Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

No Chaos Orb in Heroic

Hey there.

I am playing on a EU server (Proudmoore) and there have been no chaos orbs in the loot a couple of minutes ago. This happened to 2 guild groups. Anyone else experiencing this? Maybe they are changing something like bop to boe?

Greetings

are you sure you ran heroic and beat the end boss?

Early Cata when none of our group had 525 profession, we didn't see any chaos orb drops, but as soon as one of us got 525 they started dropping. And furthermore, I just finished another heroic run on EU server and sure enough we got another orb.

I doubt they will change it so soon, and they would probably state something in the officials as this may upset alot of players. I personally don't hope they will be BoE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    What myssy said, and cookie isn't the last boss in DM, nor is Beauty the last boss in BRC like half my groups think.

Deleted
    Yes we did daily heroic and yes we had people with crafting professions in the groups, more than one. This is why I am wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Thryri View Post
    I doubt they will change it so soon, and they would probably state something in the officials as this may upset alot of players. I personally don't hope they will be BoE.
    Read the OP. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Trecus View Post
    What myssy said, and cookie isn't the last boss in DM, nor is Beauty the last boss in BRC like half my groups think.
    Wow that's such sad you have had really stupid groups.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

I finished a heroic like an hour ago and they were still dropping. But it might be different because I am US

Confirmed, two guild groups finishing a heroic in the last 20 mins did not get an orb to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by cachemaster View Post
    Confirmed, two guild groups finishing a heroic in the last 20 mins did not get an orb to drop.
    same here just beaten last sfk heroic boss no orb

6:00 pm EST Dec. 21, 2010

Just finished doing daily Heroic: Vortex Pinnacle, and I too, had the problem with a chaos orb not dropping. I also have 525 BS (even though it should drop regardless).

Not sure as to why it didn't drop, but now I can't make another shield to profit off of 7.5k is a nice selling price on my server since all the others are 10k and up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Went heroic SFK not 30 minutes ago and no Orb dropped, yes I have 525BS, made a ticket.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they are 100% drop. Wowhead.com shows they are around 90%. BUT, we all know that wowhead isn't 100% accurate.

edit: I don't recall if they were 100% drop. I normally just greed everything that isn't an upgrade.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing its related to the hotfix referenced Here: "This is a bug. A hotfix was applied about an hour ago that changes it so Chaos Orbs will only be available for Need rolls by characters with Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, and Engineering (minimum skill of 425 required). This fix may not appear until the next time realms are restarted, which is likely to be early tomorrow morning."

According to your posts you met those requirements, but they couldve easily messed something up while trying to hotfix it that way :P

Deleted
    it is a blizzard hotfix bug.

They are trying to make it so only ppl with 450 in a bs/lw/tailor/engi can need on them guess something went worng

Deleted
    I finished off Last boss in sfk, a couple of hours ago though, and we had the orb dropping as normal.

Not sure about if the hotfix changed the droprate BUT when the expansion came out, the Chaos Orbs were not a 100% drop rate. There were times where they did drop and times where they didn't

15+ Year Old Account
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gir View Post
    Not sure about if the hotfix changed the droprate BUT when the expansion came out, the Chaos Orbs were not a 100% drop rate. There were times where they did drop and times where they didn't
    Only because of bugs which have been fixed. They have been and ARE 100% drop rate. Several bosses just weren't dropping them and have been fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.