like that, and its true. Right now, they're reflecting it onto the game itself. They can't handle CC, or difficult boss mechanics, or heroics that require a bit of patience. Instead of getting a guild to fix the 40 minute queues and bad players, they instead choose to ignore this possible solution like they ignore raid mechanics, and continue to put themselves into situations that they don't like that cause them to QQ. They feel that if they QQ enough, things will get nerfed and they will get easy purplez and can feel like they aren't bad at this game.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2010-12-21 at 10:36 PM.

They QQ because they feel like it is the only thing they can do...

Also Jazzhands <3 your avatar

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    (I apologize ahead of time if this comes off as a messy presentation of my observations, I'm at work.)

I want to preface this by saying I mainly PvP and can't say I care too much if I see the inside of heroics more than I already have or what is involved in raiding. I have heard the complaints often enough and I have been trying to look at this from a business standpoint because, when it comes down to it, Blizzard is about making money and they have done a fine job of it over the last six years.

Cata was the next step in Blizzard's progession (and WoW is a major portion of the business as a whole) and I believe they simply missed the mark by a large margin. The reasoning behind this is multifaceted and open to certain speculation, but I believe some of it was:

People who played Beta were not providing honest feedback on post-85 content. How many of them were actually giving feedback where it was really needed and thinking beyond their own personal (or class) experiences? Just as well, the selection of players were not an honest representation of the player-base who make up the majority. Having a hardcore/skilled minority testing for a 'easy-mode' majority is just bad business. Also, people who post on WoW official forums (and Blizzard DOES respond to these so I know they are listening to some degree) are not an honest representation of the player-base who make up the majority. Ever try to ask a noob-ish question on there? You will get eaten alive.

Really what it boils down to this: Cata isn't what made WoW successful, the prior content did; specifically TBC and WotLK since that is where their major sales/subscription spikes came from. This would lead me to believe that the masses want/like easy-mode and the hardcore elitist minority should be looking elsewhere to prove their awesomeness.

As for people who QQ, why should they stop, really? QQ enough and en-masse and most likely Blizzard will listen. If enough people walk away from the game (even if is really just for a few weeks) Blizzard WILL listen. If Blizzard is not placating the majority their email boxes and monthly subscription numbers will reflect this and you'd better believe there will be a lot of nerf-batting going on if any kind of critical mass is acheived. I wonder what the next couple of months is going to look like...

I will add this though:
    In terms of in-game content, the amount of 'spinning your wheels' unless you are doing everything as a guild is somewhat on the ridiculous side. I PvP, get instant que's, go for the Honor/Valor points, and can basically buy a new piece of gear every evening I log on if I wanted. I am getting what I want from the game quite easily. My IRL buddy who plays just as much as me, but basically enjoys PvE content, waits 40 minutes to que and because his RL obligations prevent him from being on at a consistant time each day to do guild runs with just about any guild large enough to schedule events. He, therefore, is left with PUGs...which I have to admit are somewhat horrible a high percentage of the time. Because he is stuck with PUGs more often than not and because said PUGs desolve before completing a heroic dungeon quite often, he has a very low number of JP's and CP's. And this is a guy who has been raiding since vanilla and knows how to play his class (for all the 'lolubad' posters who have read this far).

His PvE frustrations are a reflection of a larger problem, and they need to fix it...
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2010-12-22 at 07:30 AM.

other than badly informed lore arguments what else would we have to post about ?
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...