Boomkin - Starsurge and Shooting Stars effect delay

Good day,

I was hoping this would be a topic discussed already, but unfortuantely I can find no posts on the matter.

I would like to know if there has been any blue posts discussing the mechanics of Shooting Stars proc'ing and resetting the cooldown of starsurge.

Recently Blizard has corrected the issue where if you were in the middle of a Starsurge cast and Shooting Stars proc'd, you would lose out on that proc. Now, you can complete the cast, and the cooldown on Starsurge resets.

However, this reset of the Starsurge cooldown only occurs about a second or two after completing a cast if you were casting a Starsurge at the time Shooting Stars proc's (quite often in my case). I can sit there and mash Starsurge until it instant-casts, however this is almost as long as a Wrath takes to cast (roughly 1 / 1.5 seconds as I see the cooldown counter drop to 14 - sometimes 13 - before Shooting Stars resets the cooldown).

Essentially, what I am now having to do then is:

1) I'm casting Starsurge (1.7sec cast or so)
    2) Shooting Stars proc's (yey!)
    3) My Starsurge cast completes, and the Starsurge cooldown immediately begins.
    4) I cast a "filler" Wrath or Starfire once (because at this point the Shooting Stars hasn't "kicked in" yet).
    5) I use the instant cast Starsurge from Shooting Stars proc after casting the "filler" Wrath or Starfire (point 4).

My question then is has there been any discussion about correcting this to reduce this slight delay on the Shooting Stars resetting a Starsurge cooldown if it has proc'd whilst casting Starsurge? Win here would be replacing step 4 with step 5, which at this point I am unable to do due to this delay. I'm sure many of us have encountered this.

Any feedback appreciated,

Radjuice - Zenedar EU

im just happy that it does reset. and it doesnt get wasted one the cast it procs during.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

What i've been noticing is that you can't use your shooting stars proc until your first starsurge hits the target. So if your original starsurge is still in the air, cast a filler like you have been and then use your shooting stars proc. I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug.

It's frustrating to not be able to fire off two starsurges in a row, especially in pvp. I'm not sure it results in a big dps loss in pve though.

I'm hoping this is intentional (the reset) because it's amazing. It's the best when you have to refresh your DoTs during this period, otherwise I too go with the wrath during the CD. I don't see casted Starsurge followed by instant being intended due to how high Starsurge can actually crit for.