Couple of questions on haste+Dots and shadow bolt buff

Hi!
    I'm really trying to understand a couple of things as a raiding warlock.

[solved] 1.) I tried to test the 10% 30% 50% dot thing and I guess I don't understand it as well as I thought. I took off gear and didn't cast soul fire. At 5% haste I got 7 ticks of corruption on the dummy. I put on gear to 11% haste and again got 7 ticks. I put on all gear and reforged a bit to 15.5% haste (reforged hit for testing) and cast SF to get 30.5% haste. I still got 7 ticks. I'm a goblin too, btw. Am I misunderstanding that whole concept?

2.) In a 10 man where I'm the only caster dps (other dps consist of 2 dk's, 1 hunter, 1 rogue and sometimes a boomkin), is shadow bolt still wise to use in my rotation?

[solved] 3.) From what I understand, due to the ISF buff now, haste isn't the most important thing to stack. Crit is good now too. I'm finding though that there is a LOT of movement in many of these Cata fights and that I really could use the haste to get as much off as I can before I have to go mobile again. Most of the high end raiding locks I see have about 11-12% haste and ~14% crit. Is this kind of a middle ground between the two that is ideal?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.

---------- Post added 2010-12-23 at 01:33 AM ----------

Okay, I did the math over again thoroughly and figured out the haste and corruption thing. The other question still stands though!
    Last edited by pratiken; 2010-12-23 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    for demo and affiction: shadowbolt is ur main nuke so use it
    for destro: use it once every 30 sec to keep the 5%crit up if noone else can provide it.

What Butterzz said.

As Affliction you can use Drain Life instead of Sbolt but its real easy to screw up and if you screw up its worse than Sbolt.

I personally use Drain and Sbolt depending on the situation. IF i've Life tapped Ill put a few drains in to help the healer. If there's a aoe damage phase where the healer is swamped Ill use it. SBolt is basically My Default choice whenever I'm Just doing damage and the boss is >25%.

As Demo The "Optimum" Filler spell is Sbolt but ive seen people use Incinerate just fine. The diffrence isnt that much and when Molten Core Procs Incinerate should hold priority over Sbolt.

Okay, I did the math over again thoroughly and figured out the haste and corruption thing. The other question still stands though!
    And what did you find out??