Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    @ XxKALDORExX WTF , i bought the entire set for about 900gold few days ago...

On my realm Fireweave gloves bracers belt go all for sub 100 g, only shoulder was bit more expensive but there are dozens and dozens of tailors which will craft anything for free gratefull tha they get a free skillup, i have no idea of which 10k gold per set you are talking.

---------- Post added 2010-12-22 at 07:07 PM ----------

Well as i said i tried farming humanoids it took a good 30-45min per stack
    Last edited by Victoriaautmors; 2010-12-22 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoriaautmors View Post
    Well as i said i tried farming humanoids it took a good 30-45min per stack
    Find new humanoids. I've had great luck in the Twilight Highlands. A stack in fifteen minutes at least, more if I'm paying attention.

Also, Looterang 4tw!

I've easily made 20k-30k at least in the last week or 2 selling crafted cloth pvp gear. All the pieces can go in excess of 1k gold profit per piece, including gloves. People don't realize that people will buy their stuff regardless of the price, so gouge them like crazy! Also, epic leg enchants are going for 1.5k-2k gold each, which can be a good chunk of profit.

Im stuck in tailoring aswell.. I'm currently at 517, and the only reason why I'm able to level it still, is cause i have sweet guildies sending me all the cloth they find so I dont have to pay arounf 45g for a bolt on AH, also using 2 alts to provide more -_-

I don't think we have that scavenge anymore on these cloths, do we?

And well, i only make gold on my enchating when i make a few scrolls.. even the blue pvp gear you make with tailoring goes for like 70g max on my realm aswell, so im actuallt DE'ing them and keeping the shards for new recipes.. I've spent like 5k+ gold to level just my enchanting sofar D:
    Last edited by Neliah; 2010-12-22 at 09:49 PM.

A lot of realms have diff economies. on my realm the pvp pieces are dirt cheap. costing less than the mats to make them.
    Maybe thats just because mats on ah are rediculus like a stack of bolts for 1k+

Don't tailors have the ability to scavenge more cloth off mobs like in Woltk? I've noticed one priest from my guild grab 2-4 cloths from like 50% of the trash mobs when we do heroics. Doesn't make sense that Blizzard won't add a similar ability for Cata. Perhaps my guildie is just very lucky?

Cloth droprates do feel lower for me as well, but i'm only like 83 on that toon and my tailoring is only 506ish I believe but that also with filtering cloth down from an 85.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accia View Post
    Don't tailors have the ability to scavenge more cloth off mobs like in Woltk? I've noticed one priest from my guild grab 2-4 cloths from like 50% of the trash mobs when we do heroics. Doesn't make sense that Blizzard won't add a similar ability for Cata. Perhaps my guildie is just very lucky?
    My friend is a tailor and he gets lots more cloth then me. So yeah its the same in Cata.

Tailoring is not broken at all, you just have to check the AH for various items.. So far ive leveled my Tailoring to 525, bought the recipe for the Spellpower leg enchant, and made 5k from 1 of those, as it was the only one on the AH at the time, trying to sell another over the hollidays now, exiting if its sold when I get home..

*EDIT* A big thing to notice about being a crafter, this goes for the same thing in the real world.. you gotta have a bit of cash to start with, like an investment wich will give maybe double or lot more back.. Say you use 5k gold as my Guildie did, he have made over 100k with just using Tailoring since Cata launced, thats 95k of gold made by using 5k gold to level up with.. Id say thats a nice profit!
    Last edited by Lausten; 2010-12-23 at 12:32 PM.

Theres other ways to farm cloth. just 2 of the many awsome ways i know are:
    1) Potions of treasure farming: made by alchamists for fairly cheep cost, stick one of these bad boys on, and then go do your dailies, or go grind mobs and wait for the "tiny Treasure Chest" to drop. this contains around 5g, and ontop of that between 10-14 Embersilk cloth a time (on average) the drop isnt amasing, but my previous results of this i spent an hour killing mobs and got about 18 stacks of embersilk.
    2) heroic farming. seems like common sence, but a lot of mobs drop on the upside of 6 cloth a kill. running aproximatly 3 heroics a day, i am averaging 6-7+ stacks of cloth from this method.

i am not going to disagree with you. the cloth is a low drop, However there are always alternatives to getting hold of it

Quote Originally Posted by Trullis View Post
    My friend is a tailor and he gets lots more cloth then me. So yeah its the same in Cata.
    Not quite. Just because your friend gets more doesn't mean Tailors get more in general. Blame RNG. As a tailor, we do not get a 'Northrand savaging' type ability like we did in WotLK.

