Thread: Queue priority?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Queue priority?

Should dps classes such as rogue and mage have a queue priority over classes like druid, pally, shaman, etc.
    A mage cant help that they can only deal damage so why should they be penalized for it with one hour queue times?
    On the other hand a druid can tank, heal, range dps, and melee dps they can get insta queues in 2 different specs as can pallies.

I think that priority queues would be more affective because the simple fact that it would push more people towards tanking and healing. More healers and tanks means more groups, more groups means shorter queue time.

2 to 1 pure vs hybrid in the dungeons btw for dps.
    Last edited by Talkstomoose; 2010-12-22 at 11:03 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying that hybrid classes should be punished for choosing to dps? I'd say we should get priority over pures. I can dps, toss heals, battle rez, and go bear if we get desperate. If you don't like the queue time as dps, go roll a tank or a healer. Don't suggest that specific specs be punished because you don't like waiting 45 minutes like everyone else.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you'd prefer to have tanks and healers who don't want to be doing that, or worse that don't even know how to play that role? No thanks.

The queues will correct themselves over time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    So you're saying that hybrid classes should be punished for choosing to dps? I'd say we should get priority over pures. I can dps, toss heals, battle rez, and go bear if we get desperate. If you don't like the queue time as dps, go roll a tank or a healer. Don't suggest that specific specs be punished because you don't like waiting 45 minutes like everyone else.
    I dont mind waiting. And I can tank or heal just fine. I play a feral dps. Im saying if your class has the ability to tank or heal then the dps aspect of that class should have lower priority when a mage or something has to wait for an hour because thats the only thing he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    So you'd prefer to have tanks and healers who don't want to be doing that, or worse that don't even know how to play that role? No thanks.

The queues will correct themselves over time anyway.
    And there arent dps that dont know how to play their rolls?....
    Valid point but also invalid because of that fact.
    If your going to play a class then you should know how to play the entire class. Not just one small part of it. Besides like i said most people dont know how to play that one part that they chose

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfing hybrids or offering this system wouldn't make queues shorter. I'd just play a pure dps class then and the queue would stay just as long. People are going to play the role they like, making their wait longer would just cause more bitching and worse dungeon experiences. Every single dungeon I have run since Cata dropped, I have had to contribute more than my dps.
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talkstomoose View Post
    And there arent dps that dont know how to play their rolls?....
    Valid point but also invalid because of that fact.
    If your going to play a class then you should know how to play the entire class. Not just one small part of it. Besides like i said most people dont know how to play that one part that they chose
    DPS aren't as important. A single bad dps won't necessarily make a group bad. A bad tank or healer will.

Also you seem to be overlooking the fact that if pures got priority over hybrid dps then hybrid dps would be completely shut out of the Dungeon Finder system. Maybe you'd be okay with that, but Blizzard doesn't cater to your whims; they want everyone to enjoy the game.

Also also, sometimes people just get burned out on tanking or healing and want to dps for a run or two. But under your system they would never be able to do that.

Deleted
    Oh, look, it's this thread again o.O

From the similar thread that is currently 15 pages long, here is my latest post:

---
    Quote Originally Posted by deanmoney
    They need to give priority to pure dps classes over the other classes who pick to dps when they can heal or tank.
    So you want to "force" people into either being a tank or healer, if they pick Paladin, Shaman, Druid or Priest?

No thanks. I will take my longer queue as a shadowpriest over practically being forced to go heal. Not everyone that plays one of those classes are capable of playing tank or healer. My last run in BRC Normal with my hunter, we had a feral druid marked as tank. Without the talent Thick Hide. He simply didn't know (or so he claimed) it was needed for tanking. And he failed miserably. I would prefer he either stayed the hell away or, if I had to group up with him, he went cat. That's what he was specced for (more or less)...
    ---

I wouldnt nerf hybrids and good for you go roll a pure dps then idc. more people would tank or heal if their dps queues are longer. Besides it wouldnt make the queues any longer for hybrid dps then it already is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt nerf hybrids and good for you go roll a pure dps then idc. more people would tank or heal if their dps queues are longer. Besides it wouldnt make the queues any longer for hybrid dps then it already is.
    Yes, and the queues would be full of tanks and healers who wouldn't do well.

And no, the hybrid dps queues would skyrocket under your system. They would rarely progress, because pures would keep pushing them back.

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to drop the whole "hybrids should be lower than pures" thing. Just because we have multiple roles doesn't mean we can be all of them at once.

DPS aren't as important. A single bad dps won't necessarily make a group bad. A bad tank or healer will.

