Should I return?

There must be a thousand threads like this but...

I have been a WoW player since the launch of BC; I Had a shammy, hunter, paladin, and stopped paying several times due to whatever reason it may have been. I haven't really played at all that recently but made a new account and leveled a rogue up to 60. Now here is my predicament: should I spend the mass amount of money and upgrade to BC/Wotlk/Cata or are the new additions to the game something that I will quickly overlook? I have enjoyed the game throughout the years but I am not so sure if I want to spend the money and then become bored much like I did in wrath. Convince me.

Deleted
    ooh, crap. there was a special offer for BC and Wrath at the start of december (I think?). BC was $5 and Wrath $10. was meant to catch the eye of returning players and new players. google (or whatever search engine you use) "the gift of world of warcraft".

anyways, it looks pretty great now really looking forward to my laptop getting fixed (!!!) so I can play again. Might want to check out the beta videos on youtube, things are going down the vanilla road again (the good part). pretty impossible to top this expansion, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaCoopa View Post
    There must be a thousand threads like this but...

I have been a WoW player since the launch of BC; I Had a shammy, hunter, paladin, and stopped paying several times due to whatever reason it may have been. I haven't really played at all that recently but made a new account and leveled a rogue up to 60. Now here is my predicament: should I spend the mass amount of money and upgrade to BC/Wotlk/Cata or are the new additions to the game something that I will quickly overlook? I have enjoyed the game throughout the years but I am not so sure if I want to spend the money and then become bored much like I did in wrath. Convince me.
    It doesn't sound like you should come back at all. If you've quit before and you need "convincing" to return, look elsewhere. Because you and I both know that regardless of all the new features in Cata, you will, just like with any other game, get bored again. So save the money and spend it elsewhere.

I've left the game plenty of times only to come back at a later time, I was thinking of not getting Cata since i figured it'd be another WotLK failure but decided to try it and imho this is the best WoW has ever been.
    At least I got my moneys worth. If you would be satisfied, who knows.

In two months, all the brand new stuff that Cataclysm provides will be the same shit as Wotlk. If you got out of this drug (like me) don't look behind, it's a waste of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by denegaar View Post
    In two months, all the brand new stuff that Cataclysm provides will be the same shit as Wotlk. If you got out of this drug (like me) don't look behind, it's a waste of time and money.
    But to the OP dont come back its really addicting and like the person I quoted said it will be the same as Wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the guy still posting in the forums...just saying.

OT: WoW is a lot of fun and much cheaper than many comparable hobbies. If you have the money to come back, I have to say, Cata is a lot of fun and I think it'll take a little longer to get stale than WotLK. Find some IRL friends to play with, that always helps keep it lively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

You're still actively checking, and posting/responding on, a forum dedicated to that "drug."

To the OP: I have been playing since Vanilla, and I'm having more fun than I've had in a long time. There is some neat lore coming over lorehounds (like me), and there is a ton of Blizzard's trademark tongue-in-cheek humor (see: all of Uldum). Give it a shot. Why not? Get BC, level to 68, get WotLK, level to 78, and activate the 10-day Cataclysm free trial. You'll be out less than fifty bucks if it doesn't pan out. I've dropped more than that on a night of drinking or a crappy PS3 game.

you're 'off of the drug' thats why you're still posting on mmo-champion?

Seems more like this is Methadone for you.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

cata is overated, i loved the lvling experience the dungoens and world events, but when you hit heroics your like why am i fn bothering. heroics are the killers if your groups bad and you keep getting bad groups it blocks your progression and you cant go any further so in the end you get bored.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.