Archaeology should be reworked or tweaked!

i just want to get rid of these excess fossil frags. hope blizz lets us convert these useless frags into ones of our choosing; or better yet let players be able to trade fragments. i mean they let us sell/trade keystones/tablets/scrolls etc., why not the fragments.

Just hold on to them. Archaeology was designed so Blizzard could add stuff to it with relative ease. It may take a few months, but eventually there will probably be more Fossil rares and you will be glad you have hundreds of fragments to burn through trying to get them.

I do agree, though. It would be nice if we could swap currently useless fragments, or disable dig sites from races from which we have found 100% of their current possible artifacts.

I would say more of a specialization in one race.. gives us like a %5- %10 to get a digsite of that race .

It's tedious and long winded. But that's secondary professions for you. Have you tried taking the others to 525 from scratch (without purchasing items).

They already let you trade the tablets, so it's not all bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Just hold on to them. Archaeology was designed so Blizzard could add stuff to it with relative ease. It may take a few months, but eventually there will probably be more Fossil rares and you will be glad you have hundreds of fragments to burn through trying to get them.

I do agree, though. It would be nice if we could swap currently useless fragments, or disable dig sites from races from which we have found 100% of their current possible artifacts.
    Smartness... bunches of smartness. And as far as "tablets" go, should be holding onto them for the blue ! you are seeing in dungeons.
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by Warhunt View Post
    It's tedious and long winded. But that's secondary professions for you.
    Well, let's compair:

First Aid: Gather cloth and make bandages. Generally speaking, you can level this to max over the course of leveling from 1 to 85 without needing to farm/buy much, if any. Once it's maxed, well, that's it.
    Cooking: Gather meat and make food, recipees initially gained from different vendors, then come entirely from daily quests. Another 'use stuff you pick up while leveling' profession, though it's largely centered around fishing. Max out Fishing and you'll have all the ingredients you need to make everything you need. Daily quests are simple, if involve fighting over spawns in cities.
    Fishing: Can be maxed standing in one spot, best done over the course of leveling as you can toss a line a few times during down-time and get skillups. Specific fish can be caught by hunting for nodes of that kind in areas that they spawn in. Has a number of grind-able flavor items, though they all involve going to specific locations.
    Archaeology: Involves traveling to randomly selected locations across the world that you have no control over outside of going there and clearing it out to randomly spawn another. This can be done somewhat while leveling, but eventually you have to stop and spend time flying around the world for this and nothing else.

If I could redesign Archaeology I'd do it one of two ways:

1) Keep it in it's current form, but have an additional bar that fills as you gather fragments/solve artifacts. After, say, 100 fragments (3-4 artifacts), you can highlight that race as your 'specialty' and the chance of digsites for it spawning increase significantly. After 250 fragments (6-8 artifacts), you can specialize entirely in that race, and only dig sites for that race will spawn.

2) Make all possible dig sites digable once you're at the skill level required for them (Outlands at 300, Tol'vir at 450, etc). Only each dig site has a cooldown associated with it. Thus, you can go out and dig all 10 Tol'vir dig-sites one after the other, but it'll be 1-2 days before they're digable again. Thus, you could go out and dig up every single dig sit in the worlds if you wanted to, tough once you'd done so you had to stop and wait for the cooldown (Though by that time the cooldown might already be up for the first sites)

one of the worse professions to level ever. fishing was bad but at least the time you spent, you are catching fish to sell or level cooking AND leveling up fishing with every cast.

be nice to bring back the portals or give engineers more wormhole generators to cut down on travel time.