Tanking with t11 dps gloves instead of my blues

So I just downed Algaroth and got the DPS gloves from him. If I equip the DPS gloves I get more stam and more mastery (little more armor lol), but lose 0.6% parry and expertise.

What do you guys think ? Should I use them for tanking since its Stamina > Mastery > Parry ???

DPS gloves : http://www.wowhead.com/item=60326
    Tanking Gloves : http://www.wowhead.com/item=63434

Use them., Their a fair upgrade.

I'm just trying to do the maths from the WoWhead links, but doesn't the parry give you a larger %unhittable than the mastery value?

I would go for the tanking gloves for the most part. People might rate you by Stam, but its not the greatest stat for tanks anymore, avoidance and mitigation make you survive longer and save healers mana. However, if you find a boss that's hitting you with large amounts of damage in single hits (which will only be in raids), then equip the higher stam dps gloves.

Stam for raids, avoidance for HCs.

You are giving up 137 parry (if you reforge the haste) and 114 exp for 43 Sta, and 149 mastery. hmmm I am not sure I would do that unless you are exp capped already (which I assume you aren't). It would be one of those items I carry in my bag and think about it, but not sure I would use it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    You are giving up 137 parry (if you reforge the haste) and 114 exp for 43 Sta, and 149 mastery. hmmm I am not sure I would do that unless you are exp capped already (which I assume you aren't). It would be one of those items I carry in my bag and think about it, but not sure I would use it
    I'd do this trade up in a heartbeat. Expertise is highly overvalued by alot of tanks. As warriors we are pulling insane amounts of TPS, so having a dodge/parry isn't gonna make us lose aggro. The Mastery alone is worth it, the stamina is gravy. Your also gaining a tad of armor which definitely another plus.

The only downside... the socket bonus, 10 mastery is leagues beyond 10str.
    Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What Rhade just said... from one warrior to another, wear the tier and reforge the haste to parry. I have almost 0 expertise in my tank gear and can hold threat on people doing 18-20k as long as they give me 2-3 seconds in the beginning and don't stupid stuff like pop their CD's while I'm having to kite something.