Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Why would you want to be "famous" anyway? To feel better about yourself? Imho fame should be a bi-product of your natural behavior and not something to strive for in itself.
    Last edited by Bauwagast; 2011-03-25 at 01:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauwagast View Post
    Why would you want to be "famous" anyway? To feel better about yourself? Imho fame should be a bi-product of your natural behavior and not something to strive for in itself.
    It's just a guide, it was really more of a 45 minute thing to make, please don't take it to seriously.
    Hey everyone

I don't see why you really would want to become famous but eh.

I don't know if i was famous or infamous, but most people tended to recognize me after i managed to have pointless conversation and chats in the ICC general channel for some weeks. Later on i also moved on to trade and things with more random shit.
    Worth it though, learned to know some more people.
    I'm also called Median on the IRC.

Deleted
    Believe me, once you become 'more famous' the only thing people will do is judge you constantly.

If you get spammed with whispers daily, people asking you questions about your class or what not you'll end up ignoring most of them -> butthurt people will start calling you a jerk and spreading that and sooner or later you'll be the server's biggest jerk just because you want to be left alone every now and then.

Yeah..

You've got to be, the very best, that no one ever was.
    Simple as that.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitorog View Post
    Gank EVERYONE, twice.
    Hmm.. idk, doing it three times really seems to get the message through ^.^

No one is famous on my server, lest not to me, don't care enough. Many feel the same way, so go out of your way to follow these rules if you want, you won't be that well know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    No one is famous on my server, lest not to me, don't care enough. Many feel the same way, so go out of your way to follow these rules if you want, you won't be that well know.
    You will be famous in the sense that everyone knows you and wants you in their raid/arena team.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Or just spend a lot of time learning social networking skills, organizing pugs and never using the LFD tool.

Organizing runs on old raid content from Classic Wow and being a decent tank got me my name on my server. LFD is no longer needed after you've built up some solid long-term mutually beneficial relationships with people on the server. Those last for years.
    This is the best way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinen View Post
    Indeed - my Druid tank is making a lot of new friends. :-)

Thread added to favorites - this is now my bible!
    Agreed! Good thread, I have a paladin tank who also has friends.