Page 1 of 2
LastLast

skype is effed in the a?

anyone else have their skype not working properly? for those that dont know what skype is, its a different form of vent where you dont have to press a push to talk button. i find it eaiser than vent, but thats me.

back to the point...did skype take a shit or what?

I'm not sure.

Kind of off topic here but i prefer vent for the sole reason people have to use a button to talk. Otherwise i get unnecessary chatter.

And you already get to set vent to pick up your voice without pressing a button.

Deleted
    Yea Skype's a bit broken today it seems, keep getting dc'd and can't call anyone :[

More Skype threads please...

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

If you've never used TeamSpeak, it's awesome. Much clearer than Ventrilo.

Never thought the day would come...

Teamspeak3 is new and beats Ventrilo in quality and lagity (lol?).

Ventrilo is outdated.

Skype beats both of them because there's none to little lag when communicating and the quality is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinwtf View Post
    Teamspeak3 is new and beats Ventrilo in quality and lagity (lol?).

Ventrilo is outdated.

Skype beats both of them because there's none to little lag when communicating and the quality is better.
    Can you use Skype in the same manner you use TS/Vent? I always thought it was for one on one talks.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindv View Post
    thanks for the link, been looking

Deleted
    Mumble, beats em all. Skype adds a lot of unnecessary latency.

Vent quality is poo(but consistent), and I think we used TS years ago, and that quality was varied and inconsistant.

hum, well ty for the link

Deleted
    TS3 is amazing, the clarity is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo View Post
    Can you use Skype in the same manner you use TS/Vent? I always thought it was for one on one talks.
    I think you can only have 5 in 1 conversation

I've had 10+ ppl in one skype conversation, I have no idea of it's limit

Yeah I was having a problem too, but it went away fast. O.o

Off topic: Not sure if the limit. But I have had at least 20-30 people in a call before. Skype is great and clear. But for gaming I would never use it, unless you was doing 1 on 1 or a 5 man dungeon. TS is okay, I like ventrilo a lot more though... But I think the best so far is mumble, it's so clear and awesome, guild is finally using it..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livvy View Post
    TS3 is amazing, the clarity is stunning.
    Every single TS3 server I have used in the last year has had excellent sound quality. My hosted TS3 server is really good and I only have the quality set slight above average. The main downside is the documentation is awful.

Ventrilo is something I have never really been a fan of, it seems to have more fluctuation in people's mic volumes meaning you have to manually go and fix their sound level for them through effects. Plus it can be horribly laggy.

Skype used to be better than it is now, we had loads of issues getting people into the same room near the end of wotlk. It is still nice for small conversations though.

Some of my friends rave about Mumble while others aren't so convinced, TS3 does the job so that's what my friends and I use.

Deleted
    Skype's great for small-scale things, like heroics. I still much prefer Vent for raiding.

Deleted
    Skype starts to become terrible when there are many people in one call (5+ usually).

For more than that, use Mumble..

OT: Thanks for the link, my skype keeps crashing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronlaender View Post
    I think you can only have 5 in 1 conversation
    Na, with the latest skype I was on with about 11 friends discussing what to do other then wow the other day :P