Thanks to Amalisa for this great Sig!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKALDORExX View Post
    i have been selling scrolls on the AH upwards of 1000 for certain enchants.
    Then your extremely lucky. On my server most scrolls are under 100g due to the sheer amount of enchanters.
    And to the OP, I agree. I'm sitting on 480 tailoring and levelling it is a nightmare. The drop rates are abysmal and a stack of the cloth goes for 200g+
    It seems I either pay 200g each level or mindlessly farm the cloth that is very unlikely to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoriaautmors View Post
    Enchanting the next big money maker? It is only the money maker first few days or weeks of the expansionw when you can sell overpriced mats to other enchanters or overpriced rare enchants, once everyone can do wep enchants you will be making 0 gold since everyone will have a guildie doin that for them...

While mining or herbalism not only makes you thousands and thousands of gold on the first day of the expansion but continues to be usefull later still.

Besides i was talking about tailoring not enchanting here... good god some people cant read

---------- Post added 2010-12-22 at 06:41 PM ----------

@ Flatspriest so what am i supposed to do? Its not like you can farm cloth with this droprate... It would take an hour for every skill point. Of course you can just get gold from other proffesion or playing AH or whatever but then (since tailoring will never pay this investment off) tailoring is just an expensive cloak enchant....
    Hmm
    Drop tailoring and enchating and get herbalism and mining and make thousand of gold? I can't see the point of all this QQ. Btw, the tailoring created belt is around 25k in AH

I leveled to 85 saving all of the cloth that dropped and made it to about 485 tailoring. I'm not in a mad rush to max out my tailoring, so i'll top it off as I do dungeons and pick up cloth. It isn't as bad when you craft the level 80 green leveling set; I can sell that for 100g+ on my server for 3 or 4 pieces and then go buy a few more stacks.

Deleted
    Was pretty expensive to get my talioring to 525 but i had friends help me, and everything i made i put on AH and made money back

Quote Originally Posted by Urbi View Post
    Not quite. Just because your friend gets more doesn't mean Tailors get more in general. Blame RNG. As a tailor, we do not get a 'Northrand savaging' type ability like we did in WotLK.
    Actually, iirc the Northrend Cloth Scavenging also applies to Cataclysm. Tailors can go back and reloot mobs for more cloth in heroics, happens all the time.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I think this is just a sour case of the QQ. It goes around a lot when the weather gets chilly.

My girlfriend and I make thousands and thousands and thousands of gold from Embersilk Cloth. I dont even think you understand.

First of all, let me say this (and this is for EVERYONE). Dont EVER cry about how hard it is to make gold, and how your profession is broken, etc etc. you can make money from ANYTHING. You dont even need a profession.

We check embersilk cloth every day. Any time we ever ever see it selling for less than 8 gold we buy it all. We will buy hundreds and hundreds of embersilk cloths in the range of 1-7 gold each, and resell them all for 8 gold.

You invest about 10 minutes, and you make thousands. As for tailoring...well, the BoE's sell for 20,000g each and you can generally make 1 a week. With more than one tailor, you can (obviously) increase your profit by 100 - 200%.

TLR. YOU CAN GET RICH DOING ANYTHING, WITH ANY PROFESSION, ON ANY SERVER. It just takes some intuition.

Deleted
    I agree that the drop rate is very low and investment/help is required to reach 525. Farming the cloth yourself is perfectly doable, but the amount of time you have to put into it is rediciously high. However, they will up the amount of cloth gained soon enough as they did in wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by kyraka View Post
    Hmm
    Drop tailoring and enchating and get herbalism and mining and make thousand of gold? I can't see the point of all this QQ. Btw, the tailoring created belt is around 25k in AH
    Ya and it won't sell because there is one from Guardians of Hyjal for 30g at Exalted, that is if you're talking about the one with spirit. And if it is the DPS one, there are probably blue belts better than that because mastery is garbage for most caster DPS as of current.
    ==
    Tailoring is indeed broke,

1.) No Healer pants, but 2x DPS pants? REALLY???
    2.) Can't make money off the spell threads because by the time you get done buying the embersilk, and volatiles, you will have spent more than you can probably sell them for unless it's the volatile life, or chaos orb constructed dream cloth, but that's still once or twice a week.
    3.) Darkglow embroidery is a joke, the 800 mana is probably less than the 50 intellect to back, not much of a number cruncher, but anyone with logic would assume it would be.

The good side though is in a month or so embersilk will probably be around 20g a stack, and volatiles will probably sell for 20g tops. I still think we priests got jabbed though with no craft-able epic healer pants.
    Last edited by muto; 2010-12-24 at 12:36 AM.