Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Worst cataclysm pug you've seen so far

Just wanted to hear some horror stories of bad puggers people have come across while using the LFD tool. Here's mine-
    A few days ago me and 3 of my guildies q'ed for a random heroic and picked up a fury warrior (can't rememebr what realm he was from). First trash pull in heroic throne of tides the tank tells the mage in group to sheep pull moon. Warrior runs in and pulls, mage instanct casts sheep and the warrior proceeds to break it. Mage sheeped again and the warrior decides to move onto another mob that the boomkin had rooted. After the warrior broke the roots I (who was the healer) let him die. After he dies everyone was able to cc their targets again. Warrior releases and runs back in and proceeds to break all the cc's again. The whole time this is going on everyone is politly telling him to quit breakking the cc'ed mobs but he won't respond or listen.We all run out and let him die then vote kicked him.

That is pretty damn funny, I am a warrior myself and I probably would have sat there and laughed my ass off.

Deleted
    your the one that kicked me? my chat was broken and I was trying to communicate with you guys by sign language breaking sheep means someone calling brb breaking roots means smoke break brb and running back in after death means sec mom is saying stuff. Sigh L2read

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolgreks2 View Post
    your the one that kicked me? my chat was broken and I was trying to communicate with you guys by sign language breaking sheep means someone calling brb breaking roots means smoke break brb and running back in after death means sec mom is saying stuff. Sigh L2read

good attempt.. but just.. no

OT: I have yet to have bad experiences in pugs. i always queue with at least 3 guildies (tank myself, gf's a healer and the dps are usually cc classes). Guess im lucky.

Worst ones I've had are Dead Mines groups that take over an hour to complete it. That said, we still complete it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolgreks2 View Post
    No I am Noobacuis! I broke the sheep, due to a traumatic child hood experience I cannot bear the sight of success, so I as a furious man-child shall never let others succeed.

Deleted
    two deathknights joined our pug in halls of 'reputation'.
    First trash pull, I asked to LoS the big dude in the back so it would come to us. Instead they both run in and break all our cc, they instant die, but we manage to kill the big dude and a smaller one before we wipe.
    On the second try, we have two mobs cc'd and one free. Again they break both cc'd targets, both dks die, but we kill the trash.

So we are on vent, deciding who to kick (they were from same guild), to bring in one of our own guild.
    Since they are from the same guild, and we are affraid one of them will go emo, our rogue comes up with an idea to make it fair. He asks if they wanna pick a number between 1-100, so we could roll and keep the one that's closest to that number.

They refuse, so we kick one. And yes sir, the other dk starts to become emotional. He refuses to run back in. No problem we carry on with 4 and clear trash. He notices that we can continue without him, so when we are at the first boss, suddenly he joins back in, with behind him the other trashgroup. He kept going several times. Untill our dungeonlock expired and we reformed our party and joined another lfg.

funny thing was, our hunter and rogue made it so that only he died, due some awesome ccing

Deleted
    The time I said to the tank that I'm going to sheep moon, and he charged it. We wiped and then I got kicked for having "Shit CC."

I did BRC and got to the second boss after 2 hours and 3 tanks. I'm pretty sure the tanks largely sucked but I'm also rather sure their healer was horrible too. We wiped on Corla several times because the feral druid couldn't see their debuffs but took 3 attempts to annouce this. Though then we let the boomer do the beams and despite having never done them before, we one shot it. The shaman healer also regularly let their add evolve. The second boss, it was miraculous we did anything and I think I was 40% of the damage, or more, on most pulls. After 2 and a half hours it was getting early and we'd been through 3 tanks and I just explained that I should have been in bed an hour ago and didn't expect to queue so long (about an hour) or take so long and we still weren't even halfway.

Deleted
    My worst one happened last night. We tried to do the Vortex.. pinnacle? I always forget the name. Either way, the tank always ran to one mob, tanked it, maybe a second one that ran to him and if there'd be a mob that stayed away and casted he'd just ignore it and let the healer eat this dmg. Naturally, we directly wiped on the very first trashpack.
    I desperately wanted to get my valor points so I stayed but well, we wiped us from trashpack to trashpack until the first boss came up. One DD asked to be voted out so he could get listed without having to wait.. This was denied and the tank rushed into the Bossmob. We barely managed to kill it, but the tank, healer and one DD died. After the loot was distributed, everyone left the group in silence...

Meh, I hope things like this won't happen too often.

Worst ones are when you find tanks in non-tank gear. Like most DK's. "Am I taking too much damage?"

10+ Year Old Account
    (resto shaman)
    I queued for a heroic with a few friends, I was healing and had two dps with me. We get in(Was lost city btw), the first thing I do is put earth shield up on the tank. The tank proceeds to rant at me at how "you should put earth shield on a caster instead of the tank" and etc. When I don't do what he says, he runs, pulls a group and leaves in the middle of it.

