Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    i think one of the goals of the whole expansion was to try and put an emphasis on tight-knight groups (guilds) and what not to do the content with. ie, building a 'team' more than randomly pugging all the time. its a bit sad for the solo player, but part of the fabric of a game like this is coming together on some level with other people, since it is a 'massively multi-player' game

in any case the heroics are well tuned imo. they're only hard when a) no one knows the mechanics of a fight or b) no one knows how to work together. god save you if both A and B are true

"Thats when it basically hit me, that they are not difficult at all. It just takes more co-ordination, concentration and effort on the parts of all roles to get it successfully done."

This is what makes dungeons hard. YOu actually have to cope with certain mechanics and perform well insted of just nuking the hell out of everything before something bad happens.

The only thing that bothers me about the difficulty is with certain setups you have a really hard time (2-3 melees for the shadow boss in halls, no people with ranged aoe for that nasty worm with the crytals) just because of the setup.
    And sometimes the difficulty varies to extreme, like in shadowfang. first boss hell. second bos boredom. third boss hard. fourth/last boss boredom.

The heroics generally require everyone to watch their feet and perform one, maybe two tasks. Unfortunately, that is more than your average player can do. But I can't stand running them right now because either I accept a wipe filled pug or wait for guildies, which isn't always possible. I just want to raid. I accept that I have to spend a certain amount of time getting prepared for raids, but I hate--and I mean hate--having to waste an extra second in any dungeon because the average player isn't capable of moderately challenging tasks.

For all those saying that these are heroics, I'd point out that they are still dungeons only awarding 346 gear. When I want a challenge, I'll raid, not hop into Grim Batol only for the healer to die five times in a row to the fire cone from the shield.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Heroics arent too hard, people just want to clear everything too quickly, before they have the proper gear for it. CC and marking and smart dps helps alot as wel as you stated urself

Deleted
    Well. I have been tanking so far. And everything have been faceroll, aoe pull zerging. But I have been hearing alot of healer complaints on the forums, so I tried on a holy spec to heal, queued several random dungeons, and I honestly don't see the issue with heroics, even in random group. I had scrub tanks with no gear, just heal more, I had peopel getting one shotted... well... let them die. But overall, everything is easy.

As a healer ( and my gear is not good, I dont even have a full set ), I hate CC. It makes healing so boring when there is nothing to heal. Also makes the run slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachman View Post
    Obviously, alot has been made of the healing problems on here, but really? Good geared tank, who is able to hold aggro with good survivability, DPS who can do decent damage whilst moving out of an AoEs that spawn in 2-3 seconds and you won't rely so much on the healer to go OOM to keep everyone up.

Question is, what do you guys believe, are the Cataclysm Heroics too difficult?
    You hit it right on the head. We ALL got lazy and many still are. As a tank I used to just stand in crap and was healed through it. Interrupt?? yeah right. Fast forward and I need to move, interrupt, stun etc. My wife is a healer so she has yelled at me. But in randoms many DPS (I say this because I am a tank and my wife the healer so randoms are all DPS) still haven't learned.

I had the same "epiphany" last week when we had the same experience when our normal 10 man team spit into 2 5 mans to run heroics so we could raid this week. We did HoO in 1 hour 5 minutes with one wipe (we all got lazy and missed a mechanic).

If the tank, and DPS do their job, mana is plenty, and my wife is a priest which is the most mana gimpied

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    I refresh the MMOChampion homepage and what do I see? Three topics about heroic difficulty.
    And you're just drawn to that reply button rather than ignoring them, right?
    Though the question is, did you put this comment on all three or actually contribute to something?
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Deleted
    this pretty funny thread like many thousand before that were about cata heroics and shows how imature people here are

Its like with cool stuff. "Cata hc are hard" was cool like 1 week ago, now everyone uses it, so "cata hc are easy" is cool again. Simple as that.

15+ Year Old Account
    You could u know check any of the other 1000 threads about this and give your thought there.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I think the heroics are perfect, I haven't done all of them mind you but i've been in enough to know it's not the difficulty of the instace, it's the intelligence of the group...when the tank pulls 8k dps, which is avg from what I see now, and the 2 other dps are doing 5k, it means they need to leave heroics and learn to play the specs/classes better or just run regs and get better gear. I'm a fury warrior and on average I do 9k, 11k if i get lucky with rage and procs. not much more the tanks but still over by a good thousand.

I have noticed us DPS have to move more too, AoE's are some big killers I've seen, and still no one gets one of WoW's biggest rules, DO NOT STAND IN THE FIRE, now i know not all AoE's are fire but it's the same concept in my opinion, if the boss targets you with an AoE, MOVE, or die. Back to the original point, no heroics are to to difficult, just have to get a competent group.