Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dear Blizzard, I miss volley...

Why did they decide to remove volley from the game come Cataclysm? Every other class has a solid AoE or two that deal massive amounts of damage but hunters don't. You're probably thinking 'QQ Moar' but seriously hunters don't have a real AoE move anymore which is very disappointing.

Deleted
    Traps and multi shot should do fine

Deleted
    They decided to remove it from the game because it wasn't "hunter-feely"

Survivals aoe is pretty good atm. but blizzard does have a point when they say that 2 aoes is silly, so they chose to keep multishot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    Traps and multi shot should do fine
    yep. multi-shot was buffed to do the same as volley.

Deleted
    Just think though. Multi shot is better because with volley it only hits where you place the area you want to attack. with Multi shot it hits every1 anyhere. if you get me :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by itzthedon View Post
    Why did they decide to remove volley from the game come Cataclysm? Every other class has a solid AoE or two that deal massive amounts of damage but hunters don't. You're probably thinking 'QQ Moar' but seriously hunters don't have a real AoE move anymore which is very disappointing.
    Play a Shadow priest then come back

you've got better aoe than enahnce shamans since you can use it when you need it ,unlike enhance where if you need it you need to waste globals to set it up then after a quick week blast you need to wait an age for the cooldowns to comeback

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by itzthedon View Post
    Blizzard hits for 1500 at 333 ilvl. Hunters are doing 15k on trash pulls. Please QQ more.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like the design/fuction of multishot now much more than I ever liked volley, but is admittedly weak if you dont spec SV.

Ehhh... my hunter is survival so the dps from multishot is pretty significant now, but I can think of plenty of instances where having the old channeled version of volley would be incredibly helpful, for MM or BM in particular in heroics (croc boss in lost city, the trogg trash packs in grim batol, etc). Multishot is sort of a fail AOE if you aren't survival for some reason.

you may think multi is weak but all aoes are weak at the moment. Take swipe for instance. If there isnt at least 10 mobs dont bother, you're better off single targeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

they could of at least changed Volley up a little bit not just totally remove it

Deleted
    multishot is weak on its own cause it costs 40 focus and hits once for barley anything.. is ok as survival because of serpents spread.

If volley is brought back it should be different..

+Costs like 50-60 focus to cast
    +Channeling but looks different from how it was.. you shot a couple of shots into the air and those arrows/bullets splits into multiple shots as it rains down (see volley used by valkyr hunters right before dreamwalker in ICC)
    +Does physical damage (or maybe fire)

Now that would be a proper hunter aoe.. cause imo multishot sucks

Then they can also bring back old multishot.. make it hit less targets but harder making it better to use on 2-4 mobs and volley is used on 4+ mobs
    Last edited by mmocc7dd2640d8; 2010-12-21 at 11:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimmo View Post
    cause imo multishot sucks
    Well your opinion is invalid my friend

try Multi-shot (which at least for me applies serpent sting to all my targets) Explosive Trap and Snake trap

yummy yummy AoE DPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juri View Post
    Well your opinion is invalid my friend

try Multi-shot (which at least for me applies serpent sting to all my targets) Explosive Trap and Snake trap

yummy yummy AoE DPS
    Well as i said its good for survival cause of serpents spread, not very good for marks and terrible for BM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimmo View Post
    Well as i said its good for survival cause of serpents spread, not very good for marks and terrible for BM
    Well everything is crap compaired to Survival right now

helped a guildie realize that

he was marks and pulling about 6k DPS

told him to go survival now hes pulling 14k on fights

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missbenedict View Post
    Survivals aoe is pretty good atm. but blizzard does have a point when they say that 2 aoes is silly, so they chose to keep multishot.
    Arcane Explosion, Flamestrike, Blast Wave, Blizzard, Frost Nova (now i'm pushing it).

Yes, 2 AoE's was silly.....
    Last edited by Indiglo; 2010-12-22 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because shotgun-style Multi Shot is badass, that's why.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Explosive trap + Multi-shot = you win at aoe.