We got a new tank, for the most part everything went well until the last boss.
    Everyone was doing ok on health so I pop fire ele to help burn down the boss, between that and the boss's death we had some trouble and the tank ended up dead. (Think he might have stood in something, wasn't watching). Our mage in the group then complains at me for "wasting a gcd" when everyone was doing fine on health. since she complained about that I asked why did she make me "waste" a global casting hero, her answer was "casting time warp is a dps loss for me". This is coming from an Arcane mage casting fireballs and frostbolts too.

10+ Year Old Account
    2nd boss in BRC heroic... When tanks prove they have no clue how to move a boss in and out of a column of fire before a debuff runs out....

2nd last boss in Tol'Vir, wiped a few times, tank drops group... new tank comes.

Holy Paladin. In PvP epics. So he changes spec... into wrath epics. and a green main-hand.

Surprisingly, we lasted 51 seconds on the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halls of Origination - was on my rogue and we had a druid tank, a druid healer, mage and a warrior. Started clearing the trash and the tank said "kick me from group please", we asked why and he said "because the first boss drops some leather bracers and i dont want to roll against the rogue and the druid healer". At that point we all just laughed and said thats part of the game and that if he really wanted those bracers he should do a guild run.
    After 10 minutes of arguing he gets kicked and we get a replacement tank, down the first boss and the bracers drop.

Quote Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
    2nd boss in BRC heroic... When tanks prove they have no clue how to move a boss in and out of a column of fire before a debuff runs out....
    you mean the third one right? the second is the one that you have to prevent the adds from spawning

Yesterday, Shadowfang Keep normal. I was levelling my shiny new worgen rogue, and decided to check out the changes for this instance. oi...

My first group contained me, a hunter, a warrior tank, and two others I can't remember. We run in, get to the first set of undead...who instantly split every direction, including the elite on the healer, with the tank making no effort to pick anything up. I inspected him, he had no shield, and he had his talents set to fury. Everyone in the group gave him grief, but we continue on to the first boss [slowly]. Get there, tank dies very, very quickly, leaving me to evasion tank it. Eventually we make it, kick the tank. This is where the hunter comes into it...the door to the cortyard is opened, the hunter runs in and begins to melee the mnidless horror's. We wipe, yell at him, and he replied that we "Had to attack now, so please follow me"...we didn't make it any further than that.

Next group was a bit better, worgen druid tank...who started off trying to tank in cat form...then in worgen form...then randomly switching between the three, but never sticking to bear form. got to the second boss very, very slowly, then wiped with most people ragequitting.

Third group, we had ANOTHER worgen druid tank, who again, didn't seem to like staying in bear form. Patiently explained to him it would be a good idea to to stick to bear form, first boss goes down relativly easily. Got to the kitchen, healer leaves mid pull because "This is boring, going to play black ops" [I wish I was joking...] Get a new healer, start the boss, we wipe. The tank proceeds to ragequit due to "I'm no good, I can't cast spells." Paladin dps takes on the role of tanking, and...we wipe again. Cue that special time in an instance where everyone's blaming everyone else, "Not enough healing!" "Tank needs to hold aggro!" "God dps, do your job!" We start again, and again, the tank dies, but this time we just manage to kill the boss before we wipe. find a new tank for the third boss, who starts off the encounter by saying "Healer, be sure to heal me". Thought this was just a joke, or maybe the last healer he had wasn't quite fast enough to stop him from dieing. about...three seconds into the fight, tank on 80% health. "FFS NOOB, HEAL ME!"...get through the fight no problems other than him constantly screaming for heals and, suprise suprise, he leaves. after that, weirdly, the run went fine.

so...yeah, not a good day for shadowfang keep
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Entered throne of tide with a DK tanking in unholy......we managed to reach first boss but 2/3 dps'er failed to move out of something that killed them..... I just /left dungeon. Fail babies.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst heroic I've healed was actually one of the smoothest runs I've ever been in. Completely curb stomped H SFK. It was the worst for me because it was a complete PuG, whereas my guild group couldn't get past Springvale.

Whether or not I was carried, I will never know. Then again, that fight with all melee is pretty frustrating.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

I really don't mind bad gameplay or when a perosn is clueless about his class or tactics. Not everyone done all dungeons at this point in expansion. Not everyone is geared.

I hate however any additional drama people create in dungeons.

I had a priest in random group in BRC. We beat first boss, but noticed we did not had any priest buffs. I asked "priest buff please" I got 3 min long nerdrage about how his name is this and that and how dare I call him "priest" and how my mother was this and that, how fail I am ect. Some words PG18 were involved. Mind you I got that all just for saying "priest buff please".

I wonder how I lasted those 3 mins. Good thing you can leave groups