Thread: Molted Drake

Molted Drake

Ok so seeing the new loot card dragon on the front page of MMOC, I must honestly say the thing seems to be more or less a Bronze Drake (aka the one EVERYBODY has) with a brown rear section. Yes free mount is free but come on...the thing looks goddam lame. Am I the only one who wants the Loot Card they get after buying 127 packs of WoW cards to be something actually cool looking and not just some meh recolored drake?

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has a tendency to re-use models. It's not new. Although it probably would sell more packs of cards if they put 2-3 really unique mounts in.

Of course you will get those people who complain that it's not fair that you have to buy "extra" things for in-game. That trend is picking up though and has been very popular in asia for quite some time.

Most people, including me, want it for its rarity rather than its looks. Though compared to the blazing hippogryph...eh. I still like it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I myself have blazing hippo, bought for 35k gold and I wanted it for both looks and rarity, glad I bought it, would want the mottled as a (better imo) bronze drake that only I will have.

Although the model is exactly the same as the bronze dragon. The skin is much darker and the wings are black instead of white like the bronze.

Eh the only good ones are the very unique mounts like spectral,rocket and hippo (not the fat hippo)

Honestly, as an epic and rare loot card he's too...... simple i guess? Just a drake, not even colored as something special enough. Sad :<

Yeah, I'm definitely underwhelmed. I wouldn't turn it down if I got one, but you know.

15+ Year Old Account
    With over a billion items in this game, there's bound to be some recolors. It'll either be "Omg recolored, blizz sucks" or "omg that looks awesome why cant everyone have that". It's TGC. I believe blizzard is more worried about the game and content, than silly tgc mounts.

Blizzards uncreative thinking has brought us all to drooling for their mounts.

Even if it's an old model, i am pretty sure that you will get everyon's attention in the game ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhoomh View Post
    Even if it's an old model, i am pretty sure that you will get everyon's attention in the game ^^
    The mottled drake? Probably not. There are so many drake mounts in-game now that it's hard enough to tell apart the ones that are supposed to look completely different from each other.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
    The mottled drake? Probably not. There are so many drake mounts in-game now that it's hard enough to tell apart the ones that are supposed to look completely different from each other.
    Well there's BC nether drakes. WotLK drakes with scales (bronze red blue black white) and there's Cata drakes made of stone I assume. Not really hard to tell them apart, and molted drake looks pretty sexy imo.

Deleted
    Epic like all the cards mount's

Deleted
    Similiar as it may be, it certainly looks very unique and awesome!