wow graphics problems

Hi

I'm getting miscolored graphic vectors in wow. It looks like the beams of light when a powerful light goes into a prism and out.

See example here --> http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5769/wowoh.jpg
    (Soz for the spaces, there's stupid restrictions on links for newcomers in here...) --> Fixed link /Magekid

Anyone seen this before and can point me in a direction?
    My gfx card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, 512MB

Not the best in class, but I've played for a long time with it and for WoW it does its job. Untill now atleas :-)

Any help is appreciated
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2010-12-22 at 11:35 AM.

That usually happens when the graphics card is overheating or it has broken memory.

Remove your video drivers completely and install latest version, then check out what the temperatures of your CPU/GPU/motherboard are.

Also, if the graphics card has lots of dust/crap in the heatsink/fan, clean it up first.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Are you playing with the water effects and all the new graphical stuff of Cataclysm maxed? Cause if so, your video card will most likely be pushed far too much and will, as the poster above said, overheat and ruin out your gameplay experience and be careful not to insist too much on that situations, i've burned quite a few video cards for insisting on the play while it was freaking out like this and boom bb VC <3 :P

If you're playing with all these effects maxed just get them to the min. and tell us if anything changed. Good luck.

Yes, you need to check the video card temperature especially when playing on higher settings. I dont think the memory on the video card is broken, artefacts of a different nature appear even in BIOS or a non Windows environment.

You can get HWMonitor from here:
    cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

It will monitor all your temperatures, keep it running in background while playing WoW. It will display an actual value, a minimal value and a maximum value.
    Look at the maximum value for your video card after playing wow for a while

I have to admit though, i had a ATI Radeon HD 3850 and some games displayed similar problems like yours, while others worked perfectly..never understood why.

Thnx so far guys.
    Before posting:
    - I have flicked all individual settings and pulled the ingame-graphics-quality-throttle from max to min, still the same.
    - I have reinstalled drivers

I will monitor the heat and post results here.

Merry chrismas!

Deleted
    DELETE "Chache" and "WTF" file, than start game! ENJOY! (i had the same problem, and thats the way how i solve it!)