Also you seem to be overlooking the fact that if pures got priority over hybrid dps then hybrid dps would be completely shut out of the Dungeon Finder system. Maybe you'd be okay with that, but Blizzard doesn't cater to your whims; they want everyone to enjoy the game.

Also also, sometimes people just get burned out on tanking or healing and want to dps for a run or two. But under your system they would never be able to do that.
    Again dps queues for those hybrid classes wouldnt be any worse than they are now. Their already an hour long, couldnt get much worse than that.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Oh, look, it's this thread again o.O

From the similar thread that is currently 15 pages long, here is my latest post:

---

So you want to "force" people into either being a tank or healer, if they pick Paladin, Shaman, Druid or Priest?

No thanks. I will take my longer queue as a shadowpriest over practically being forced to go heal. Not everyone that plays one of those classes are capable of playing tank or healer. My last run in BRC Normal with my hunter, we had a feral druid marked as tank. Without the talent Thick Hide. He simply didn't know (or so he claimed) it was needed for tanking. And he failed miserably. I would prefer he either stayed the hell away or, if I had to group up with him, he went cat. That's what he was specced for (more or less)...
    ---
    It's like the triple computer post that was going on earlier. People act like the queue is destroying their lives. Use the queue time to do something useful in game, like gather/craft/play the AH/do dailies. Or (wait for it) get a guild and run with them. The suggested system would punish hybrids so badly that it would take them twice the time to gear and raid. Could you imagine raiding without hybrids and all their useful tricks?

Yes, and the queues would be full of tanks and healers who wouldn't do well.

And no, the hybrid dps queues would skyrocket under your system. They would rarely progress, because pures would keep pushing them back.
    So with all this tech we have now days you dont think that a system can be invented to prevent a hybrid from never getting a dungeon over a pure? Hey i got one already let in 2 pures for every hybrid. Then maybe instead of seeing these damn cats everywhere ill see a bear for once or maybe just maybe even a tree or whats left of them.

Deleted
    It would stop varity of buffs within dungeons and lead to forcing classes into mages and rouges, it wouldnt reduce queue time at all, it wouldnt make other people roll tank and healer, just roll a pure. This is a silly silly idea.

EDIT: I remeber when classes had single roles and were kicked for being not a restro drood etc. etc., and that was in vanilla. Vanilla is long gone. Move on please.
    Last edited by mmoc1cd9ad8285; 2010-12-22 at 09:46 AM.

My queues are instant

10+ Year Old Account
    So with all this tech we have now days you dont think that a system can be invented to prevent a hybrid from never getting a dungeon over a pure? Hey i got one already let in 2 pures for every hybrid. Then maybe instead of seeing these damn cats everywhere ill see a bear for once or maybe just maybe even a tree or whats left of them.
    I can only comment on what you suggested. That wasn't included until now.

In any case my original reply still stands. The queues will correct themselves over time, just like they did in Wrath.

You expect blizzard to tell all their casuals: "Hai guyz, we know you like to dps cause its easy and you get carried, but you need to tank or heal otherwise ima nerf you".

Seriously, mages and rogues don't only just "deal damge", if they are not totally incompetent (most are unfortunately) they could easily cc to help out the group.

Unfortunately, once again, you still need a tank and a healer to do a dungeon, so you kind of just have to wait for them or roll one, or make a friend, or join a guild, or pay one. WotLK heroics took 10 minutes tops, so tanks could be in and out and back in queue within 15 minutes. Now on the other hand heroics take, for most pugs, at least and hour to clear if not more due to wipes. The fact that almost the entire game is probably 50 dps per 1 healer or tank doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    It's like the triple computer post that was going on earlier. People act like the queue is destroying their lives. Use the queue time to do something useful in game, like gather/craft/play the AH/do dailies. Or (wait for it) get a guild and run with them. The suggested system would punish hybrids so badly that it would take them twice the time to gear and raid. Could you imagine raiding without hybrids and all their useful tricks?
    Could i imagine it? hmmmm DUH! obviously you never played in classic... your class had one roll that they could effectively do. If you didnt play that roll then you were bad. end of story.
    Some people that play a pure dps class dont have the hour to sit their and wait for queue then the next hour or more to run the dungeon. Some people actually have lives outside the game and things to do.

Deleted
    Or maybe they should just delete pure dps classes so that everyone has a healing or tanking spec then people like you can't whinge about queues all the time. If you dont like it reroll a tank or a healer because thats what youd be doing to other people just for your convenience.