Thread: Nefarian HC

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nefarian HC

My 10-man group has just started working on this boss and i´ve run into a small problem(i´m an enhancement shaman). When i get mc'ed and get alot of stacks my searing totem attacks raid members and leaves dots on them, and my wolves have a strange fondness of stunning the healers and killing them(in combination with crackles).
    Have anyone else had problem with this and have found out any solution, preferably without having to break the mc instantly to avoid loosing the dps boost? It´s only a problem in p3 since we don´t dps Nefarian at all in p1.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Searing Totem DoT should be relatively insignificant. In regards to wolves, you could try using Bash on cooldown so that it's not up when you get MC'd. But you're probably better just not using wolves at all. Lots of classes/specs have to stop using various abilities that cause friendly fire on the fight (Boomkins can't Starfall, Demo Warlocks can't Immo Aura, etc.) It's not the end of the world to only summon wolves at the start of the fight and p2.

Just disable the autocast on wolves. Searing totem can't realy be "fixed" in this particular scenario. Happens for me aswell every single week. Oddly it usually has 1-3 stacks on several raid members AND 5 stacks rolling on Nefarian when i get back. Beats me how it figures out what to attack during a MC :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If your wolves are set to passive when you summon them and you tell them to attack nef yourself, they will not run off and attack any of your raid members when you are MCed.

Searing totem can be a pain but half the time our raid members like to totem stomp it to piss off our enhance shaman.

Ok, thank you for the tips, i´ll be sure to try it out on the next raid at sunday

Searing is a pain, I tended to end up being our enhance shaman totems favourite target. I would suggest that if you're about to hit a crackle, to get out of MC instead of building up stacks just in case your totem ends up KO'ing a healer.

Don't use searing totem and let wolfs on passive.
    Unfortunately that is how we shamans enhancement have to do this fight. Thanks blizzard.

The damage from Searing totem should never ever kill anyone unless your healers are either slacking or a tank is close to death due to fuckups with breaths + adds or fire placement.
    I've always used Searing totem the entire fight and i've often seen it stacking dot on several raid members, but this has never ever resulted in a death.

What I did after a few attempts was put the wolves on passive and macro Pet Attack to virtually all my abilities. Worked fine. Wolves like to be weird on Nefarian. On P2 they also have a facility to run off your platform and stand underneath Nef in the lava.

As for Searing... Every time an MC goes out (just as the DBM timer expires, which is after Nef chooses his targets but before the MC actually happens), I replant my totem and hope it grabs my target. About all the advice I can offer.

P1 and 2 - Use Searing and wolves.
    P3 - Use Magma Totem and Fire Nova right as he casts Dominion, and wolves.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    does anyone of those posted even know enhancement? Searing totem should be used regardless if you dont use searing you will loose a shitload of dps due to the lavalash boost.

Mithranlas, many who have answered here have already killed Nef HC, or are progressing on him. Yes, we would loose potloads of dps if we didn´t use Searing totem, but extra dps ain´t worth shit if it kills ppl during crackles and you wipe. That is basically the whole point of this thread that i wanted answered since i´ve only had 1 raid on hc Nef myself, if others had experienced this and how they deal with it when they are raiding.

And Gynshon, i don´t know if Magma totem is a good answer either, since it damages all the people around me, which would be around 8 raidmembers. Easier to heal 1 person with Searing totem debuff on them then many that have taken damage from Magma totem. Wolves can and should be used whenever possible, since the MC comes so frequently it doesn´t matter when you use it, you can get MCed anyways.

As i said earlier, i´ll inform the healers that my Searing totem might damage someone for around 5k/hit so they can shield/instant cast heal on them and see how that works, and also use wolves and have them set on passive and macro the attack to my spells and see if they stick on Nef during the MC.

I usually just destroy the totem ~1 second before DBM announces the MC's to be cast.. If you're not MC'd just drop it again - its not that big of a deal

Placing pets on passive (macro pet attack with some commonly used ability, preferably whatever you are most likely to use on CD right out of Dominion) will keep them from attacking other players. Your pets will just retreat from Nef and walk next to you while you're MC'd. The exact same principle is true for every class that uses a persistent (or at least long-duration like wolves) pet with its own petbar. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    The damage from Searing totem should never ever kill anyone unless your healers are either slacking or a tank is close to death due to fuckups with breaths + adds or fire placement.
    I've always used Searing totem the entire fight and i've often seen it stacking dot on several raid members, but this has never ever resulted in a death.
    If you are using Poisons/Cone of Cold + Slows to get MC's to 150 stacks then searing totem can do alot of damage during the time it takes to get to 150.

And if your healers are having trouble outhealing a freakin searing totem then.... Well, you figure it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    And if your healers are having trouble outhealing a freakin searing totem then.... Well, you figure it out.
    Except that you cant heal MCed players.

I think Tides meant that when we are not MCed the Searing totem is not a problem, it will simply just attack Nefarian. But when we get MCed our searing totem hits players. The healers will not be Mced(some might, but you will atleast have one healer free, and the others will most likely break it instantly), so they can just heal. Hence, healers should not have problems outhealing the searing totem.

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 12:41 PM ----------

And thank you Herecius, that´s exactly the kinda feedback i hoped to get when i started this thread, to help me perform better on a fight i do not have much experience in, and help others who are about to start on this encounter.
    Last edited by Filthe; 2011-04-09 at 12:52 PM.

Well we managed to kill Nef hc last night, i just wanted to thank you all who provided the information that helped me perform a tad better

Quote Originally Posted by Filthe View Post
    Mithranlas, many who have answered here have already killed Nef HC, or are progressing on him. Yes, we would loose potloads of dps if we didn´t use Searing totem, but extra dps ain´t worth shit if it kills ppl during crackles and you wipe. That is basically the whole point of this thread that i wanted answered since i´ve only had 1 raid on hc Nef myself, if others had experienced this and how they deal with it when they are raiding.

And Gynshon, i don´t know if Magma totem is a good answer either, since it damages all the people around me, which would be around 8 raidmembers. Easier to heal 1 person with Searing totem debuff on them then many that have taken damage from Magma totem. Wolves can and should be used whenever possible, since the MC comes so frequently it doesn´t matter when you use it, you can get MCed anyways.

As i said earlier, i´ll inform the healers that my Searing totem might damage someone for around 5k/hit so they can shield/instant cast heal on them and see how that works, and also use wolves and have them set on passive and macro the attack to my spells and see if they stick on Nef during the MC.

I was being a smartass. I had a couple people that know me, PM me and laugh. Basically, P3 use Flametongue.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.