Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I got it at 86 NE solves (including all rares). In the same time I got 100 fossil fragments, and completed 7 Tol'Vir artifacts (including 2 rares). I actually got the trinket, then on my next digsite complete the Staff of Ammunae, then got a string of Tol'vir digsites which ended up giving me the Vial of the Sands recipe, so i was quite happy.

took me 256 solves...go figure...

Got the doll on my 267th nelf artifact. Not kewl.

Oh and I am 66 Tol'vir in without the mount recipe or the mount scepter. bleehhh

Deleted
    227 nelf artifacts... no trinket
    41 tol'vor artifacts... 2 rares (ring and pendant) <--- no need this fucking shit
    i really hate blizzard for rng

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i got mines at 45 ( ish )
    Total Artifacts
    Dwarf : 17
    Draenei : 1
    Fossil : 28
    Night Elf : 54
    Nerubian : 4
    Orc : 1
    Tol'vir : 10
    Troll : 34
    Vrykul : 6

Deleted
    ~100 NE artifacts for this trinket

A shammy in my guild has it. Not sure how many solves it took him.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot237 View Post
    So both me and a guildie have been trying for this stupid trinket forever, i'm at 76 NE solves at 525 he's at 80, just wondering how many of you have goten this and how many solves it took? im starting to go insane trying to get it already
    Druid buddy of mine got it, after about a week of hardcore arching at max skill. It is a rare, and can take 100 solves + before you see it (or more thanks to RNG.) But this is to be expected since it can be done solo and requires nothing more than luck of the draw and time.

Got mine as soon as I switched over to Kalimdor for digging. My gnome priest is very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyronius View Post
    It is a rare, and can take 100 solves + before you see it (or more thanks to RNG.)
    The RNG means you can find it on your 1st or 300th solve, depending on the RNG percentile. Friend of mine got Zin'rokh after 4 solves, yet I've been grinding for the vial of the sands recipe for roughly 200 hours now (looking for Canopic Jar #10). This, my friend, is RNG at its finest.
    "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. It is [being elevated] to a new level of understanding." - Peter Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy
    ... I live in Texas and I have seen a TON of climate change in ONE day ...
    ZOMG! Play NES games in your browser!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    the doll is nothing compared to the dward staff... keep grinding folks
    Have you tried Zin'rokh? lol....

I'm approaching my 100th NE solve, no trinket. Honestly, NOT having the trinket makes the grind bearable - because once I get the trinket the Tol'vir frustration will grow tenfold.

And speaking of Tol'vir - I've completed 3 rares (including the bug mount /woot) but still no Vial recipe.

Only 1 rare from Professor and then I think I'll give this trade a rest. For a long, long, long time.

Deleted
    a Feral druid in my guild got it dead early into the expansion and was showing it off to others (casters) rofl, he did get insanely lucky though

---------- Post added 2011-01-05 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iralien View Post
    I'm approaching my 100th NE solve, no trinket. Honestly, NOT having the trinket makes the grind bearable - because once I get the trinket the Tol'vir frustration will grow tenfold.

And speaking of Tol'vir - I've completed 3 rares (including the bug mount /woot) but still no Vial recipe.

Only 1 rare from Professor and then I think I'll give this trade a rest. For a long, long, long time.
    Wasn't the recipe a rare chance from a gray urn you could open? I read that once on these very forums if I'm not mistaken, don't know if you can also just get it as a solve on its own though

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got mine after about 60 solves. I was lucky. This means that I will get like 90% pointless fragments when farming for tol'vir though.

I'm levelling my alts with archaeology, 2 of em 525 with both having the doll, either I'm incredibly lucky, or not, your guess. (Going for Zin'rok, hope third char to 525 will give it . ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Congratulations to Egypt, who after many wipes over a very long raid lasting most of the week, resulting in some very close attempts earlier this morning, has finally downed Mub'arak, earning a tribute to insanity. Now that they have completed trial, will Paragon beat them to the punch in ICC? Only time will tell. According to a very credible source, some of the loots included liberty, freedom of speech, and, most importantly, the internets.

Clicky!

i got it on my second Nelf fine..i was 525 working in OL and i never went to kalmador until i capped..its probibly a RNG thing.

My war got doll through 36 solves, but no ZinRokh after 140 solves

---------- Post added 2011-01-05 at 02:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Polarwiseman View Post
    I got it at 86 NE solves (including all rares). In the same time I got 100 fossil fragments, and completed 7 Tol'Vir artifacts (including 2 rares). I actually got the trinket, then on my next digsite complete the Staff of Ammunae, then got a string of Tol'vir digsites which ended up giving me the Vial of the Sands recipe, so i was quite happy.
    You, Sir, are incredibly luck and for that I am jealous!

(Grats!)

RNG huh :/ So anyone know or any thoughts about how far this can go? 1 - xxx?

I have now done 145 NE completed got 6/7 rares on about 85 completed.. I can see that i still have a long way to go to reach some people but still feel really unlucky already xD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeld View Post
    I'm levelling my alts with archaeology, 2 of em 525 with both having the doll, either I'm incredibly lucky, or not, your guess. (Going for Zin'rok, hope third char to 525 will give it . ).
    You sir, have a lot of time on your hands. I'm only leveling one toon with Arch, and glad I chose my mage, as teleport saves a lot of time. I think I'd be gouging my eyeballs out if I did this on more than one toon!