Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Hit is important otherwise you can't build threat, I tried tanking Baradin Hold at 6% and DPS would easily pull off me so I went back and reforged hit and had max aggro and nothing missed.
    Either you don't use the right buttons, the right spec or ypu need to turn on your screen. I'm around 4.5 hit (which might even be too much right now) and i don't have any kind of threat problem on any boss except maybe the small rat that the dps OS before i can tank it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paary = Dodge since 4.0 in the lich king ...
    They are actually talking about Hold the Line talent, that increases our crit strike by 10% and crit block by 10%, thats why parry is more valuable than dodge for warriors.
    Parry and dodge had same 1:1 rating for longer than 4.0.

I did the math today (new armory is awesome btw), and im losing about 250 avoidance by being hit/exp softcapped (could blame it on the fact that a lot of my gear has either hit or exp already).
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sligboy View Post
    Either you don't use the right buttons, the right spec or ypu need to turn on your screen. I'm around 4.5 hit (which might even be too much right now) and i don't have any kind of threat problem on any boss except maybe the small rat that the dps OS before i can tank it.
    Idk guess I got unlucky cause everything was missing for me when I was at 6% hit. Like what else do you use besides devastate, shield slam, revenge, rend, thunderclap, and heroic strike? Im talking about raid bosses not heroics.

This is just me, im personally going with hit.
    Last edited by Ave07; 2010-12-23 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I'm with Torture too.

I've only done heroics so far, so I can't say much about raiding. However, I never had issues with keeping mobs on me. Sure, I've missed some attacks, but I think I'd rather stack avoidance and mastery and let the hit come naturally from gear.
    I would take that even further and reforge my hit/expertise into avoidance if possible.

---------- Post added 2010-12-23 at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    They are actually talking about Hold the Line talent, that increases our crit strike by 10% and crit block by 10%, thats why parry is more valuable than dodge for warriors.
    Parry and dodge had same 1:1 rating for longer than 4.0.
    I don't think that's right. They had different DR pre 4.0.

---------- Post added 2010-12-23 at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Idk guess I got unlucky cause everything was missing for me when I was at 6% hit. Like what else do you use besides devastate, shield slam, revenge, rend, thunderclap, and heroic strike? Im talking about raid bosses not heroics.

This is just me, im personally going with hit.
    You're making life harder on your healers by prioritizing hit, but that is your call.

Even when talking about raid bosses, it's still more about ability synergy, priority, and spec than it is about hit and expertise. Shield Block + Shield Slam is a massive threat gain. Making sure you use Shield Slam every time Sword and Board procs is vitally important. Prioritizing pretty much everything else except Demoralizing Shout and TC(provided the debuffs are still up) over Devastate will also help. Rend, IMO, is up for some debate on its position in the priority, as it depends on what you're tanking.

=======================

I think I've derailed this quite enough. Sorry about that, OP!
    Last edited by Lansow; 2010-12-23 at 04:25 PM. Reason: punctuation saves lives

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Because every class has short interrupts, amirite?
    Warriors, Rogues, Shaman, Feral Druids.

As with many tanking situations it depends greatly on your team. If you're in a team that can handle interrupts then you don't need to worry about hit at all.

In any case, if you miss a shield bash, don't forget to heroic throw. Your miss chance is probably about 5% without going out your way to boost it. The chances of missing both heroic throw and shield bash is less than 1%.

Taunt doesn't even come into it with Vigilence, we can taunt all we like.

If the boss mechanic is such that the cast will be fatal and you have no suitable dps, then yes, get the hit cap. But otherwise hit cap isn't a tanks problem, the dps should be hit capped and the rest of the time the risk is worth it.

The more interesting question is: which enchant is best for tanking, if we're ignoring hit?
    Probably [Enchant Weapon - Windwalk]. The dodge will have a net improvement to avoidance, but I wouldn't rely on the run speed.

Ah, Taunt off the hit table. Very possible since i never saw a Taunt miss since a loooong time. Although I do remember a blue post mentionning taunt going on the Yellow hit Table, 8% that is. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Warriors, Rogues, Shaman, Feral Druids.

As with many tanking situations it depends greatly on your team. If you're in a team that can handle interrupts then you don't need to worry about hit at all.

In any case, if you miss a shield bash, don't forget to heroic throw. Your miss chance is probably about 5% without going out your way to boost it. The chances of missing both heroic throw and shield bash is less than 1%.

Taunt doesn't even come into it with Vigilence, we can taunt all we like.

If the boss mechanic is such that the cast will be fatal and you have no suitable dps, then yes, get the hit cap. But otherwise hit cap isn't a tanks problem, the dps should be hit capped and the rest of the time the risk is worth it.

The more interesting question is: which enchant is best for tanking, if we're ignoring hit?
    Probably [Enchant Weapon - Windwalk]. The dodge will have a net improvement to avoidance, but I wouldn't rely on the run speed.
    I think Windwalk is going to be the best enchant for an avoidance set. Mongoose still has its place as well. Blizzard really outdid themselves with that particular enchant.

Hmmm... I wonder how viable bladeward is now? 200 parry is still 1.4%(ish) @ 85, right?
    Last edited by Lansow; 2010-12-23 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic thrown doesnt interrupt, just silences (thus cant interrupt bosses).

For best enchant, its obviously windwalk, the problem being the maelstrom crystals, we dont have epics to be DEing like water (yet).

I had bladeward til i hit heroics, then i swaped for mending, then elemental slayer/mending (different weapons), bladeward was procing maybe 2 or 3 per boss fight on regular 85s.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.