Anyone ever got their gametime or pet removed?

I'm not denying, I bought gametime (2weeks ago) and a pet(1week ago) with ingame gold. Both sellers were nice enough to offer the code first and I gave them the gold accordingly. Entered gametime code, saw that my playtime was updated. Entered pet code, got my pet. Earlier when I logged in though, my pet was missing. Sensing something was wrong, I quickly checked my bnet account, and true it was, my gametime was reduced to what I originally paid for.

Has anyone encountered the same issues? Should I mail and complain? It's against the TOS I'm sure but heck maybe I can lie my way through? I mean how the hell did blizz even find out?
    Last edited by cheereos; 2010-12-22 at 04:42 AM.

Gee. I don't know, maybe two codes used on the same account where a large gold transaction also occured? If you know it's against the ToS, why even do it?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cheereos View Post
    It's against the TOS I'm sure but heck maybe I can lie my way through?
    Oh, I lold so hard.

Topic: It is against the ToS. If Blizzard found out, I don't mind you getting banned.

You DID break the ToU and it looks like the evidence is in blizz favor. Lieing will not help you one bit.

You screwed up, you were caught, accept that, move on, and buy things legitimently from now on

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought an in-game mount (Sparkle horse) with in-game money, and never got the horse. I was super pissed.

Deleted
    You are lucky you never got banned in the first place.

Honestly why would I be banned? The ToS did not state specifically that this is against it. There was even a thread here in mmo champ a few months back debating about the legality of buying gametime cards with in game gold.

This practice is very common on my server and many have done it, I even got 6months worth of gametime pre-cata using in game gold. I have excess gold, why can't I spend it if someone is offering?

It wasn't Blizzard. You got scammed. Grats.

Blizzard can ban you whenever for whatever. It's their game. Your lucky you only got the items taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    It wasn't Blizzard. You got scammed. Grats.
    Scammed? How? The code was valid when I entered?

Because it goes against legislation in multiple countries. Blizzard was wise to revert it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
    HA! I have to admit I only play WoW for the homoerotic innuendoes

Scammed? How? The code was valid when I entered?
    chargeback and/or stolen creditcard

Deleted
    Honestly why would I be banned? The ToS did not state specifically that this is against it. There was even a thread here in mmo champ a few months back debating about the legality of buying gametime cards with in game gold.

This practice is very common on my server and many have done it, I even got 6months worth of gametime pre-cata using in game gold. I have excess gold, why can't I spend it if someone is offering?
    trading ingame gold for anything with outside monetary value is against the ToS, so yes, you did break the rules. either buy more with gold and hope you don't get caught, or just suck it up and deal with it.

sadly ignorance is not an excuse. 'hey judge, my friend stole a car and didn't get caught, so i thought it was legal', oh wait...