Argent Dawn Rep Cataclysm Walk Through

Before you panic and say The Argent Dawn is gone, let me assure you it isn't.

Quest line starts at Lord Maxwell Tyrosus at Light's Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands. From there you go to the Bridge that separates East and West Plaguelands and get two more.

Head southeast to meet the first of the two named Tarenar Sunstrike. Just follow the road instead of going over the hills to make it nice and fast. He will have you kill 5 VERY easy mobs of three things. At 80, it's a joke. The turn in is done in field so it is easy. From there it's getting 10 Plaguehound Blood then back to the bridge. Part one done. Total time about 5 minutes.

Part two, head north along the river to find Gidwin Goldbraids. He is in a cocoon by the cave. From here go in the cave and get 8 Crypt Bile off the Crypt Slayers and Crypt Horrors inside the cave. Head back to Gidwin and turn in the Biles and get the next part, You need to collect 10 Banshee's Bells. These are plants that can be found on the shore and in the river. When you get them it's back to the Bridge for the turn in.

Fiona then gives a quest to get on a caravan to Light's Hope chapel. Hop on the Caravan and choose to ride it to it's next destination and when it stops at Crown Guard Tower just turn in the quest. Now Go to Tarenar and get the quest Traveling Companions. Run to the top of the tower and ask Argus Highbeacon to join you, grab his quest and return to Tarenar. to turn in part one. Argus has you kill 13 Plaguebats. Kill and Return to turn in the quest. Head back to Fiona and continue on with her quest. Again choose to go to the next destination.

The ride stops at Light's Shield Tower. Hop off and turn in the quest. From here Fiona give's a quest that sends you to Light's Hope Chapel to talk to Gidwin Goldbraids so just take the Flight Path where the caravan stops. He has you return to Lord Maxwell Tyrossu for the turn in. Maxwell sends you into the Crypt behind the Chapel with your two tag-alongs Gilwin and Terenar to read a scroll. You will kill 8 regular level 42 adds and finally the boss, a 42 elite with almost 6k health (Yawn). Pretty easy fight that makes you laugh at 80 and harder at 85.

I started with pretty much no rep and finished at revered. I think the quest gives you the exact amount you need to put you at 0/21000.

Now run behind and visit Lord Raymond Joy and grab his two quests. I went with Aberrationd of Bone and headed to Scholomace. Run through The Reliquary, Chamber of Summoning, through the next room, through the Ossuary to the stairwell in the back. Head down the stairs and faceroll Rattlegore. Quest done. Head to Andorhal and grab the new Flight path and hop a flight to Light's Hope Chapel to turn it in. After Dec 7th, just fly there lol. Turn in gave 2k rep.

Next is Annals of the Silver Hand. Head on over to Strathlome's regular entrance and walk on in. Plan on fighting mobs inside because they seem to jump at anything. Once in head down the first part and head North west to Market Row with the short stop in the closed gate to fight stupid rats. Once in Market Row, head left. When you get in Crusader square and head to the door, plan on getting thrown all over the place by guards aggroing so much trash it will annoy you. Once cleared, head on in The Scarlet Bastion. Again plan on some aggro caused fights. Nothing big, just annoying flies to swat at. When inside turns right in first corridor, left at the end to the next one. Go to the end and turn right. Go through this room and head left to the end of the next one. Here, open the door on the right and enter. Go all the way to the end and the small room on the left has Instructor Galford in it. Kill him and the book is behind him on the table. Quest done. Head back to Light's Hope Chapel and turn it in. 2k Honor reward.

After turn ins, quests are able to be redone. Simply reset the instances and repeat them until Exalted. I suggest Doing the Aberrations of Bone quest as it is the fastest one to finish. There is a rumor that if you do Annals of the Silver Hand and do not reset the instance, if you return the book will have re-spawned and you can simply keep running back to grab it for the turn -in, This is not confirmed at this time and Blizzard may have hot-fixed it in one of the recent hot-fix patches.

This quest was done on my level 80 Mage with garbage gear and almost no reputation with the Argent Dawn so I could track the progress. I only worked on it for about an hour and a half and was at 6000/21000 in the revered/exalted bracket. You could probably go from 0 to exalted in about 3 hours.

---------- Post added 2010-12-22 at 01:32 PM ----------

This is an original post I did in the World of Warcraft Forums and edited slightly to correct errors in the original post there I missed the day it was posted. My character's name on Thrall is Nekrongar. The mage I did it on was Nekrongir, also a member of Greed Works. As you can see his rep is still at 6000/21000. As to any question regarding the fact this is my post there, I will say the email address attached to MMO is not the same as the in game email account.

To further extend the fact this is my post (I used my toons name on the post that is the same as this one), the post in the forums is called "Argent Dawn Rep Post 4.0.3 walk through" (Can't link to it as I am a new poster)

I can (again can't submit it due to being a new poster) also submit a screen shot of my log in to the WoW forums showing my toon in the upper corner of the page while on that post. Should I win anything. Any further proof can be submitted to show this is my work including where I posted it on my guilds website, guildies I have directed to it and when all else fails, a log in on that toon at a designated time where you can ask if I wrote it through a whisper to me on Nekrongar on the Thrall server.
    Last edited by Nekrongar; 2010-12-22 at 01:40 PM.