Catacylsm Starter Raids

Which of the new raids/boss should a guild start on first? Excluding that joke of a boss argaloth of course.

My guild did halfus first, followed by magmaw. Magmaw was much more difficult than halfus in my opinion, so I would start with him. I haven't done the conclave of winds but i hear it is as easy, if not easier than halfus.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Alright thanks for the help.
    i5-7600k @ 3.80 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    AORUS nVidia GeFroce 1080ti 11G Xtreme Edition

We did Omnotron Defense System first. This one seems to not depend on gear that much because most of us were still running around in quest greens (including tanks) when we killed him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omnotron Defense System and Conclave of 4 winds are ease if raid is formed from good players in low gear. Halfus can be done by crabs in 346 gear.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Halfus' difficulty depends a lot on the combination of drakes you get. With some combinations he's pretty tough and with some he's a free kill.

This conversation needs to be contextualised.

Are you doing 10 or 25man because the answer to your question is different for both.

In 10 man, All starting bosses are several orders of magnitude harder than the 25man versions. None are easy, even Magmaw.

25 man, Magmaw for simple mechanics. The rest are more complex but fairly easy.

10 man, Halfus is simple if you get a good drake combination. However, while some are simple others are more difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to add control issues in our guild's 10m runs we're actually focusing on Throne of the Four Winds at the moment. jThe Conclave encounter, while requiring planning, coordination and communication, was much less "gear" intensive like the fights in Blackwing Descent or Bastion of Twilight. We got Conclave down this week and are within easy range of a kill on Al'akir provided people don't pull a malygos on the phase 3 flight mechanic. The instance can be somewhat buggy, but all of the ones we encountered were easily compensated for. (except I died to a knockback and got thrown so far away from the boss encounter I didn't recieve kill credit on my achievement progress when we got it down.) After a little practice Conclave became a simpler, less stressful encounter than Baradin Hold even.

right now i have halfus,valiona+theralion,conclave,and magmaw down,and id say in order of difficulty its

conclave > magmaw > halfus >V+T

we almost have omnitron down with a couple attempts on them,and its a pretty easy fight too

kills are all on 10

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    "Whats your ilvl? cuz that ass is epic"

Conclave of Winds is a good place to start, and then Magmaw, and then Halfus, and then Valiona and Theralion.
    In dungeon ratings, Bastion of Twilight is the easiest (not saying easy), then the Throne of the Four Winds, and then Blackwing Descent.

We started on Halfus, wasn't to hard.

all of my kills have been 25 man.

it took us 16 attempts to down Omnitron Defense system
    5 attempts for Magmaw
    3 Attempts for Halfus (we had Stormrider and Nether Scion, Nether Scion absolutely demolished us, while Stormrider and the Whelp cage was managable)
    14 attempts for Valiona and Theralion
    and 7 Attempts on Conclave (though we haven't downed them yet, we were running low on time that night and had just downed twin dragons so were pretty worn =P)
    Argaloth is a joke as you said, I was actually surprised as to how easy he was compared to the rest of the fights cataclysm has brought about.

Here are some parses if you were also wondering.

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/16745/

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin View Post
    This conversation needs to be contextualised.

Are you doing 10 or 25man because the answer to your question is different for both.

In 10 man, All starting bosses are several orders of magnitude harder than the 25man versions. None are easy, even Magmaw.

25 man, Magmaw for simple mechanics. The rest are more complex but fairly easy.

10 man, Halfus is simple if you get a good drake combination. However, while some are simple others are more difficult.
    Magmaw is easy period, but it's easier on 25 to aoe the parasites due to more possible aoe available, but hooking magmaw is easier on 10 because there's only one hook to do compared to coordinating it on 25.

Omnitron Defense System is an easy one because it doesn't depend on gear outside of tanks being able to take the hits long enough between heals. Everything else in there is either avoidable or incidental aoe damage. DPS can be made up for by tanking golems in the poison clouds, casters and healers standing in arcane pools (except when Electron is also up) deal/heal extra as well as increased mana regen. There's no berserk timer, it just keeps rotating through the golems until either you're dead or they're dead.

Conclave of Wind shares with ODS in that it has no berserk timer, the only catch is that there must always be someone on one of the Djinn's platforms while the encounter is in progress or that Djinn enables a raid wiping ability, such as zone-wide silence effect. The only exception to this is that no one needs to be present on a platform of a Djinn that's been "defeated" and is in his regeneration phase.

Halfius is pretty easy regardless of combination, because the green whelps are always available regardless of what two abilities Halfius has each week. Just pick the ability that you want to counter the most, free the corresponding drake to kill and the the whelps, kill the drake, then kill the whelps (so that they're dead before 50% when Halfius starts doing Furious Roar stuns), then Halfius. Bloodlust/Heroism/Time Warp/Ancient Hysteria is best done at 50% after a chain of Furious Roars end to get your raid into the 20-25% range faster (so that class abilities dependent on this are available sooner), but can also be used to burn down the freed drake if that works better for your group.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Alright thanks all for the advice, and yea sorry, forgot to mention 10 man.
    i5-7600k @ 3.80 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    AORUS nVidia GeFroce 1080ti 11G Xtreme Edition