Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Reins of the spectral tiger TCG Discussion

Now that iv got your attention i just want you to post your opinion about this:

So i wanted to check on the MMO-champ competition reward, the flying rocket and i noticed something, the spectral tiger was on this site to, for fun i tought id check how much it went for these days:
    http://www.wowtcgloot.com/reins_of_t...tral_tiger.htm
    then scroll down some and check the actions going:

Yea.....
    1000$ for an ingame mount, are people insane enough to buy this?
    I mean its an "investment" for 1k$ that you might just enjoy ingame
    Hell, 1000$ can give you a descent car!

Post your thoughts about this

Ow, and also: I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy near to everyone, may you get your epix for x-mas :P

Deleted
    Who woudl actually pay this much? the Tyrael minipet it like 700$ too

I dont know what car would be decent for 1000, maybe useable. But anyway, there are always people who want to have things that others dont. There are people who love to say, I got mine before everyone else, and they will spend whatever money they need to be able to do that.

On the other side of the coin are people who have enough money that spending $1000 takes about as much thought as buying a taco at the bell.

Also there are people like you mentioned who see it as an investment, spend the 1000 then sell it to someone for 1200.

Its well worth over 1000 bucks.

some people just have a lot of expendable income.

Deleted
    Meh, some people put WoW in front of their real lifes. Plus some people who play WoW have quite a lot of money

Deleted
    Few reasons:
    1. You can buy and sell for higher price.
    2. You can buy and sell it ingame - alot of pixel golds ;D
    3. Buy and enjoy it - usually people can spend even more for their hobby.
    Although stuff like that is bought by upper-middle class, since is kinda expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Its well worth over 1000 bucks.
    Can you tell me the reason? And dont tell me it is rare.... tell me a real reason why it worths more than 1000Bucks?

Deleted
    i´d rather go to the next homeless guy and give him that 1000$. your money isn´t wasted and you made someone happy happy happy

Deleted
    collectors

never seen somebody paying a lot of money for a rare object?

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    Don't quote me on this, but i think because that series isn't being made any more, so its like super rare. Kinda like a really old baseball card, only this also gives you a really cool mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.

I would not pay more than 25 dollars for it myself. It's cool and all, but its not worth 'well oer 1,000 dollars'. Hell no. There is nothing in this game that is worth that much, especially a mount that is primarily only going to be used in BGs. I love World of Warcraft but people piss away so much money on it without even thinking, even people that don't really have that much money. Half the reason I like it is that it is relatively cheap overall...150 dollars a year in subcriptioins is a pretty damn good deal IMO when you consider the alternatives....150 dollars is like one night at an NFL game, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    collectors

never seen somebody paying a lot of money for a rare object?
    True, but collectors most often collect things one can touch, this is not.

+ if you can't find a okay car for 1000$, you'r looking at the wrong place

---------- Post added 2010-12-24 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nbcall View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but i think because that series isn't being made any more, so its like super rare. Kinda like a really old baseball card, only this also gives you a really cool mount.
    baseball card, i can understand but an ingame item you cant enjoy or look at when you are ingame with THAT specific character, why use that much on it?

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    i´d rather go to the next homeless guy and give him that 1000$. your money isn´t wasted and you made someone happy happy happy
    erhm who says this guy won't go to the drugdealer around the corner :P yes he's happy, but is THAT worth 1k?

to be fair, reply.
    1k hell no not for me...
    but ye, there are plenty people who have the cash + are nerdy enough to have a CE thing in a game they (might) not play in a couple of years.
    Last edited by Dwergaapje; 2010-12-24 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by critterkiller View Post
    True, but collectors most often collect things one can touch, this is not.

+ if you can't find a okay car for 1000$, you'r looking at the wrong place

---------- Post added 2010-12-24 at 06:20 PM ----------

baseball card, i can understand but an ingame item you cant enjoy or look at when you are ingame with THAT specific character, why use that much on it?
    We all collect things we can't touch.

In the end it all just depends on how much it's worth for you.

People might chop off a limb for a spectral tiger, its no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomz View Post
    People might chop off a limb for a spectral tiger, its no joke.
    You are insane. Truly, insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    1000 bucks for a car? I never pay over 500 bucks for a car. Drive it until it explodes, literally. Get a new one, I've had junkers last me for years. Replace one simple thing and it keeps going. But yeah I can't justify spending that much money on a mount. Unless I won the lottery, then I would.

Spectral tigre is nice and all, but 1000$ is nicer.

I'd buy it if I could. Does that mean I'm a loser?